Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are some pheromones placebos?
Don Juan DeMarco
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Are some pheromones placebos?
10-13-2018 12:59 PM

I have always wondered if some Pheromones are nothing more than what the wearer makes them out to be and everyone else that tries it all of a sudeen looks for those effects and makes themselves believe they get the same result.

I pondered this recently when I found 4 unused putatives P134, P130, P112 and MX335. With almost no data online regarding their intended purpose I started thinking that maybe someone is just mixing these mones around and hoping for any type of results. And they depend on testers to come up with something of an effect so that they can later sell it as such.
And that may be the reason they ask testers to review them blindly. usually everyone agrees with the first test subject review after what may have been an implanted suggestion as to what that putative or mone is suppose to do.
Just like sugar pills anyone could spray koolaid on their body thinking its the greatest confident buster on the market and somehow your mind makes you become a confident man.

Ever wondered that? or had totally opposite effects from a mone from what other reviewers have stated?
How much are the mones and how much is your mind?
10-13-2018 12:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blacky Chan

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Are some pheromones placebos?
10-13-2018 1:22 PM

IIRC tactics(rip) once said he posted fake reviews just to see if people would agree with his findings. For some people mones are definetly a confidence booster often times to the point their effects are overstated.
10-13-2018 1:22 PM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

10-13-2018 1:27 PM

(10-13-2018 12:59 PM)Don Juan DeMarco Wrote:  Ever wondered that? or had totally opposite effects from a mone from what other reviewers have stated?
How much are the mones and how much is your mind?

I have likewise been pondering this quite a bit.

Without any real data to back this up I opine that the following is true:

1. 1.Most of the pheromones from our beloved and trusted companies here are real; however due to variances in the mixing, our own body chemistries, and congruency of effects versus the wearer, effects vary from none at all of OMFG
  2. 2. Reputed and repeated ascertations of effects tend to create their own 'folklore' and do end up being effective. This is the trusism of anecdotal evidence and can be seen in many disciplines as well as magick
  3. 3.non believers will end up having no or negaivtive results due to their outlook overcoming any real effects
  4. 4. due to variances within ourselves from person to perons it is almost impossible to nail down a good quantification of is real and what us driving them

Some pheromones are known to be snake oil, some are known to have some effects, some are sledge hammers. I've been trying to poll everyone and ask questions from my onset into this hobby to separate the wheat from the chaff. While these questions have have given me much insight, I have yet be able to quantify things or even reach any sort of hypothesis that is anything other than educated conjecture.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
10-13-2018 1:27 PM
kocik2000
Serious Poster

Rep Post

10-13-2018 1:28 PM

I look for blatant and obvious effects imho . If I don't see something out of the ordinary and on consistent basis I give up on testing the mone. Perhaps it makes be a bad tester sometimes , but imho to me I don't want to be looking for something and start imagining things that are not there. This way I don't look for hits , they are either there or not .

Don't get me wrong , I read reports but always take it with a grain of salt until I test it myself and see how it vibes with me personally. Like gladen said , different ages , personalities and body chemistry all come into play . That's why you might see a variance in products different people prefer.

When I see someone having same products as me working well for then I start becoming interested what else they found to be best. Because to me that means that we might be similar in some things in life which would lead to similar satisfaction in certain products
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2018 1:31 PM by kocik2000.)
10-13-2018 1:28 PM

OptimistPrime
Leader of the Optobots

Rep Post

10-13-2018 1:35 PM

I think about this all the time to the point of it interfering with my testing.

The effects that others have reported compared to my own experience with products are so similar that I would think it's placebo, but a couple products are just so obviously working that it can't be placebo. Among these products are Instant Gentleman, Dirty Primitive, Grail Of Affection, Nude Alpha, Glace, and (still in early testing) The Love God.

Some products have either not worked as I expected or have worked to varying degrees when others I know have tried them. Instant Shine for example was highly regarded on Androtics forums as being a must-have or a product that every noob needs to believe. I saw nothing from it and began to doubt Pheromones as a whole. Before I gave up, I asked my friend if I seemed odd lately, and he said that I had a different vibe but he couldn't place why, so he just ignored it. Also with Ammo I noticed a little bit of attraction, but nothing as good as the reports. When I had a more popular friend wear it, he was literally throwing girls off of him.

Others are so inconsistent or weakly different that I still question whether they're actually even working. TAC for example *seems* to make my gf wetter, *seems* to make it harder for me to finish, and *seems* to make her ready for sex sooner. There have been numerous times of testing where that has not always been the case, and even if it were working properly it so far seems to not be worth my investment.

