Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Censorship by an American company?
Paradox
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 132
Thanks received:
968 thanks in 345 posts

Censorship by an American company?
10-22-2015 11:44 AM

So...I'm not sure what is happening with my Androtics account. I am having trouble pulling up the site. I can't really post. I tried on 3 different computers and I get the same message "Server too busy".

If I log out of the Androtics forum the site pops up with no problem.

I also do not see my name on the member list anymore. I wonder if I have been banned.

In general, censorship in the United States, which involves the suppression of speech or other public communication, raises issues of freedom of speech, which is constitutionally protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

So what did I do to get banned? Talked about the A314 label switching? Androtics admits it switched labels. Talked about how expensive A314 is? A314 is $11 per ml and Creed Adventus is $4 per ml.

So for posting the truth I get banned? For posting here on Pherotruth I get banned?
10-22-2015 11:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1591
Thanks received:
4031 thanks in 1698 posts

RE: Censorship by an American company?
10-22-2015 11:49 AM

I guess you must have missed THIS THREAD

Stop striving for PERFECTION, because the closer you get to achieving it the further away the goalpost moves. Instead, concentrate on PROGRESS, because you that you can meet and surpass every day!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
10-22-2015 11:49 AM
ShadowX114
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 38
Thanks received:
137 thanks in 85 posts

10-22-2015 12:06 PM

Yesterday I saw a post of yours and I don't remember seeing "Banned" under your name. Unless if they have a way to restrict your account without the banned label. Yet, going into so much trouble for them to do that with many members ....isn't it easier to just re-build their brand? It's as if instead of trying to re-build their brand, which is dying, they are going with the downfall flow by censoring. There will be a time when they can't hide what's written on the wall.

Journal ->: HERE

Current Stash

Alpha Dream: Glace, Corpo (all unscented), AM in Black spice
Androtics: TAC (20mcg/akuto scent), P74 (5mcg), P75 (2.5mcg), P83 (20mcg), P96 (20mch)
Apex: Core (Fury Scent)
LAL: AV, Max T, OD Gel, Wolf,
Pheromone XS: Bliss, Evolve Oil, Cohesion, Connections
Other: Pherlure, Impi Red
10-22-2015 12:06 PM
Paradox
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
968 thanks in 345 posts

10-22-2015 12:20 PM

(10-22-2015 11:49 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  I guess you must have missed THIS THREAD

I saw the whole thread. I didn't want to join in because It's easy to pick on people's and companies faults. Androtics has faults, Hax has faults Pheromone XS has faults...ect. I could write a paragraph about the faults of each. In fact I do exactly that every December. It's constructive criticism meant to help and not harm.

So I could have jumped in but faults abound within us and also with them.

Censorship was a sword used by the Nazi propaganda machine. Censorship in America is not practiced for several reasons. The first and foremost being freedom and the promotion thereof.

If every time a man and his spouse did not see eye to eye and he shut his wife up then she could not express what she thought was a relationship issue. If there is no communication then there is no progress.

I received no notice, no warning...nothing. No communication.

I'm not sure who is in charge there now but whoever it is, they seem to me to be making poor decisions.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2015 12:23 PM by Paradox.)
10-22-2015 12:20 PM
Spider-mone
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 79
Thanks received:
200 thanks in 99 posts

10-22-2015 12:52 PM

there is nothing wrong with banning users. People are banned from forums all the time. The only thing is you should have been given a warning at least.

You are free to say what you want but people are also free to react how they want. Go into any bar and start complaining to the other customers how the drinks are too expensive and see how long it takes for the owner to ask you to leave. Even though you have the freedom to say what you want, no matter how controversial, there will always be consequences
10-22-2015 12:52 PM

Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1348
Thanks received:
1197 thanks in 746 posts

10-22-2015 12:57 PM

This is exactly how they ban you there. Androtics and PXS seem to love censoring anyone with negative views on their products or business practices, however accurate those views may be. This will be the downfall of both in time.
10-22-2015 12:57 PM
Spider-mone
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 79
Thanks received:
200 thanks in 99 posts

10-22-2015 1:09 PM

(10-22-2015 12:57 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  This is exactly how they ban you there. Androtics and PXS seem to love censoring anyone with negative views on their products or business practices, however accurate those views may be. This will be the downfall of both in time.

