Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Figleaves engages sense of smell
Niatalya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Figleaves engages sense of smell
11-05-2009 4:27 PM

Wow it took marketers a long time to figure this out. I'm sure there are many companies already doing this.
11-05-2009 4:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Figleaves engages sense of smell
11-05-2009 4:44 PM

Makes me wonder if those pheromone 'spills' in my shipments from AD were really on accident. I sometimes think that they purposefully spray pheromones onto the shipments to mentally link the 'good' vibes with packages from AD.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
11-05-2009 4:44 PM
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

11-05-2009 5:13 PM

(11-05-2009 4:44 PM)Phya Wrote:  Makes me wonder if those pheromone 'spills' in my shipments from AD were really on accident. I sometimes think that they purposefully spray pheromones onto the shipments to mentally link the 'good' vibes with packages from AD.

Bingo! [Image: 3.gif]

I also believe there are a number of stores, including Abercrombie & Finch and Harrods of London, that use their air-conditioning/heating systems to pump molecules into the air to help you more throughly enjoy your shopping experience. That and dispersing subliminal suggestion/messages, through music, have you standing in line buying socks you don't really need...lol!

Bella
11-05-2009 5:13 PM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

11-05-2009 5:24 PM

(11-05-2009 5:13 PM)Bella Wrote:  That and dispersing subliminal suggestion/messages, through music, have you standing in line buying socks you don't really need...lol!

Hmmm, do they do that in supermarkets too? Like when you're really hungry and go shopping, cause I always end up buying a bunch of stuff that I never eat! [Image: 6.gif]

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
11-05-2009 5:24 PM
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-05-2009 7:17 PM

I've used cinnamon/apple Glade in my store for years. I think it really does make a difference in impulse sales. I remember reading about it in an industry publication and thinking "Hmmm, that's a weird thing for a primarily guys store to smell like." But I tried it and sure enough it made a noticable difference. The article mentioned Christmas and it has to do with that. Apple pie is a holiday association.

The Androstenone Discussion
11-05-2009 7:17 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fun facts about our sense of smell Tisha 6 16,620 01-25-2010 5:37 AM
Last Post: Tisha
Music sense of smell Tfrankz 1 2,193 12-25-2009 10:08 PM
Last Post: Tfrankz