Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Apex Cover Scents
Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Apex Cover Scents
11-05-2015 4:33 AM

I'll just mention a quick flaw with Crash as a cover scent. It smells perfectly decent, but is not a perfect 'none cover. Twice when wearing MX3 in Crash when going out with my brother, he complained about the 'none smell.

I'm pretty sensitive to the smell of 'none, but couldn't smell it beneath the cover myself. My brother, however, is hyper-sensitive to 'none scent - but if he can smell it and dislike it, there will be some women out there who will react the same.

To draw a contrast, despite my brother's super powers in detecting 'none in most circumstances, he couldn't smell a drop of PI or New Pheromone Additive if was covered by scented Scent of Eros - unless he got his nose right up to the application point, and even then he described the smell as faint.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 5:02 PM by Ancillian.)
11-05-2015 4:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
maxx55
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-05-2015 9:48 PM

(11-05-2015 4:33 AM)Ancillian Wrote:  I'll just mention a quick flaw with Crash as a cover scent. It smells perfectly decent, but is not a perfect 'none cover. Twice when wearing MX3 in Crash when going out with my brother, he complained about the 'none smell.

I'm pretty sensitive to the smell of 'none, but couldn't smell it beneath the cover myself. My brother, however, is hyper-sensitive to 'none scent - but if he can smell it and dislike it, there will be some women out there who will react the same.

To draw a contrast, despite my brother's super powers in detecting 'none in most circumstances, he couldn't smell a drop of PI or New Pheromone Additive if was covered by scented Scent of Eros - unless he got his nose right up to the application point, and even then he described the smell as faint.

Is there an Apex scent you've used that you feel covers up the -none scent? My dad can smell mones, especially none. So far, regardless of the scent, he can smell it around 2 sprays most of the times and definitely at 3 sprays regardless of what. I've used Fury, Silver, and Imprint's natural scent, he still can smell it.
11-05-2015 9:48 PM
Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-06-2015 3:46 AM

(11-05-2015 9:48 PM)maxx55 Wrote:  Is there an Apex scent you've used that you feel covers up the -none scent? My dad can smell mones, especially none. So far, regardless of the scent, he can smell it around 2 sprays most of the times and definitely at 3 sprays regardless of what. I've used Fury, Silver, and Imprint's natural scent, he still can smell it.

I've not done enough testing or got enough products to determine. Some of my scents are in Core, which I don't think contains 'none anyway. Also, I'm not around my super-sniffer brother that often.
11-06-2015 3:46 AM
maxx55
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-06-2015 9:36 AM

Core does have a very minute level of none, just enough to prevent betafication.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 9:36 AM by maxx55.)
11-06-2015 9:36 AM

Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-17-2015 6:30 PM

To update my list after doing some smell comparisons of my own

- Fury ~ Fierce, Abercrombie & Fitch (I've compared both side-by-side, they smell vaguely similar, but it's not a perfect match)
- Crash ~ Curve, Liz Claibourne
- Pulse ~ One, Calvin Klein
- Arc ~ Homme, Dior (I've compared to both Homme and Homme Intense side-by-side, and Homme Intense is way fruitier than Arc)
- Gold ~ ?
- Silver ~ ?
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2015 6:30 PM by Ancillian.)
11-17-2015 6:30 PM
lost_summertime
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-20-2015 11:25 AM

Please answer me if anyone knows:

is Core, Dionysos, M3X and other versions effective UNSCENTED at say 90% of their scented versions?

if yes, i am free then, will buy everything unscented and will cover with my favourite perfume.
i am very sensitive to scents, so even fury is too much if >1 spray.

some quates i started from:

(09-19-2013 11:22 PM)thundr Wrote:  CORE
4 diff scents are available. I HIGHLY recommend NOT using it unscented as I have tried it and its only about 40-60% as effective compared to scented. I havent figured out why but its got something to do with how im mixing it and how it diffuses. Im working on the scents that have worked best for me and generated the most hits.

(09-22-2013 6:06 PM)thundr Wrote:  oh and the scent option. There will be 3 options for scenting and a light scent that can be covered. I cant entirely unscent it due to the unique fixing properties. However 100% of the females ive let smell the light scented version like it. Its very faint and usually dies off within minutes. You can easily cover it with what you desire or dont cover it at all. I havent found a cologne the default CORE scent clashes with yet.