People need to stop buying from them if this is how they conduct business. The market itself needs to show these companies that we wont tolerate this kind of behavior. Problem is people keep buying their products.
10-22-2015 1:09 PM
Thanks given by SuperJoy
2000GT
Formerly Photogeek

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 224
Thanks received:
214 thanks in 110 posts

10-22-2015 1:27 PM

(10-22-2015 12:57 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  This is exactly how they ban you there. Androtics and PXS seem to love censoring anyone with negative views on their products or business practices, however accurate those views may be. This will be the downfall of both in time.

No, DSX only has issues with people that try to actively or passively drive away business and customers from them. You're the only one in moderation. Other people post on there and aren't in moderation. It's different here since Mark is aiming to allow a neutral forum for many vendors and products. DSX is primarily to help drive PSX business, but it has no problem with people discussing other products. Sorry you feel that way but there are plenty of people that post on there that don't always agree with all of PSX products and they're not banned or in moderation.

Androtics, on the other hand, is trying to prevent anyone from hearing about other products because they can't afford to lose members that find out there are other, better products out there. Right now, they're entire cash flow is dependent on new people finding them that don't know any better, so they want to prevent anything other than positive reviews about their sub-par products. I once saw someone post a thread asking what the hell was wrong with them and why they watered down A314. They even suggested that a crowdfund be started to help Androtics re-build A314 to what it used to be. It was promptly deleted by them not ten minutes after I saw it.

@Paradox: I hear where you're coming from bro, but the Constitution is a protection of a citizen's rights from being intruded by the government. Private companies are at liberty to do what they want, within reason unless a gross violation has occurred. So, doing their passive banning on you, might seem unfair but it's their forum and they can do that if they want to, even if it's a sleazeball tactic. It's BS but I'm just saying, citing protection from the 1st Amendment doesn't apply in this case, I've seen similar situations happen at work in the past.

PXS: xs99, pse, impact, oddessy, connections, Impact, Ascend
LAL: Bad Wolf, Wolf,
Pheromone Treasures: Desi, TS (Sample)
10-22-2015 1:27 PM
Paradox
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
968 thanks in 345 posts

10-22-2015 1:38 PM

(10-22-2015 1:09 PM)Spider-mone Wrote:  People need to stop buying from them if this is how they conduct business. The market itself needs to show these companies that we wont tolerate this kind of behavior. Problem is people keep buying their products.

The harsh reality is that if it's not them then they don't care.

Kids were being killed all of the time by drunk drivers but it wasn't until Candace Lightner's 13-year-old daughter was killed by a drunk driver that Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) was founded. She founded it because drunk driving affected her. She was probably sympathetic but it wasn't until it touched her life that the organization was formed.
10-22-2015 1:38 PM

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1591
Thanks received:
4031 thanks in 1698 posts

10-22-2015 1:41 PM

They've been censoring forever! Even when I was active on their forum back in like 2006 and 2007 there were the unmentionable companies and names, which I believe started with Love Potion and Mara, then Chris Shraud and Alpha Dream. When veteran members started leaving in droves and I stopped posting over there then started this forum, PheroTruth quickly became another of the unmentionables and Gegogi was censored and chastised for just casually mentioning this forum, to which he responded by posting a thread here Titled "Pherotruth.com is on the AD Blacklist" and for a couple of years it remained the most viewed thread on the forum.

They do appear to have gotten more sneaky in how they go about censoring and shutting down members, but is anybody really all that surprised by anything they do to keep their little fantasy world alive and thriving?

Stop striving for PERFECTION, because the closer you get to achieving it the further away the goalpost moves. Instead, concentrate on PROGRESS, because you that you can meet and surpass every day!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
10-22-2015 1:41 PM
Thanks given by 2000GT, BeautifulEnigma, Ekscentra

Share This Thread