Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Axe as a cover scent
bluep51
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
5 thanks in 2 posts

Axe as a cover scent
09-07-2012 12:00 AM

You guys have any idea if Axe bodyspray would be a good cover scent, or if it is too strong? I will be using it with Alfa Maschio.
09-07-2012 12:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

2Soon2Care
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks received:
564 thanks in 311 posts

RE: Axe as a cover scent
09-07-2012 12:37 AM

Lord please don't use that stuff, get something much more distinctive so you will stand out from the crowd! If you smell like everyone else then standing in a group or near someone will allow them to "steal" your pherocloud and folks will think they are the one sending the sexytime signals!

Once you dive into scents you may realize how single-dimensional the stuff like Axe is - some do smell nice, but 20 minute visit at a department store cologne counter or Sephora store will give your sniffer a trip down the rabbit hole and you won't look back on Axe and other eye-level items on store shelves (they are at eye level for a reason!).

If you really want a quick cheap pickup on an easily obtainable commercial scent from Axe, the Kilo scent is the only one I've seen mentioned on the forums. Some products were blended with the Axe Kilo scent as an scent package option, can't recall which vendor did that.

Check the forum on scents, get something appropriate for your age, style, and season - the scent is very important, as you not only make a pheromonal signature impression, but your cover scent should be highly personal and congruent with who you are/want to be. If you can find something that gets you complements on how nice you smell even when you aren't wearing pheromones, then you know that with some solid game, nice appearance, proper body language, and strong conversational skills, you have more than half the battle won! The mones will simply add an extra dimension to the impression you make and give you the chemosensory tools to have more control of that impression and steer the interactions.

See here: http://pherotruth.com/Forum-Perfumes-Col...Fragrances

Check the listings of colognes posted in the scent forum, a number of them are easily found at Walmart, Walgreens, etc in smaller sizes. Ulta has a good cologne section with tons of testers. Some of the more rare and high-end ones will be internet orders. Most decent colognes will smell different from the tester strip compared to on your skin, so spray one on and wear it around for 20-30 minutes to see how it changes. I like the Sephora store and the department stores and the fragrance stores in the malls for this - sniff until you find one you like, spray it on, go shopping/cruising, ask some pretty girls what they think, wipe it off with an alcohol wipe and repeat. One spray on the wrist and rub your wrists together should be enough to see what it will do because some of them like Drakkar Noir are nose-scorchingly strong and you'll probably cry if you spray 3 times on yourself.

I typically do one spray rubbed between the wrists and one on my chest, sometimes I'll rub my wrists across my gills as well to accent the mones if I've put them around my throat.

Have fun, and enjoy pulling all the fun pieces of this evolution of self together, these forums are rich with knowledge and great folks!

-2Soon2Care

Fun Kit
Alpha Dream - L2K, Fast Burn & Slow Burn Glace, Alfa Maschio, Androstadienone, Pregnenolone
Luv Essentials - MAG, Aware
HAX - Wingman Element X, Wingman Element 9+O
True Pheromones - True Alpha oil, True Instinct oil, True Love, The Gilroy patches
Homebrew - D3, Pregnenolone, 7-Keto DHEA
09-07-2012 12:37 AM
Thanks given by renny, Six, ZB pmones, bored4life
Jolly Jumper
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 149
Thanks received:
307 thanks in 146 posts

09-07-2012 3:49 AM

I disagree. While I don't think Axe is a great choice, it doesn't wreck the Pheromones either. There's also little risk that someone else will be stealing the benefits by smelling the same no matter what cover scent you use.

I use cheap knock off oils as a cover. Started using them because I mostly use oil base mones and wanted to mix them with the scent before application. When I use alcohol based mones, I mostly use proper cologne too and I can say that it makes no difference when it comes to effectiveness.
Well, it's not that easy to say actually because I don't use the same mones in both cases. The cheap scents have worked better but that certainly must be because the oil based Pheromones I have are better than the alcohol ones.
09-07-2012 3:49 AM
Thanks given by ZB pmones
Blade
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 18
Thanks received:
97 thanks in 44 posts

09-07-2012 11:56 AM

(09-07-2012 12:00 AM)bluep51 Wrote:  You guys have any idea if Axe bodyspray would be a good cover scent, or if it is too strong? I will be using it with Alfa Maschio.

