Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Creating scented phero sprays & average dosing
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3534
Thanks received:
2890 thanks in 1464 posts

RE: Creating scented phero sprays & average dosing
03-24-2013 9:51 PM

(03-24-2013 10:43 AM)LL21 Wrote:  Hey Honeycake, 20 Franc posted this. Double checking your sources wouldn't hurt.
I went to the thread to ask where the numbers he got came from...
Thanks for posting that!

If that is correct, then people are still using 3-4 sprays as an average and 4 sprays/drops would be 70mcgs (17.5mcgs per spray/drop at 3500mcgs/200sprays/drops)

(03-23-2013 3:28 PM)Honeycake Wrote:  Are there any noticeable differences in smell using the DIY method vs having Love Potion scent your Pheromones?

I mean would something like sexpionage be hard to cover via DIY?

I've never gotten any directly from Love Potion, I've always been a DIYer...

Love Potion can take a full fragrance and add the full potency of the pheromone blend right to it, no dilution of the scent or phero blend. If you decide to DIY, you could also get a perfume from Love Potion phero'd and see for yourself what the difference is. The only time I had a perfume stay completely true was when I added 1/3 fragrance oil to 2/3 UN spray or just took a trial vial and added 2/3 perfumer's alcohol. It's like halo said, you can get the VERY best of both worlds straight from Love Potion. What I'm doing ultimately dilutes either the fragrance or the phero but I've been very happy with the results thus far.

Any scent that can cover cops can cover Sexpionage Big Grin

(03-23-2013 3:28 PM)Honeycake Wrote:  I just reread everything that you wrote- are you saying that 1/3 unscented phero oil+ 1/3 perfumer's alcohol + filling the rest of the one ounce bottle with a trail vial of fragrance is a way to make your own spray???

Not quite, it may be to oily to spray at 2/3 oil. If you put 1/3 UN, then fill to 1/2 way with scent, that's HALF the container in oil. Then top (the other half) with perfumer's alcohol. 50% oil, 50% alcohol Smile

I have used the trial vials to make sprays. Some of the trial vials are 1.5mls and some are 1.75 but I follow the 50/50 oil to alcohol idea as above (or close, you can experiment with more oil, once the spritz is more of a dribble then there's probably too much oil to alcohol, lol)

(03-23-2013 3:28 PM)Honeycake Wrote:  So all uns whether in oil or spray are 1000mcg.

See first answer to LL12...still checking on that one!

There are also different "strengths" x1, x2 & x3, but you can only go above x1 if you buy the spray....halo correct me if I'm mistaken Smile

(03-23-2013 3:28 PM)Honeycake Wrote:  Now when you are buying the perfumes to mix into the spray you are making -you would need to pretty much need to buy a full botttle of the fragrance?

Is there a preference for plastic bottles or glass and does it matter?

You CAN use trial vials Big Grin My preference is glass but that's only because I know that plastic can hang onto oil scents and a little alcohol will clean that right out of a glass bottle. I don't see the harm in either. If you clean the bottle with a bit of alcohol prior to reuse, even if you faintly smell the previous product that should go away after a few sprays of your new mix Smile

(03-23-2013 3:28 PM)Honeycake Wrote:  Ok now I am wondering/trying to calculate how practical this would be money wise - DIY vs LPMP.

Perfumer's A - $20 for 16oz (and a ridiculous shipping cost of $12). Total - $32
Trial Vial - $5 (or fb fragrance $25-30 depending on phero'd or not)
UN - $40 for 10ml oil or 1oz spray (starting price at x1 strength)
5ml spray bottle - $1.50

IF you had a 1.5 ml trial vial and added 1ml of it to a 5ml bottle and put in 2ml of UN you could do that 5 times for
$72.50 and top all of the bottles off with P's A and still have a TON of P's A left (the bottle is still more than 3/4 full and I have dozens of sprays...told you I was a junkie)
You could dump and entire 1.5ml trial vial in and add 1ml UN and do that 10 times for $105.00...and still have that TON of P's A left LOL To use the UN 10 times would mean a more diluted phero but it seems to work fine (and I'm always layering the sprays with the UN oil most of the time anyway...)

You could have the lovely and talented Mara do this for you far more professionally, and I think the cost for the artisan's work is more than fair and will take ALL of the guess work out of it for you and what you will receive I am positive you will be delighted with!:
Love Potion perfume - $25
Add Phero - $30 (phero blend only)
Add cops - $5 (cops only)
Add both Phero blend & cops - $35

You could purchase 1 bottle of a phero'd and cop'd perfume starting at $60 at x1 phero strength for a 1oz spray or 1/3 oz oil.

The ones from Love Potion are a 1/3 oz bottle in oil or whole 1oz bottle of spray and the ones I'm making are only for 5ml sprays.

