Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Creating scented phero sprays & average dosing
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3534
Thanks received:
2903 thanks in 1466 posts

Creating scented phero sprays & average dosing
03-22-2013 10:23 PM

First: SPRAYS

Disclaimer: I am a Love Potion junkie. I have only done this with Love Potion products and can only vouch for the effectiveness of the products I've used. I have not tried this with other vendors....yet...

I have been asked this often enough that I though it might be helpful to have it available here.

I refer to any unscented pheromone blend and an UN.

The only UNs that I have personally scented in the bottle they came in are the ones that I got in spray form and in alcohol, 60/40 alcohol to oil.

I have most of my UNs in oil and I convert them to sprays when I want to scent them, mostly because the UN oils last longer and I don't want to pin them down to one scent for the life of the bottle (yes, I WAY over think things LOL)

FOR THE UN SPRAYS

You can take a Love Potion trial sized vial at 1.5ml and lightly scent an entire 1oz spray bottle! (I didn't believe it until I tried it!) I did this with my Topper and Perfect Match and was genuinely surprised at how well the entire bottle was scented by such a little bit of perfumed oil! Since the sprays are alcohol based they blend nicely...no shaking required after first being mixed, though I would give them sit 2 to 24 hours to marinade and meld together.
*SPECIAL NOTE: If you have sprays in the silicone base, you will need to shake prior to each application as the oil and silicone do not meld together like the oil and alcohol do. But I've gotten into the habit of shaking everything anyway....

1.5ml will nicely, lightly, scent a 1oz spray, so if you want a stronger or truer scent then you would just increase the amount. The most I have used was with my Stone Cougar. I transferred some to a travel sized spray and used 2/3 Cougar to 1/3 fragrance oil and you would never know that it wasn't purchased that way! Big Grin So if you were looking to "perfume" an entire bottle...
1oz = approx. 30ml. So 10ml of oil would scent a 1oz bottle of UN to a lovely, full bodied perfume. (I believe Love Potion even sells, or did, 1oz bottles of perfumer's alcohol at 2/3 full for customers to pour their favorite perfume oils in to create sprays)

If you have a bottle that is less than 2/3 full, you could "eyeball" about what 1/3 of that would be. I believe using more would just be unnecessary and maybe even wasteful of the perfume oil.

If your bottle is more than 2/3 full, you could pour in the perfume to "top it off" and see what you think.

I would let them "marinade" for at least an hour before wearing...over night is better, but if you can't wait...shake it good!lol! nothing awful will happen Laugh1

NOW FOR MAKING UN OILS INTO SPRAYS

If you're just looking to scent an UN oil bottle, top it off with the fragrance oil of your choice and let "marinade". I have not done this myself because of what I mentioned above. 2/3 UN to 1/3 fragrance should do the trick.

If you're looking to transfer your oils into something else to create a spray here's the rule of thumb I use:

Whatever the container size, keep it at least 50/50 alcohol to oil so it will spray nicely. I've never gone higher at 40/60 (40 alcohol to 60 oil) but that's pushing a good spray consistency going heavier on the oil than the alcohol, truly 50/50 should be fine and I often do 60/40 (alcohol/oil).

SO whatever vessel you will be using, you want your fragranced phero to be potent enough to still work when you use it so you have to use enough OF it.

Step 1
1/3 of the container = UN phero blend in oil.

Step 2
Then (by eyeballing or math), building on the 1/3 phero blend already in the container, use you're fragrance oil to bring the container to half way full.

Step 3
Then top off with perfumer's alcohol and let "marinade" over night (or as above mentioned lol) and Wha-La!
Perfumed phero spray!

I got my perfumer's alcohol from here:

But like I said, Love Potion has some supplies as well and I do get my little 5ml travel spray bottles from there, though I was told ebay may have them in bulk...I have SO many already I'm afraid of what I'll do if I find them in bulk so I haven't looked..but it's coming, I just know it...

Just another quick note...You will be diluting the potency of the UNs by doing this. Most UNs come in 1000mcg potencies unless otherwise noted on the site. So sprays would be about 2/3s as potent (as it's 2/3 spray and 1/3 oil) and oils 1/3 (as they will be 1/3 UN phero to 2/3 everything else).

1/3 potency (.333mcg) is what Love Potion uses in most of their fragranced phero blends. I have not had any of them work less effectively!

Now: DOSING

With rare exception, there are 1000mcg of Pheromones in an unscented blend and when we're looking at a 1oz spray bottle, Love Potion says you can get approx 200 sprays out of it.
SO that's 5mcg per spray (1000mcg/200) and 4 sprays is an average for many, so that's appox 20mcg per "dose" and that's a goodly dose I dare say.

Love Potion rollers come in 10ml bottles.

Now, how does that translate to a 10ml roller bottle? How much would we need to use to get that 20mcg dose?

The drop is standardized in the metric system to equal exactly 0.05 milliliters. That's 200 drops in 10mls of oil. That would make each drop about 5mcgs (1000mcg/200) and you would need about 4 drops to get that 20mcg dose.

NOW I broke out a dropper, yes, I broke down and did it. 4 drops is a CRAZY amount YO! A 5 inch strip from the roller bottle is WAY less than A drop! 4 drops totally coats my wrists and forearms - approx. 5inches by 2inches times 4! No wonder I've never OD'd, lol Now, eyeballing the roll on, knowing how much 4 drops is, I'd bet you could use up to 8 - YES 8 - 5 inch strips in various places and get CRAZY results. So I'm thinking 1/2 drop to each 5inch strip from a roller bottle.

Another really good question that was asked was this:

Question:
Do you think that simpler Pheromones with 2 ingredients or less hit less hard? Like is it better to layer?

