Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Censorship by an American company?
Ekscentra

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1129
Thanks received:
1054 thanks in 662 posts

RE: Censorship by an American company?
10-22-2015 2:35 PM

Didn't it start with True Pheromones? I wasn't sure if LPMP and Alpha Dream still produced pheromones back then. Then again, there wouldn't exactly have been anywhere to discuss their products.

@2000GT

Yes, I do believe I've been treated that way. I gave my honest view on all PXS products I've tested, and the fact is, most of them just don't work for me. It's only natural that I'd redirect members to other vendors - I was banned at PTalk for the same reason I was put under moderation on DXS. Other than Androtics being more sneaky about it, I don't draw any lines.

It suspect it's the Alpha-THDOC that's causing so much inconsistency from one tester to another. I'd suggest taking a look at this. I'm not going to mention my other thoughts on improving your mixes, but if I'm right about this, you should see drastic improvements in consistency within reports. Remove the Alpha-THDOC from one of the beta testing blends and find someone who reported no effects. As you know, there are quite a few of these.
10-22-2015 2:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spider-mone
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 51
Thanks received:
93 thanks in 46 posts

10-22-2015 2:56 PM

(10-22-2015 2:35 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  I gave my honest view on all PXS products I've tested, and the fact is, most of them just don't work for me. It's only natural that I'd redirect members to other vendors

Just playing devil's advocate but what happened to the theory that everyone has their own body chemistry, what might not work for one person may work for another? There are a lot of products that many people claim don't do anything for them and others who claim they get results from those same products. Is it fair to redirect potential customers based on one person's results when we're always talking about body chemistry and everyone must do their own testing etc etc?
10-22-2015 2:56 PM
Thanks given by 2000GT
2000GT
Formerly Photogeek

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 195
Thanks received:
164 thanks in 82 posts

10-22-2015 3:03 PM

Na, AD has been doing this almost from the get go. they're very worried about losing customers, always have been. I remember hearing about Mark's banning and back then, if you mentioned anything, ANYTHING other than AD or Love Scent's products, you got the boot.

Ekscentra: I won't get into a debate with you, but as I mentioned before, I saw you making an erroneous assumption again and felt the need to clarify it. You were placed in moderation because Steve and I agreed your approach to discussions felt more like subtle attempts to move people away from PSX. I've seen you do that here as well but hey, you're free to do that here. As for your suggestions, I think Steve still visits this forum on occasion so I'm sure he'll see your suggestions at some point. I don't work for PSX and don't get paid by them. I don't even speak to Steve that often, he's busy, so am I. I still have to pay for the products I use and volunteer my time for moderating the forum. Done that before on other forums (not pheromone related) in the past. Probably should start charging to be fair but *shrugs* Anyway, I've said my piece regarding PSX.

PXS: xs99, pse, impact, oddessy, connections, Impact, Ascend
LAL: Bad Wolf, Wolf,
Pheromone Treasures: Desi, TS (Sample)
10-22-2015 3:03 PM

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1054 thanks in 662 posts

10-22-2015 3:07 PM

(10-22-2015 2:56 PM)Spider-mone Wrote:  Just playing devil's advocate but what happened to the theory that everyone has their own body chemistry, what might not work for one person may work for another? There are a lot of products that many people claim don't do anything for them and others who claim they get results from those same products. Is it fair to redirect potential customers based on one person's results when we're always talking about body chemistry and everyone must do their own testing etc etc?
Interestingly enough, the only link between all these products offering inconsistent results is Alpha-THDOC. PXS is notorious for using A-THDOC, and Apex uses it as well. Other major vendors are not known to use this molecule. CV4 has had some especially inconsistent results, and even I'm experiencing it at this point. The same thing happened to me with CORE.

And no, I don't think the body chemistry argument is enough to override my own recommendations. Most users want a product that's likely to work well for them. Assuming my hypothesis is correct, products containing A-THDOC would be shaky recommendations. Consistency is arguably the most important aspect of a mix.
10-22-2015 3:07 PM
Spider-mone
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 51
Thanks received:
93 thanks in 46 posts

10-22-2015 3:13 PM

(10-22-2015 3:07 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  And no, I don't think the body chemistry argument is enough to override my own recommendations.

you claim xist does nothing for you and yet many people claim they are happy with the results they are getting with xist. so basically what you're saying is any new users shouldn't buy xist because it doesn't work for you. i fail to see the logic.
10-22-2015 3:13 PM
Thanks given by 2000GT
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1554
Thanks received:
3950 thanks in 1673 posts

10-22-2015 3:27 PM

(10-22-2015 2:35 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  Didn't it start with True Pheromones? I wasn't sure if LPMP and Alpha Dream still produced pheromones back then. Then again, there wouldn't exactly have been anywhere to discuss their products.

Nope, I'd left ptak and started this forum well over a year before True Pheromones started in late 2010.

