Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone ever had issues with returns at AD?
crewchief182
Checking out the place

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Anyone ever had issues with returns at AD?
10-30-2009 1:00 PM

I recently made my 4th purchase at AD, and was mistakenly sent the wrong product. Now, in order to get the product that I specified in the first place, instead of simply sending the correct product, I was (supposedly) sent a gift certificate #, to use towards the intended product.

This means that I now have to go through the website order process, to redeem the certificate that was supposedly sent to my email address. I have yet to see that, but I'm sure that it will show up eventually. The kicker? I have to pay shipping costs in order to get my originally intended product! Wholly crap! I've never heard of such a thing. has anyone else had any return/order issues as such with these folks?
10-30-2009 1:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Niatalya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Anyone ever had issues with returns at AD?
10-30-2009 1:08 PM

I had an issue where they sent me a to go bottle instead of the 30ml bottle I paid for. I called AD and they had me send them a picture of the to go bottle and then they sent out out my 30 ml bottle. They didn't charge me for for shipping, thankfully! Have you tried calling them? I don't know why they would charge you shipping.
10-30-2009 1:08 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

10-30-2009 1:28 PM

I've never heard of AD giving gift certificates for replacement items or charging shipping for gift certificate items before... this must be something new.

I had them charge me over $30 for a couple of empty 30 ml cobalt blue bottles... to correct it they sent me a new invoice for over a $100 for multiple of the order of that same item that I didn't place. It took about six emails to clear it up.

Another time I paid for a 50 mcg/spray bottle and they sent me a 10 mcg/spray bottle. I also had to provide a picture to get them to correct their mistake. I was not required to pay for shipping.

Several times I received half full bottles that had leaked in shipping. None of my inquiries about getting replacements for these was ever answered.

Mistakes in orders happen and AD is not the only company that I have dealt with that has had problem filling orders properly, or whose merchandise has arrived damaged or incomplete. But they are only one of two I've ever dealt with who has made me prove they made a mistake before rectifying the situation and the only one who has completely ignored my inquiries for replacements of damaged or incomplete goods.

The other was Love Scent when they sent me a 3/4 empty sealed bottle that should have had 10 ml of EST in it. With them, first they tried to convince me that less than half a bottle actually is 10 mls... lol. Then, not only did I have to take a picture, they also required me to send the sealed empty bottle back to them. I kept the bottle, and I still have it... nearly empty and totally sealed. I figure it is a good reminder of what good customer service is and what it is not and if push comes to shove it will be the deciding factor in who gets my business.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2009 1:31 PM by Diane999.)
10-30-2009 1:28 PM
Xiphoid
Swede as Sugar

Sex: Female

Rep Post

10-30-2009 3:14 PM

(10-30-2009 1:28 PM)Diane999 Wrote:  I've never heard of AD giving gift certificates for replacement items or charging shipping for gift certificate items before... this must be something new.

I had that happen to my last order.
I ordered my items (all were available in multiples), payment went through with PayPal and 3 days later the shippment was clearing customs in the UK. I then get an email saying a few of my items were unfortunately out of stock. They weren't out of stock when I ordered and got charged for them!

So I contacted them and asked if the email was a misstake. I then got emailed a GC... no offers of sending out the items when back in stock, or sending out alternative products. I guess technically I was reimbursed but I would have liked to have been asked if I wanted a GC or any alternative products. And I would have liked to know before the parcel actually arrived. SO basically, now if I do want the missing products I have to re-order and pay for another $29 shipping Dodgy
10-30-2009 3:14 PM
crewchief182
Checking out the place

Rep Post

10-30-2009 3:21 PM

(10-30-2009 1:28 PM)Diane999 Wrote:  I've never heard of AD giving gift certificates for replacement items or charging shipping for gift certificate items before... this must be something new.

I had them charge me over $30 for a couple of empty 30 ml cobalt blue bottles... to correct it they sent me a new invoice for over a $100 for multiple of the order of that same item that I didn't place. It took about six emails to clear it up.