I could offer it light scented as default then u guys just cover it and or I can provide scenting options. Your choice. But bottom line is even the unscented version is going to have a fresh and light aroma. Just the way it is fellas. I cant be unique in fixing shit and expect to conform to norms. Lol
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2015 11:29 AM by lost_summertime.)
11-20-2015 11:25 AM
GoergeFocky
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-21-2015 5:08 AM

Received a package from Apex today including a sample of Atlas. Thundr sent it in "Citrus Frost"
(Shipping very quick, inexpesive shipping and safely packaged btw)

It's a small sample bottle and I've only just now used a tiny
spray on the back of the hand to test the fragrance.

Smell reminds me very much of Terre d'Hermes -Parfum version- for the first seconds, then the citric note becomes more sweetish mandarin and orange than in TdH.
I can make out some tree-needle as well (spruce likely) and a hint of something spicy. Iso-E as well I'd guess.

Like a cross of TdH, Hugo and a vintage italian EdT.

Very nice I have to say, an office and casual dinner scent. Seems well made.

Phero formula seems also potent, begin to shiver a bit after taking some good sniffs. I've experienced that before with moe-products, it's usually a sign that the stuff contains some punch.

Samll Edit: Quick drydown, very light scent bu covers the mones rather well. Drydown is really a sort of italian/spanish vintage EdT or vintage Aftershave even- medium woods mingled with spices, very slightly herbal and a tiny tiny reminder of citrus.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015 5:24 AM by GoergeFocky.)
11-21-2015 5:08 AM
raikahoken
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-21-2015 8:49 AM

Anyone tried Fuse yet? I'm thinking of getting M3X in Fuse. Arc is well received here, for e.g. by Max and Eks, but I just loathe tobacco. Can't stand anything with tobacco in it. For e.g. just today I tried Dolce & Gabbana The One, supposedly the scent everyone loves and nobody can hate, but I hate it because of the tobbaco. Gold scent has it too. Is the tobacco really strong in Arc?

XS: XiSt, SOB, Love Boat, Cohesion, Connections, Ascend, Evolve Oil, XiSt oil, A-1, taboo*, bliss*, exotica*, evolve*
Apex: Core, Titan^, Orbital, Imprint, Dionysos, M3X, Atlas, Style, Solomon, Houdini, sex magnet*, chamber 36*
LPMP: Men's Sampler Pack
LAL: Wolf, Asian for Asian, Nude Alpha, Max-T-150, SXD-9, Voodoo, NA gel, A-1, OD*, DP*, Hypnotica*, BW*, AV gel*, Primitive*, Nude*
Love Scent: NNPA
Alpha Dream: L2K v1 (50ml post-H + none concentrate), AM*
Androtics: TAC
PT: Captain oil, GOA*, Z69*

*sample
^ran out
KIV: Bad Wolf, Tusc, Hypnotica, Titan restock
11-21-2015 8:49 AM

moe

Rep Post

11-21-2015 11:52 AM

I tried Arc and Pulse. I'm not a fan of tobacco but those two scents are nice.

Sorry I can't give more details as my memory is failing me but I don't remember detecting any strong tobacco notes. Also, I would not be able to describe the scents better than Apex scent's page.

M.

Pheromone Xs:
Evolve, Mascot, Barely Legal, Taboo, Flirt, SOB, Connections, Love Boat, Bliss
Alpha Dreams:
AM, Corpo
Liquid Alchemy Labs:
NA, Wolf, AV, DP
Apex:
Style, M3X, Atlas, Tusc, Titan
Androtics:
A314, P130,TAC
Pheromone Treasures:
-
A1

11-21-2015 11:52 AM
RTBoss
Olfactory Brainwashing Genius

Rep Post

11-21-2015 8:53 PM

(11-21-2015 8:49 AM)raikahoken Wrote:  Is the tobacco really strong in Arc?

I'm with Moe on this, I don't detect tobacco at all. Not saying it's not there, just that I can't detect it. I like it a lot.

My Journal
11-21-2015 8:53 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is the most aquatic cover scent at Apex? Dafixisin 1 960 12-01-2016 11:15 AM
Last Post: ShadowX114
  APEX SCENTS??? kudava1 15 5,036 10-19-2015 10:05 PM
Last Post: SonOfSaturn