This would be a much easier hobby if life weren't littered with uncontrolled variables ;)
10-13-2018 1:35 PM
Don Juan DeMarco
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

10-13-2018 1:59 PM

Body chemistry does play a role.

There is a company that facilitates the use of pheromones by usage based on race. Pheromone treasures

I personaly get weak results from single mones with the exception of BW. Most other mones I have to blend into a mix to add socials, comfort, tunnel vision etc.

An example of a mone with a lot of hype but no results for me was Scent of Eros red bottle. I could never see any results with this product although it has good reviews.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2018 2:55 PM by Don Juan DeMarco.)
10-13-2018 1:59 PM
metaltree

Rep Post

10-14-2018 11:10 AM

(10-13-2018 12:59 PM)Don Juan DeMarco Wrote:  I have always wondered if some Pheromones are nothing more than what the wearer makes them out to be and everyone else that tries it all of a sudeen looks for those effects and makes themselves believe they get the same result.

I'm sure the placebo effect is at play as one factor of many. It's really hard to be scientific and all the pheromone forums are based on anecdotal accounts. Does't mean that pheromones don't work.

One factor to consider is self effects. If a particular product makes the wearer feel good, energized, or confident that can affect how other people respond to him. It can be hard to distinguish between effects on others generated by changes in internal state and the effects on others based on changes of perception generated from the pheromone molecules themselves. Then throw in the actual name of the product and this placebo effect could confuse this even more.

With that said I personally believe the effects are real. At the most basic level I believe pheromones change how the wearer is perceived by other people.
10-14-2018 11:10 AM
kocik2000
Serious Poster

Rep Post

10-14-2018 11:54 AM

(10-14-2018 11:10 AM)metaltree Wrote:  I'm sure the placebo effect is at play as one factor of many. It's really hard to be scientific and all the pheromone forums are based on anecdotal accounts. Does't mean that pheromones don't work.

One factor to consider is self effects. If a particular product makes the wearer feel good, energized, or confident that can affect how other people respond to him. It can be hard to distinguish between effects on others generated by changes in internal state and the effects on others based on changes of perception generated from the pheromone molecules themselves. Then throw in the actual name of the product and this placebo effect could confuse this even more.

With that said I personally believe the effects are real. At the most basic level I believe pheromones change how the wearer is perceived by other people.

Internal change = outer change . I like that and agree , as above as bellow. Repped
10-14-2018 11:54 AM

Hombre
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

11-02-2018 4:29 AM

haha yeah man mones are definetly a mind fuck.
the way our brain works makes it almost impossiable to test them if they dont have a very balant and consistnt effect.

having said it, some of them have a very balant and consistnt effect Clapping

for me, the mones that have strong self effects are the easiest like nude wolf or swoon.
after using it a few times you realize they significantly change your'e mood consistntly.
with swoon you can see it in the mirror, the serotonin boost makes your'e pupils dilate so there is no doubt about the effect.

with DP i dont get a noticeable enough mood change but i get better workouts in the gym and i get hits that ive never seen in my life. even taking into consideration that im looking for the responses from others now, the looks im getting i would have noticed before if ever happened, they are just wayyyyyyyy out of the normal.

and xist, oh my dear xist, when i was still doubting the effects of pheromones i had this amazing love potion reminding me that my life are about to take a big step up.

so yeah, if the effect are not very noticable i would say it a waste of time for you to keep testing it.
but some pheromones would give you undeniable results.
11-02-2018 4:29 AM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

11-02-2018 7:04 AM

There was a small experiment by Cialdini where he had a guy with jeans and a shirt jay walk across the street and no one followed him.

A few days later, the same guy had on a nice tailored suit at the same intersection did the same experiment and people followed him as he jay walked.

Cialdini’s conclusion: How you dress effects people’s perception of you to the point that if you dress like someone’s perception of a leader, they will follow you. That dressing the part raises the confidence of the person who dresses the part.

What I’ll add is that I believe that it will work for a time, but if the person does not remain congruent with that perceptin, then the belief and feeling will change.

And this is how I think of pheromones. They influence a feeling maybe a belief for a time and if the follow up doesn’t align, then the belief or feeling can change.

So is someone feeling confident about wearing something placebo? The same can be said of posture (Power Posing, etc). Is it placebo? Is using negative language toward someone and they blame it for their perceived depression, placebo?

No one can truly know that answer to answer your question. Stop wearing pheromones and see.
11-02-2018 7:04 AM

Share This Thread