Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Fear and Excitement are similiar
metaltree

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Fear and Excitement are similiar
11-03-2016 2:57 PM

Lately I've been reading that fear and excitement involve the exact same chemicals in the body. It is what we do with our mind that makes the two emotions different.

Has anyone in this forum been able to change their mental focus in such a way where they have been able to transform fear/anxiety into excitement?

This post is in the club house for off topic conversations but I do have a pheromone need. When I apply Androstenone I feel strong butterflies in my stomach and I feel very anxious and unsettled. I'm wondering if there is a way that I can use my mind to transform this anxious feeling into a feeling of excitement and pleasure.
11-03-2016 2:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Rep Post

RE: Fear and Excitement are similiar
11-03-2016 3:17 PM

(11-03-2016 2:57 PM)metaltree Wrote:  Lately I've been reading that fear and excitement involve the exact same chemicals in the body. It is what we do with our mind that makes the two emotions different.

Has anyone in this forum been able to change their mental focus in such a way where they have been able to transform fear/anxiety into excitement?

This post is in the club house for off topic conversations but I do have a pheromone need. When I apply Androstenone I feel strong butterflies in my stomach and I feel very anxious and unsettled. I'm wondering if there is a way that I can use my mind to transform this anxious feeling into a feeling of excitement and pleasure.

If you enjoy rollercoasters, you've experienced this. The key is to reframe the experience consciously, similar to fake-it-until-you-make-it. It is a skill that you must learn if you want to become good at it, and remember that you are currently unconsciously incompetent at it, and you will progress through conscious incompetence, conscious competence, and eventually unconscious competence (where you just do it).

This will take a very long time and a lot of work to become unconsciously competent at a skill like this one.

A tactic that is helpful in this is to use the property expression or body language being inextricably linked to emotional state. Similarly to how adopting an alpha male stance can improve your feelings of empowerment and confidence, adopting an expression and stance of being excited should help you feel more excited and less anxious.
11-03-2016 3:17 PM
Spars
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-03-2016 3:30 PM

Barefoot! Nice explanation!
Tried to rep it, but I gotta spread the love before I rep you again!

For myself, this occurs when a big event is coming and there are preparations that need to be made. The calm confidence only occurs when my appetite for success is fulfilled. i.e., the job is done to my standards and expectations. The butterflies and anxiousness fall away and with a sigh of relief, I'm unstoppable and excited to reap the rewards of my success.

I appreciate you putting this up. It helped me connect myself and better understand. Obviously, the key to me is to channel my nervousness or anxiety to an outlet. I experience a similar effect after a big lift. I tend to do my best work when this event occurs and the confidence is a sweet high that I try to remember.
11-03-2016 3:30 PM
RussianWolf

Rep Post

11-03-2016 7:17 PM

Maybe work out during that time and use it to your advantage. Just my two cents

You want to know the truth, but then when it's given to you; you don't know what to do with it.
11-03-2016 7:17 PM
metaltree

Rep Post

11-04-2016 1:10 PM

I have been doing more research into this concept and the key seeme to be "mindfulness". Being in the present moment allows you to accept the butterflies in your stomach while bypassing any negative intrepetations. Then you can experience the feeling without thinking of it as fear.
11-04-2016 1:10 PM

BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-04-2016 2:43 PM

(11-03-2016 3:30 PM)Spars Wrote:  Barefoot! Nice explanation!
Tried to rep it, but I gotta spread the love before I rep you again!

For myself, this occurs when a big event is coming and there are preparations that need to be made. The calm confidence only occurs when my appetite for success is fulfilled. i.e., the job is done to my standards and expectations. The butterflies and anxiousness fall away and with a sigh of relief, I'm unstoppable and excited to reap the rewards of my success.

I appreciate you putting this up. It helped me connect myself and better understand. Obviously, the key to me is to channel my nervousness or anxiety to an outlet. I experience a similar effect after a big lift. I tend to do my best work when this event occurs and the confidence is a sweet high that I try to remember.

Glad I could help.

(11-03-2016 7:17 PM)RussianWolf Wrote:  Maybe work out during that time and use it to your advantage. Just my two cents

This is very good, and works well for a friend of mine. He's found that he better enters flow after he's discharged the energy in his body. So he wakes early, hits the iron, then goes and works on his brain-driven projects.
11-04-2016 2:43 PM
Dom2789
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-05-2016 6:29 AM

Excitement and fear clouds mind. You need to handle both the emotions properly. The ways to do so:

Meditation
PEAT by Zivorad Slavanski
Subliminal ( You should make your own)

Patience is the key to handle both of them.
11-05-2016 6:29 AM
duker
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

11-09-2016 5:42 AM

They are two different terms.
11-09-2016 5:42 AM
BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-09-2016 1:43 PM

(11-09-2016 5:42 AM)duker Wrote:  They are two different terms.

Come on, that's a low-effort, low-content reply. Of COURSE they're two different terms. We're discussing their relationship and how to manage them. I'm not going to torch you, here, but you've got to step up your game and make better posts than this or you're not going to last here. To me, this looks like a quick post so you can get your five and move up to the next level.
11-09-2016 1:43 PM
GoergeFocky
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-09-2016 1:47 PM

It's like when Trump is President-elect. One half of Americans ae excited, the other half are afraid ... Only a bad joke of course, I hope for the great USA that what seems a grave division from afar can be overcome in everyday life at least. I'd liked to see a Prsident Sanders, but I personally and from a european security perspective prefer Trump over Clinton any day, if anyone wans to know.

I disagree that only becuase the same endogenous substances are involved you would can call fear and excitement the same, or that they are the same - they are not and there are still vast physiological differences between the two states, and the moment these very physiological settings that are fear or excitement, the very moment you feel either one of these emotions, you cannot simply transform them by being conscious or mindful of them. When it happened, it happened, but mindfulness will allow you to control both states better and initiate a change.

And as a crass counterexample: The growth of some cancers involves the same endogenous substances as the growth of other benigne tissue. Are they the same?
Oxytocin is involved in love and hate, as is dopamine, serotonin in sadness and contentment, the list is endless.
11-09-2016 1:47 PM

Share This Thread