Stop striving for PERFECTION, because the closer you get to achieving it the further away the goalpost moves. Instead, concentrate on PROGRESS, because you that you can meet and surpass every day!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
10-22-2015 3:27 PM
2000GT
Formerly Photogeek

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 195
Thanks received:
164 thanks in 82 posts

10-22-2015 3:41 PM

(10-22-2015 3:13 PM)Spider-mone Wrote:  you claim xist does nothing for you and yet many people claim they are happy with the results they are getting with xist. so basically what you're saying is any new users shouldn't buy xist because it doesn't work for you. i fail to see the logic.

Probably a better way he could have phrased it is something like, "it doesn't work for me, based on my body chem. But since everyone's body chem is different, it might work for you." Not, a broad, generalized statement. Playing Devil's advocate here, but Xist doesn't quite work for me either, neither does PSE. One thing we can agree on is while the science of Pheromones is pretty precise (composition of mixes and molecule interactions), the one inconsistent variable is how said mixes work for users who have different body chem. It's been a foregone conclusion for years now that what works for one person, may not for another and not just in Pheromones but pretty much anything that interacts with human physiology. Hell, I've seen it with androtics back when their products were more consistent.

PXS: xs99, pse, impact, oddessy, connections, Impact, Ascend
LAL: Bad Wolf, Wolf,
Pheromone Treasures: Desi, TS (Sample)
10-22-2015 3:41 PM

Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 75
Thanks received:
137 thanks in 68 posts

10-22-2015 3:44 PM

I think censorship is pretty much inevitable if you try to combine a business interest with a discussion forum in a competitive marketplace. At some point the owner will be tempted to act against users who, rightly or wrongly, start saying things that could lead to reduced sales. They'll act on that temptation to different degrees, but it will always be there.

It's a brave owner who'll let posters advise people, on their own forum, to go and buy something elsewhere.

This is why there has always been a need for an independent forum like PheroTruth where you are free to say both what has and what has not worked for you. I'm extremely glad this place exists and, indeed, wish that it had existed for a lot longer!
10-22-2015 3:44 PM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1054 thanks in 662 posts

10-22-2015 3:46 PM

(10-22-2015 3:13 PM)Spider-mone Wrote:  you claim xist does nothing for you and yet many people claim they are happy with the results they are getting with xist. so basically what you're saying is any new users shouldn't buy xist because it doesn't work for you. i fail to see the logic.
And how can I go outside what works for me? This is the only information I can give anyone. If we go strictly on other people's experiences in recommending products, this forum,would be completely worthless.

If a product does next to nothing for me, there's something seriously wrong. Not once have I experienced nothing from an LAL product. Not once have I experienced nothing from a HAX product. Rarely have I experienced nothing with other vendors.

With PXS, on the other hand, I've had zero effects with the vast majority of products I've tried. PSE does nothing. XiSt does nothing. APi does nothing. Pherobomb does nothing. Loveboat does nothing. Are they scamming me? I doubt it, since others have had good experiences. Are they incapable of making decent mixes on a consistent basis? Possibly, but others have had great experiences with this vendor. I'm hoping I'm right in that a single component is cancelling out the entire mix or drastically weakening the effects for certain users.

As it stands, I have no good reason ever to recommend PXS over vendors that have worked for me. I hope you can understand this reasoning.

Anyways, we're getting off-topic. If you'd like to discuss this further, take it to PM.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2015 3:46 PM by Ekscentra.)
10-22-2015 3:46 PM
Paradox
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 112
Thanks received:
816 thanks in 286 posts

10-22-2015 5:22 PM

To be honest PXS products work for me and so do Androtics products. The products at Androtics like Instant Honesty and Instant Shine work just as they say in their description.

My biggest protest with the way that they do business is the way in which they handle the A314 crisis.

A314 went out of stock for months with no announcement as to when it would be back in stock. My fault?

When it did come back into stock they found that there was a problem with the batch. My fault?

They released 2 different versions of A314. Royale and Naturalle.

Upon initial testing many if not all buyers were not happy with Royale. This is well documented. My fault?

There is some sort of label switch where some A314 bottles were somehow labeled V32. My fault?

I removed A314 from my top 5 list for various reasons (some listed above) and several days later I can't post on the Androtics forum.

I was on the Androtics forum for 5 years (since 2010) and 3 days ago I was just cut off.

I Moderated for a site that is more than twice the size of the Androtics forum. We didn't go around to smaller sites and compare user names and read posts and report back to the Admin.

Like you GT2000 I didn't get paid either and really the only thing I got out of it was 10 years of Moderating experience and the fact I can talk about moderating today as an authority, as someone with a decade of experience...

Running a public forum as I've said before is a difficult task at best. Banning people because they belong to another forum or because their opinion differs from yours is just plain wrong.

I can not even count the number of times that I've broken up fights between posters who have had differences of opinions about pick up styles, clothing styles, techniques, venues, colognes...

Discussion on the forum was welcome no matter how lengthy the debate as long as it was civil. That's the American way.

Censorship is not an American tradition and should not be condoned.

Even after being booted, I have no ill feelings towards Androtics. I wish them well. This embrace of the darkness though is well...disturbing.
10-22-2015 5:22 PM
Thanks given by Ekscentra, SuperJoy, 2000GT

Share This Thread