I would'nt use any body spray as a cover that's stuff got some crazy fixatives in it which will most likely hamper diffusion, I agree with 2soon the more expensive colognes seem to be way more effective then the cheap stuff, that's my experience anyway.
09-07-2012 11:56 AM
davidalove
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
5 thanks in 4 posts

09-07-2012 12:45 PM

And DONT go for a scent that may smell gorgeous but is "flavour of the month" or you will just smell like every other guy in the room,women will have smelt it a million times before.Go back 5,10,15 yrs and see what was the "in" fragrance.Chances are everyone will have moved on but you will smell fantastic and women will love it.Some scents along with some mones are classic and timeless
09-07-2012 12:45 PM

Jolly Jumper
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
307 thanks in 146 posts

09-08-2012 6:11 AM

After my little deodorant experiment I agree that diffusion may be hindered by some of that stuff, but I don't think that would be the case with the likes of Axe. That shit has some projection and in my belief that's all the mones need. The scent has fuck all to do with it.
Of course a nice smell will always be a plus, as it would be if you weren't using mones, but I still don't see Axe as a big no no. I'd use it in a pinch.
09-08-2012 6:11 AM
Jolly Jumper
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
307 thanks in 146 posts

09-08-2012 6:58 AM

Yesterday I used MF'in Old Spice as a cover with New Pheromone Additive and some single molecules. Worked just fine. Of course there won't be many men in a crowd smelling of Old Spice in the year 2012, so obviously there was little risk of anyone getting confused about the origin of the mone cloud. Point is, you don't need to shell out a lot of cash on the cover scent.
09-08-2012 6:58 AM
2Soon2Care
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
564 thanks in 311 posts

09-08-2012 1:38 PM

True that JJ - spending a lot of money is defs not a requirement! A number of members use reproduction/replicated scents in oil or alcohol and compare them to the originals very favorably!

Theories about cover scent being a requirement for using mones have been put out there for quite awhile, and more and more I think that providing an olfactory bullseye for where the mones are coming from is the most important part of that theory - giving the target(s) a way to locate you!

Secondly, the scent gives an impression just as the mones do, so when a target locates you then your looks and actions should match the scent and mone impression you have delivered to the target - a 20-something smelling like a 60-year old won't at its best any more than a 40-something smelling like a teen, the signals don't match up in the target's perception filters.

Just like with overdosing on mones, when the mone signal is way out of whack in the proportions of pheromones or the strength, it creates an unbelievable signal and the target's perception filters turn you into a ghost, a false signal that gets ignored.

The same thing happens with scents since the sensory memory of scents reaches deep into the subconscious and long-term memory and is highly personal, a little different from the biochemical effects that pheromones cause, based a lot more on biology than memory as far as we know to date.

Something you enjoy wearing that puts you into the frame of mind that your pheromones support and match, and the options are endless on the scents.

Fun Kit
Alpha Dream - L2K, Fast Burn & Slow Burn Glace, Alfa Maschio, Androstadienone, Pregnenolone
True Pheromones - True Alpha oil, True Instinct oil, True Love, The Gilroy patches
09-08-2012 1:38 PM
Jolly Jumper
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
307 thanks in 146 posts

09-08-2012 3:14 PM

I'm probably a moron scent-wise because I can enjoy a cheap fragrance myself. If I were to be put through a blind test, I highly doubt I could distinguish a high end perfume from a cheap after shave.

There are limits, of course. Some of the really cheap shit smell plain bad and couldn't possibly be confused with really expensive perfume, but I'm no snob when it comes to this. I still like wearing more expensive colognes from a self effect perspective, I feel like a million bucks and the reason I use knock offs is the oil form. If the original colognes were available as oil, I'd buy it if the price were OK. The closest you get now is EdP with some brands but the cost usually is insane.
09-08-2012 3:14 PM

2Soon2Care
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
564 thanks in 311 posts

09-08-2012 10:49 PM

Yeah the scent houses sure are real proud of their colognes! At least it is no longer a luxury limited to royalty as it was when the industry began - we are bitching about the prices of stuff that a few hundred years ago we would have never been able to enjoy! Lol my how we are spoiled in our capacities for indulgence! I do love hearing good experiences with reproductions though, I don't have the sharpest sniffer myself either but I love letting my nose wander around a new scent and see what I wind up remembering about it and what impressions it makes.

Fun Kit
09-08-2012 10:49 PM
Thanks given by Jolly Jumper

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Blending cover scent with Wolf Mars82 4 288 08-12-2012 9:39 PM
Last Post: Mars82
  How big of a part does a cover scent play? kyle.357 20 1,442 08-08-2012 12:29 PM
Last Post: Wanghan
  Premix Glace + Cover Scent in a 5ml to go robbierobv 5 377 06-17-2012 5:29 PM
Last Post: wiserd
  Question about applying mones before cover scent Iceali 1 274 06-13-2012 10:58 PM
Last Post: bored4life
  Cover scent for Glace & Corpo meng123 5 544 03-25-2012 8:29 AM
Last Post: CanadianGuy45