Another time I paid for a 50 mcg/spray bottle and they sent me a 10 mcg/spray bottle. I also had to provide a picture to get them to correct their mistake. I was not required to pay for shipping.

Several times I received half full bottles that had leaked in shipping. None of my inquiries about getting replacements for these was ever answered.

Mistakes in orders happen and AD is not the only company that I have dealt with that has had problem filling orders properly, or whose merchandise has arrived damaged or incomplete. But they are only one of two I've ever dealt with who has made me prove they made a mistake before rectifying the situation and the only one who has completely ignored my inquiries for replacements of damaged or incomplete goods.

The other was Love Scent when they sent me a 3/4 empty sealed bottle that should have had 10 ml of EST in it. With them, first they tried to convince me that less than half a bottle actually is 10 mls... lol. Then, not only did I have to take a picture, they also required me to send the sealed empty bottle back to them. I kept the bottle, and I still have it... nearly empty and totally sealed. I figure it is a good reminder of what good customer service is and what it is not and if push comes to shove it will be the deciding factor in who gets my business.

Diane

Thanks Diane.

This is really starting to piss me off now. They sent me a 30ml of IH, when I ordered a 30ml of IO. Did the send-me-a-picture crap, got the apology, along with an email saying that I will be issued a gift certificate, so that I can reorder the IO that I asked for in the first place. I have not received any certificate via email, and they will not answer me back now. Not only is this a bunch of crap, but she then goes on to tell me "no", shipping is not included!! WTF?
10-30-2009 3:21 PM

Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-30-2009 4:00 PM

I've never had a problem with their customer service, all of my orders have come exactly as they were supposed to. So unfortunately I can't share any stories with you, but you shouldn't have to pay a dime to get what you're supposed to get. The plus is that they haven't asked you to return the unwanted IH, so at least you get a free bottle?

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
10-30-2009 4:00 PM
crewchief182
Checking out the place

Rep Post

10-30-2009 4:29 PM

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

They did tell me that I do not need to return the IH, but that's not the point. I'm happy about that too, because it's only 3/4 full anyhow. I'm simply trying to obtain what I ordered. Mistakes happen, and I'm totally cool with that, but I have to pay for their mistake? Please. The next step is a phone call, but honestly, should we have even gotten this far with this thing?
10-30-2009 4:29 PM
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

10-30-2009 4:40 PM

(10-30-2009 4:29 PM)crewchief182 Wrote:  Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

They did tell me that I do not need to return the IH, but that's not the point. I'm happy about that too, because it's only 3/4 full anyhow. I'm simply trying to obtain what I ordered. Mistakes happen, and I'm totally cool with that, but I have to pay for their mistake? Please. The next step is a phone call, but honestly, should we have even gotten this far with this thing?

I had one instance of getting the wrong shipment. They sent me my order and pre-paid envelope to ship the mistaken order back. A phone call has always been the best way to work with them on shipping errors.

The Androstenone Discussion
10-30-2009 4:40 PM
Gegogi
Yikes! Cupcakes 'n Bondage

Rep Post

10-30-2009 4:41 PM

I'd call and talk to them and post on their CS forum. If they won't set it right, call your card company and reverse the charges. I've not had any problems with AD other than a few slow orders, but I've had to resort to reversing charges at bait 'n switch camera dealers.

Ah don't wanna pickle...just wanna ride mah motosickle! Twisted
10-30-2009 4:41 PM
crewchief182
Checking out the place

Rep Post

10-30-2009 5:38 PM

Thanks Gegogi. I have a feeling that posting on their CS forum, will probably get me banned, but oh well. I'll give them a buzz on Monday. I've had slow orders as well. In fact, on my previous order, they forgot all about me. Had to get on them just to find that out. They did make up for it with freebies however. I do like some of their products. Thanks everyone.
10-30-2009 5:38 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Customer service returns reviews Paradox 4 2,779 03-04-2014 9:49 AM
Last Post: Paradox