Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fun facts about our sense of smell
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
225 thanks in 163 posts

Fun facts about our sense of smell
01-17-2010 6:39 AM

These are some facts I found interesting over at the sense of smell institute.  They study just the sense of smell not pheromones. 

The sense of smell plays a vital role in our sense of well-being and quality of life.

No two people smell the same odor the same way. In other words, a rose may smell sweeter to some people than to others.

Your nose can smell directionally, telling you where an odor originates

A woman's sense of smell is keener than a man's. 

People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos sinks to about 50% after only three months.

Your sense of smell is least acute in the morning; our ability to perceive odors increases as the day wears on.

We go about our activities, breathing in and out, as an infinite number of chemical molecules interact subliminally with our odor receptors. Only when an odor irritates or pleases us or acts as a sudden reminder of the past do we pause to take notice.

Since using pheromones I have experienced many of these first hand.  The sense of smell is highly underrated.  Its not just pheromones either that can signal people or cause emotional responses.  Some scents do this on there own which I find very interesting. 

Maybe in this post we can share some information on our experiences with different scents and the pheromone "like" effects some can have.

Tisha

01-17-2010 6:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by esmeralda

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
225 thanks in 163 posts

RE: Fun facts about our sense of smell
01-17-2010 7:17 AM

I mentioned this study before but its good to add to this thread....

Quote:Folk wisdom suggests that various aromas are sexually enticing, but no data exists demonstrating the actual effects of specific odors on arousal. Dr. Hirsch and colleague Dr. Jason Gruss initiated a study to investigate the impact of ambient olfactory stimuli upon sexual response in the human male.

Quote:Each of the 30 odors produced an increase in penile blood flow. However, not all increased arousal to the same degree. The combined odor of lavender and pumpkin pie had the greatest effect, increasing median penile blood flow by 40%. Next in effectiveness was the combination of black licorice and doughnut, which increased arousal by 31.5%. And so on, all the way down to cranberry, which only increased penile blood flow by 2%. Depending on the man's age, they may have reacted differently than their counterparts to certain smells. For instance, older men tended to respond strongly to vanilla.

Increase in Penile Blood Flow Produced by Top 10 Odors in 31 Male Volunteers

Odor or odor combination

Lavender and pumpkin pie 40%
Doughnut & black licorice 31.5 %
Pumpkin pie & doughnut 20 %
Orange 19.5%
Lavender & doughnut 18 %
Black licorice and cola 13 %
Black licorice 13 %
Doughnut & cola 12.5 %
Lily of the valley 11 %
Buttered popcorn 9 %

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,​,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,​,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
01-17-2010 7:17 AM
Tfrankz
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks received:
45 thanks in 21 posts

01-24-2010 1:46 AM

Hello Tisha

Have you looked up that short video link I posted a bit back about the way we smell? It really is interesting that based on a wave length that an another smell can be matched that way and smell the same!

Olfactory theories Luca Turin specks.
01-24-2010 1:46 AM
terry0400-40

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3696
Thanks received:
3017 thanks in 1427 posts

01-24-2010 2:30 PM

(01-24-2010 1:46 AM)Tfrankz Wrote:  Hello Tisha Have you looked up that short video link I posted a bit back about the way we smell? It really is interesting that based on a wave length that an another smell can be matched that way and smell the same! Olfactory theories Luca Turin specks.
I followed your link and found this scary one about perfumes that carry the scent of death...

My thread >
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Sex-pills-a...nt-reviews
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2010 2:33 PM by terry0400-40.)
01-24-2010 2:30 PM
Tfrankz
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks received:
45 thanks in 21 posts

01-25-2010 12:10 AM

I see that was back in 2005 and wonder if that is what happened over at PT with the ammo scent change a bit back. If so it took a long time to happen!
01-25-2010 12:10 AM

terry0400-40

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3696
Thanks received:
3017 thanks in 1427 posts

01-25-2010 1:10 AM

I had been putting off ordering Ammo and then when i did decide to order some just because so many seemed to like the fragrance it was all over and i was too late because of the intro of game scent, I would have gone for the X 2 strength anyways....

My thread >
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Sex-pills-a...nt-reviews
01-25-2010 1:10 AM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
225 thanks in 163 posts

01-25-2010 4:37 AM

tfrank Wrote:Have you looked up that short video link I posted a bit back about the way we smell? It really is interesting that based on a wave length that an another smell can be matched that way and smell the same!

No I dont think I have. I will look it up when I get home today. Its sounds interesting.

tfrank Wrote:I see that was back in 2005 and wonder if that is what happened over at PT with the ammo scent change a bit back. If so it took a long time to happen!

I didnt see the film yet but ammo changed because of oakmoss and some other components and the new regulations and scent and allergies. They should just sell Ammo in neroli temporarily until they find its new scent. They should also run a contest on the new scent package in there forum. Ammo is a huge seller and I know no matter what they claim they are taking a big financial hit not having it readily available for testing.

Tisha
01-25-2010 4:37 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Music sense of smell Tfrankz 1 830 12-25-2009 9:08 PM
Last Post: Tfrankz
  Figleaves engages sense of smell Niatalya 4 1,367 11-05-2009 6:17 PM
Last Post: renny