1oz would make 6 5ml sprays. The only thing I'm giving myself doing this is the freedom to use different scents by divvying up my UNs or by making my trial vials into sprays. (and, yes, I think making a trial into a spray does give them a longer life, imo)

I think that's everything? sideLol

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
03-24-2013 9:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by PhoenixOnFyre119, RussianWolf
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1632
Thanks received:
3352 thanks in 1529 posts

03-25-2013 8:30 AM

(03-24-2013 5:32 PM)Honeycake Wrote:  Hi Halo,

I am curious as to what the difference would be and why? Would it not be enough to cover the mones?

A boosted bottle has more perfume in it than a sample. If you use a sample it will be lightly scented.
03-25-2013 8:30 AM
Thanks given by NuTrix, Honeycake, PhoenixOnFyre119
alissa
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 105
Thanks received:
102 thanks in 49 posts

03-25-2013 8:40 AM

I was also thinking about make this kind of mix...If you have the unscented phero blend you could mix it with different scents as you desire...I would make some "to go" ones I find what works better for me....
03-25-2013 8:40 AM

NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-25-2013 10:10 AM

(03-24-2013 10:43 AM)LL21 Wrote:  Hey Honeycake, 20 Franc posted this. Double checking your sources wouldn't hurt.
(03-23-2013 3:46 PM)20 Franc Wrote:  By the way, I was just informed that Lovepotion has been giving wrong info about the pheromone content in their products. They used to say the content was 1000 mcg per unscented bottle, it has actually been 3500 mcg all the time.
(03-24-2013 9:51 PM)NuTrix Wrote:  I went to the thread to ask where the numbers he got came from...
Thanks for posting that!

If that is correct, then people are still using 3-4 sprays as an average and 4 sprays/drops would be 70mcgs (17.5mcgs per spray/drop at 3500mcgs/200sprays/drops)

(03-25-2013 5:50 AM)20 Franc Wrote:  Yes, I was asking for a double dose of Pheromones when ordering SS4M as I felt 1mg in a 10ml oil was weak.
She advised me to forget it, as they had found out a few weeks ago that the phero content was much stronger than they thought.

It had to do with Alpha Dream's bottles being much larger I think, and they use their concentrate.
So I guess some of Lovepotion's scented products could contain more too...? Cool

SO! There it is! Big Grin If that is correct, then sprays/drops would be 17.5mcgs per spray/drop (3500mcgs/200sprays/drops)

If this is the same for their phero enhanced fragrances, and they are 1/3 strength of the UNs, then there would be a whopping 1166mcgs per bottle at just shy of 6mcgs per spray/drop!

*SWOONS* drool

03-25-2013 10:10 AM
Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 689
Thanks received:
1106 thanks in 692 posts

03-26-2013 8:08 PM

Ok, this is a lot of information! I will have to slowly read it over again. I appreciate you putting it out there!

(03-24-2013 9:51 PM)NuTrix Wrote:  I went to the thread to ask where the numbers he got came from...
Thanks for posting that!

(03-23-2013 3:28 PM)Honeycake Wrote:  Are there any noticeable differences in smell using the DIY method vs having Love Potion scent your Pheromones?

I mean would something like sexpionage be hard to cover via DIY?

I've never gotten any directly from Love Potion, I've always been a DIYer...

Love Potion can take a full fragrance and add the full potency of the pheromone blend right to it, no dilution of the scent or phero blend. If you decide to DIY, you could also get a perfume from Love Potion phero'd and see for yourself what the difference is. The only time I had a perfume stay completely true was when I added 1/3 fragrance oil to 2/3 UN spray or just took a trial vial and added 2/3 perfumer's alcohol. It's like halo said, you can get the VERY best of both worlds straight from Love Potion. What I'm doing ultimately dilutes either the fragrance or the phero but I've been very happy with the results thus far.

Any scent that can cover cops can cover Sexpionage Big Grin

(03-23-2013 3:28 PM)Honeycake Wrote:  I just reread everything that you wrote- are you saying that 1/3 unscented phero oil+ 1/3 perfumer's alcohol + filling the rest of the one ounce bottle with a trail vial of fragrance is a way to make your own spray???

Not quite, it may be to oily to spray at 2/3 oil. If you put 1/3 UN, then fill to 1/2 way with scent, that's HALF the container in oil. Then top (the other half) with perfumer's alcohol. 50% oil, 50% alcohol Smile

I have used the trial vials to make sprays. Some of the trial vials are 1.5mls and some are 1.75 but I follow the 50/50 oil to alcohol idea as above (or close, you can experiment with more oil, once the spritz is more of a dribble then there's probably too much oil to alcohol, lol)

See first answer to LL12...still checking on that one!