Answer:
Neither.
It's not a matter of less of a hit or that layering is better. They all work just as they were intended.

With just 2 Pheromones it IS easier to gauge reaction because you are only gauging reaction to two things (ie Cuddle Bunny: Est & cops only = cuddly, feminine girlie, sweet lubbins) as apposed to how to gauge the reaction to something more complex (ie Gotcha!: Beta-AndrostAnol, Estratetraenol, Alpha-Androstenol, Beta-Androstenol, DHEAS, Alpha-THDOC, Allo-pregnanolone & Copulins)

BUUUUUUT

Once you figure out how people react to a particular blend, you can enhance that blend, say Gatcha!, by pairing something like CB (Est & cops) to add a little more girly, flirty, lubbins OR maybe Lace (A-nol & Est) to give it a girly flirty fun vibe

Happy experimenting all! Big Grin

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
03-22-2013 10:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by La Fin, halo0073, Honeycake, zerosix85, Six, Isis, PhoenixOnFyre119, Akelah, CamillaVox, whatupbrah, Mars82, Ashley

Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 697
Thanks received:
1123 thanks in 700 posts

RE: Creating scented phero sprays & average dosing
03-23-2013 3:28 PM

Are there any noticeable differences in smell using the DIY method vs having Love Potion scent your Pheromones?

I mean would something like sexpionage be hard to cover via DIY?

Androtics: Instant Sexiness B & MX426
03-23-2013 3:28 PM
Thanks given by NuTrix
Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1123 thanks in 700 posts

03-23-2013 3:45 PM

Ok I think I am getting sexually aroused! Shok

Yes, reading this fabulous list of fabulous information is totally making me have experiences in both my mind and body that I just have never felt before....

I just reread everything that you wrote- are you saying that 1/3 unscented phero oil+ 1/3 perfumer's alcohol + filling the rest of the one ounce bottle with a trail vial of fragrance is a way to make your own spray???

Smoke

If this is true and works then I have options that I never considered before! I kept redoing my list and redoing it etc...I may not have to cut down my list now! Wow!

03-23-2013 3:45 PM
Thanks given by NuTrix
Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1123 thanks in 700 posts

03-23-2013 7:35 PM

Ok, can this work as effectively with the trial vials themselves to make a perfume spray- to extend the vial? My dilemma is that I have 23 thousand perfumes I want to try, but a limited number of mones I can to pair them with... I am just so excited. I hope I am making sense!

03-23-2013 7:35 PM
Thanks given by NuTrix
Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1123 thanks in 700 posts

03-24-2013 9:46 AM

Ok I reread and I think I answered most of my questions.

So all uns whether in oil or spray are 1000mcg.

Now when you are buying the perfumes to mix into the spray you are making -you would need to pretty much need to buy a full botttle of the fragrance?

Is there a preference for plastic bottles or glass and does it matter?

03-24-2013 9:46 AM
Thanks given by NuTrix

LL21
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 893
Thanks received:
1065 thanks in 453 posts

03-24-2013 10:43 AM

Hey Honeycake, 20 Franc posted this. Double checking your sources wouldn't hurt.

(03-23-2013 3:46 PM)20 Franc Wrote:  Yes, I find the dropper useless with alcohol based concentrate like this.
I have also removed the roller top on my silicone based oils from Lovepotion and dab those on the same way.

By the way, I was just informed that Lovepotion has been giving wrong info about the pheromone content in their products. They used to say the content was 1000 mcg per unscented bottle, it has actually been 3500 mcg all the time.

Fear is the greatest obstacle to learning but fear is your best friend. Fear is like fire, if you learn to control it, you let it work for you: it can warm you in the winter, give you light when you are in the dark, and produce energy. If you don’t control it, it’ll destroy you and everything around you.You must understand Fear so you can manipulate it, because if you don’t you won’t be able to achieve your objective or save your life. - Cus D'Amato (The trainer that made Mike Tyson a Champion)
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013 10:44 AM by LL21.)
03-24-2013 10:43 AM
Thanks given by Honeycake, NuTrix
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1632
Thanks received:
3360 thanks in 1531 posts

03-24-2013 1:04 PM

(03-23-2013 3:45 PM)Honeycake Wrote:  Ok I think I am getting sexually aroused! Shok

Yes, reading this fabulous list of fabulous information is totally making me have experiences in both my mind and body that I just have never felt before....

I just reread everything that you wrote- are you saying that 1/3 unscented phero oil+ 1/3 perfumer's alcohol + filling the rest of the one ounce bottle with a trail vial of fragrance is a way to make your own spray???

Smoke

If this is true and works then I have options that I never considered before! I kept redoing my list and redoing it etc...I may not have to cut down my list now! Wow!

Yes but they will be nowhere near as scented as a boosted bottle from Love Potion. Does that make sense?
03-24-2013 1:04 PM
Thanks given by NuTrix
Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1123 thanks in 700 posts

03-24-2013 5:28 PM

Ok, so this means that they are actually more potent than stated on the website?

(03-24-2013 10:43 AM)LL21 Wrote:  Hey Honeycake, 20 Franc posted this. Double checking your sources wouldn't hurt.

03-24-2013 5:28 PM
Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1123 thanks in 700 posts

03-24-2013 5:32 PM

Hi Halo,

I am curious as to what the difference would be and why? Would it not be enough to cover the mones?

(03-24-2013 1:04 PM)halo0073 Wrote:  Yes but they will be nowhere near as scented as a boosted bottle from Love Potion. Does that make sense?

03-24-2013 5:32 PM

Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1123 thanks in 700 posts

03-24-2013 5:44 PM

Ok now I am wondering/trying to calculate how practical this would be money wise - DIY vs LPMP.

03-24-2013 5:44 PM
Thanks given by NuTrix

Share This Thread