Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Api suggestion thread
1Trajan
Princeps

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 239
Thanks received:
103 thanks in 71 posts

RE: Api suggestion thread
11-25-2015 7:18 PM

(11-25-2015 4:42 PM)2000GT Wrote:  hey guys. Passed along what's been suggested thus far to Steve. What I can say is it sounds like he's been tweaking with Ascend to give it more edge and will be shipping test versions. I think he might be starting with orders from this upcoming weekend, couldn't hear too clearly as he was driving when I spoke with him. All he said about this beta test version of Ascend: it was in your face, almost a bit too much but he's still tweaking it. So, keep an eye out for it. As far as Api goes, I didn't get a chance to touch on it too much with him yet.

Awesome, will keep on the lookout. Thanks GT
11-25-2015 7:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Inconceivablezen
Sol Invictus

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 285
Thanks received:
305 thanks in 163 posts

11-27-2015 2:22 AM

I think the older versions of A314 contain the same "fear-based" respect molecule as BW does. This is the quintessential difference between BW and the older A314 revs, and all other "alpha" products.
11-27-2015 2:22 AM
Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 129
Thanks received:
261 thanks in 108 posts

11-27-2015 7:23 AM

If there's one suggestion I've got regarding Ascend, it's to find a cleaner source of cops. The current Ascend has a powerful odor, and some people mention LAL's cops are a bit easier on the nose.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2015 6:49 PM by Ancillian.)
11-27-2015 7:23 AM
Thanks given by D_Darko

SmellBoy
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks received:
42 thanks in 17 posts

12-08-2015 2:35 PM

I'm afraid I'm not enough of an expert to suggest anything with regard to specific mones. I just know what I like and what works for me. I've been looking for--as I think many, many people have been--a replacement for my dearly beloved, now departed A314 Rev 32. For me, that was the ultimate product.

I'm currently using APi with Sultan's Oud scent and while I'm enjoying it, it certainly doesn't have the "oomph" of my old A314. (I understand SteveO based APi on an older, mellower version of A314.)

So if SteveO is open to suggestions, that would be mine. A widely loved product, A314 Rev 32, is now gone and there are hundreds of people (maybe more) looking for a replacement. That's a wide open market. And if anyone at all can create a replacement, SteveO would be the man to do it.

Anyway, I can always hope...

XS: Ascend, APi, XS170
LAL: AV, Wolf, BW, VD, NA, HS
Apex: Titan, Tusc, Core
PT: Captain, AT
TP: TA
AD: Corpo, LIIKv2, Glace
Androtics: A312 Rev32, Ammo x 2, IG, IFM, IH, TUTH, IO, CTTM, IS
Athena: 10x
12-08-2015 2:35 PM
BeautifulEnigma
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1346
Thanks received:
749 thanks in 379 posts

12-08-2015 2:48 PM

My suggestion is that SteveO can keep the current version for those who already enjoy it and make different versions (i.e., one that corresponds to Rev32), in the same way that Apex has different Core Variants.

That would be amazing! Different APi variants. Big Grin

I can create a vibe without saying anything, just by being in the room.

Personality type: ENFP

My journal: True Life Olfactory Vibe
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 2:48 PM by BeautifulEnigma.)
12-08-2015 2:48 PM
V-nice

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1676
Thanks received:
2228 thanks in 729 posts

12-08-2015 3:00 PM

(12-08-2015 2:35 PM)SmellBoy Wrote:  I'm afraid I'm not enough of an expert to suggest anything with regard to specific mones. I just know what I like and what works for me. I've been looking for--as I think many, many people have been--a replacement for my dearly beloved, now departed A314 Rev 32. For me, that was the ultimate product.

I'm currently using APi with Sultan's Oud scent and while I'm enjoying it, it certainly doesn't have the "oomph" of my old A314. (I understand SteveO based APi on an older, mellower version of A314.)

So if SteveO is open to suggestions, that would be mine. A widely loved product, A314 Rev 32, is now gone and there are hundreds of people (maybe more) looking for a replacement. That's a wide open market. And if anyone at all can create a replacement, SteveO would be the man to do it.

Anyway, I can always hope...

Can you give examples of the "oomph" APi is lacking and that A314 has? Maybe a good A314 moment? I always hear about how good it was, and I guess maybe the ultimate status product, but I wonder if it hit like MAG did for me... Instantly turning some on sexually?

"The man that knows he doesn't know, is a wise man."
12-08-2015 3:00 PM
SmellBoy
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks received:
42 thanks in 17 posts

12-08-2015 8:18 PM

And while I'm throwing in my two cents, I'll throw in another two...

One of things many people loved about A312 Rev 32 was the "Akuto" scent. Obviously, people mostly focus on the mones a product contains, but I think many products--A312 Rev 32 amongst them--also have aromatherapeutic properties. A312 Rev 32 contained sandalwood oil, which is well known for its calming, "centering" effects, but its fragrance clearly contained a lot more than just sandalwood. I think anyone who can reproduce the "Akuto" scent would be halfway to recreating the product. I'm not even sure it's possible to reverse engineer a fragrance like that but, as I said, based on what I've heard, if anyone can do it it's probably SteveO.

Okay, 'nuff from me...

12-08-2015 8:18 PM
Thanks given by mornyone, dorfmeister

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1991
Thanks received:
2381 thanks in 1328 posts

12-08-2015 8:23 PM

Rev32 doesn't contain any real sandalwood. Rather, it seems to be closer to a decent-quality synthetic musk. Funny, that's typically an oxymoron, but I can tolerate and even enjoy the smell, something I can't say for any other synthetic musk.

If I'm wrong, it's not too high-quality for the real thing.

I do wish PheromoneXS would stop using these cheap synthetics. Even the best blends can be sabotaged by a poor-quality fragrance.
12-08-2015 8:23 PM
SmellBoy
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks received:
42 thanks in 17 posts

12-09-2015 10:06 AM

I've read that there's a worldwide shortage of sandalwood, so it's quite possible that it's synthetic.

V-nice, in answer to your question, I don't have a "one big hit" story about A314 Rev 32. I think it was a product that very successfully helped build trust, status, and respect when worn around people over time. In other words, it did all the things that other alpha products claim to do, it just did them better than any other product I've tried. It wasn't designed to be an "instant turn-on" product. The sexual attraction it engendered was a side effect of its main function, IMO.

12-09-2015 10:06 AM
Thanks given by V-nice
GoergeFocky
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 154
Thanks received:
606 thanks in 267 posts

12-09-2015 11:02 AM

There is no sandalwood-oil in rev.32.

It's nonetheless true that some synthetic aroma-chemicals can have pronounced pheromone-like effects in that they trigger limbic responses, even more than some natural compounds.
Given that they are in use for decades though, it's not feasible that one of them would exhibit a fear/respect inducing property like a314 - that would be known at least as trivial knowledge.
So no, figuring out akutp will not bring you "half-way" towards a314. "Aromatherapeutic" is also a wrong term in that regard, the term does not encompass aromachemicals.

There are synthetic musk that actually activate the VN1R1 type receptors but the nature of the limbic responses are not yet established or published.

I'd recommend Zenolide and Velvione for testing if you're looking for synthetic musks vible for female-attraction or giving off a dominant male vibe
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 11:05 AM by GoergeFocky.)
12-09-2015 11:02 AM
Thanks given by Ekscentra, Inconceivablezen, moe

Share This Thread