There are also different "strengths" x1, x2 & x3, but you can only go above x1 if you buy the spray....halo correct me if I'm mistaken Smile

(03-23-2013 3:28 PM)Honeycake Wrote:  Now when you are buying the perfumes to mix into the spray you are making -you would need to pretty much need to buy a full botttle of the fragrance?

Is there a preference for plastic bottles or glass and does it matter?

You CAN use trial vials Big Grin My preference is glass but that's only because I know that plastic can hang onto oil scents and a little alcohol will clean that right out of a glass bottle. I don't see the harm in either. If you clean the bottle with a bit of alcohol prior to reuse, even if you faintly smell the previous product that should go away after a few sprays of your new mix Smile

(03-23-2013 3:28 PM)Honeycake Wrote:  Ok now I am wondering/trying to calculate how practical this would be money wise - DIY vs LPMP.

Perfumer's A - $20 for 16oz (and a ridiculous shipping cost of $12). Total - $32
Trial Vial - $5 (or fb fragrance $25-30 depending on phero'd or not)
UN - $40 for 10ml oil or 1oz spray (starting price at x1 strength)
5ml spray bottle - $1.50

IF you had a 1.5 ml trial vial and added 1ml of it to a 5ml bottle and put in 2ml of UN you could do that 5 times for
$72.50 and top all of the bottles off with P's A and still have a TON of P's A left (the bottle is still more than 3/4 full and I have dozens of sprays...told you I was a junkie)
You could dump and entire 1.5ml trial vial in and add 1ml UN and do that 10 times for $105.00...and still have that TON of P's A left LOL To use the UN 10 times would mean a more diluted phero but it seems to work fine (and I'm always layering the sprays with the UN oil most of the time anyway...)

You could have the lovely and talented Mara do this for you far more professionally, and I think the cost for the artisan's work is more than fair and will take ALL of the guess work out of it for you and what you will receive I am positive you will be delighted with!:
Love Potion perfume - $25
Add Phero - $30 (phero blend only)
Add cops - $5 (cops only)
Add both Phero blend & cops - $35

You could purchase 1 bottle of a phero'd and cop'd perfume starting at $60 at x1 phero strength for a 1oz spray or 1/3 oz oil.

The ones from Love Potion are a 1/3 oz bottle in oil or whole 1oz bottle of spray and the ones I'm making are only for 5ml sprays.

1oz would make 6 5ml sprays. The only thing I'm giving myself doing this is the freedom to use different scents by divvying up my UNs or by making my trial vials into sprays. (and, yes, I think making a trial into a spray does give them a longer life, imo)

I think that's everything? sideLol

Androtics: Instant Sexiness B & MX426
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013 8:10 PM by Honeycake.)
03-26-2013 8:08 PM
Thanks given by NuTrix
Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 689
Thanks received:
1106 thanks in 692 posts

03-26-2013 8:46 PM

Thanks Halo!

Good explanation. It does make sense. Smile

(03-25-2013 8:30 AM)halo0073 Wrote:  A boosted bottle has more perfume in it than a sample. If you use a sample it will be lightly scented.

Androtics: Instant Sexiness B & MX426
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013 8:47 PM by Honeycake.)
03-26-2013 8:46 PM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-28-2013 9:20 PM

K. HUGE Love Potion update!
OK...huge to some...
I know that some are huge into mcgs and amounts of Pheromones per bottle and all that jazz.

I just found out from the amazing Mara at Love Potion that a goodly sum of the products are indeed 1000mcgs per x1 strength. but that there are some that vary, like the afore mentioned 3500mcgs.

SO I would like to say:

Love Potion products have worked R.E.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S.L.Y. well for me and for many, MANY others, so, regardless of what the mcgs are per spray/drop, it is still easy enough to figure out your dose. There are the same amount of sprays in a 1oz bottle as there are drops from a 10ml roller bottle (200). SO. If 4 sprays is your sweet spot, then 4 drops will do the same from a roller. If it's 6 sprays, then 6 drops is your goal. 2 sprays? Yup - 2 drops. So don't let the mcgs be a stumbling block to you.

Go! Play! Experiment and HAVE FUN!

Happy Hunting! Big Grin

03-28-2013 9:20 PM
Thanks given by Six, RussianWolf

RussianWolf
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 514
Thanks received:
310 thanks in 192 posts

07-21-2014 1:50 PM

First of all I love what you're doing... and Secondly, that you're sharing it with us. One of the big reasons why I went to Love Potion in the first place was to scent the unscented mones.

Appreciate you doing the heavy footwork Smile Saves me some peace of mind and a lighter wallet. And enjoying the journey as you journal your experiences

Good stuff!!
07-21-2014 1:50 PM
Thanks given by NuTrix

Share This Thread