Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Anybody else find this disrespectful?
mark-in-dallas
Dumb Guy That Pays The Bills

Sex: Male

Anybody else find this disrespectful?
11-18-2009 12:20 PM

Sarah Palin showing her full respect of the American Flag!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
11-18-2009 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Rep Post

RE: Anybody else find this disrespectful?
11-18-2009 1:18 PM

Give her a break, she can't help it. The woman is a moron.

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
11-18-2009 1:18 PM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-18-2009 2:59 PM

Pff, did you guys hear about her complaining about her Newsweek cover? She said she felt it was sexist... I don't know about you, but being put on the cover of a magazine is hardly discriminatory.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
11-18-2009 2:59 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

11-18-2009 7:24 PM

This is photo that was shot for Runner's World, in a series it was doing on famous runners. The magazine promotes health and fitness.

And the magazine is trying to establish that it did not provide this photo to Newsweek.

In an editorial note, Runner's World writes,
Quote:"Runner's World did not provide Newsweek with the image. Instead, it was provided to Newsweek by the photographer's stock agency without Runner's World knowledge or permission."

And please... how many of you have modeled for a photographer? I have and it is grueling. This is the photographer going for the shot, not any indication of whether or not Sarah Palin has respect for the American flag or not.

That is as bad as the photo of obama in a head wrap with all the accusations that he is a radical muslim.

It is just attention grabbing bs.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2009 7:30 PM by Diane999.)
11-18-2009 7:24 PM
mark-in-dallas

11-18-2009 7:50 PM

(11-18-2009 7:24 PM)Diane999 Wrote:  This is photo that was shot for Runner's World, in a series it was doing on
And please... how many of you have modeled for a photographer? I have and it is grueling. This is the photographer going for the shot, not any indication of whether or not Sarah Palin has respect for the American flag or not.
Diane

Actually it is desrespectful, flag etiquette states "Nothing should ever be placed on the U.S. Flag" and "The flag should never touch anything beneath it". I would say throwing the flag over a chair would be touching something beneath it and resting your arm on the flag is placing something on top of it.

Additionally, it's a violation of the U.S. Code TITLE 4 > CHAPTER 1 > § 8, which can be found here:

11-18-2009 7:50 PM

Diane999
Banned for Violations

11-18-2009 7:51 PM

You know what I'd like to see for the next presidential race? Someone who would bring dignity back to this country; someone smart and savvy, worldly and dignified.

I'm tired of having only cowboys, cheerleaders, sychophants, little rich boys, iconographic place holders, and shrews to choose from.

Diane
(11-18-2009 7:50 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Actually it is desrespectful, flag etiquette states "Nothing should ever be placed on the U.S. Flag" and "The flag should never touch anything beneath it". I would say throwing the flag over a chair would be touching something beneath it and resting your arm on the flag is placing something on top of it.

Additionally, it's a violation of the U.S. Code TITLE 4 > CHAPTER 1 > § 8, which can be found here:

Yes, and you are never to hang the flag upside down unless it is a symbol of extreme distress. Yet that is exactly what our boys in uniform did when draping Saddam Hussein's statue. That doesn't mean our boys were feeling disrespectful. They were just being stupid.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2009 7:53 PM by Diane999.)
11-18-2009 7:51 PM
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Rep Post

11-18-2009 8:07 PM

(11-18-2009 7:51 PM)Diane999 Wrote:  You know what I'd like to see for the next presidential race? Someone who would bring dignity back to this country; someone smart and savvy, worldly and dignified.

Unfortunately, in this day in age, someone like you describe wouldn't want the job.[Image: 22.gif]

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
11-18-2009 8:07 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

11-18-2009 8:09 PM

Hmmm....

Quote:(b)
The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
Makes it kinda hard to store your flag (that you can't hang outdoors anymore because of local ordinances preventing it). How do you store your flag? Is it somehow suspended in mid air when not in use?

Quote:(e)
The flag should never be fastened, displayed,used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn,soiled, or damaged in any way.
Quote:(i)
The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
Well there goes all our 4th of July Celebrations... not only can you not imprint the flag on any napkins, you can't throw them away after you use them. I don't know about you, but I've eaten off of printed US flag plates, seen plenty of US flag tablecloths, and used US flag napkins, which I did not bury or burn afterward. I guess it is kind of dilemma, if you celebrate the birth of this country like so many do out of respect and a sense of shared celebration, you are disrespectful of its emblem.

Where does intention play into any of this?

Now take a look at this photo, below. This is intentionally disrespectful. Compare the two. Do you see a difference here? In this country intention means a lot. It is what a lot of our endangered freedoms are based on.

Etc.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2009 8:14 PM by Diane999.)
11-18-2009 8:09 PM
Gegogi
Yikes! Cupcakes 'n Bondage

Rep Post

11-19-2009 3:05 AM

Quote:Well there goes all our 4th of July Celebrations... not only can you not imprint the flag on any napkins, you can't throw them away after you use them. I don't know about you, but I've eaten off of printed US flag plates, seen plenty of US flag tablecloths, and used US flag napkins, which I did not bury or burn afterward. I guess it is kind of dilemma, if you celebrate the birth of this country like so many do out of respect and a sense of shared celebration, you are disrespectful of its emblem.

Years ago I got drunk and spilled beer on a woman wearing a USA flag swimsuit. Later I helped her undress and it ended up on the floor but, being the 4th of July, I picked it up and carefully draped it over a chair.

Ah don't wanna pickle...just wanna ride mah motosickle! Twisted
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2009 3:06 AM by Gegogi.)
11-19-2009 3:05 AM
mark-in-dallas

11-19-2009 8:35 AM

(11-18-2009 7:51 PM)Diane999 Wrote:  You know what I'd like to see for the next presidential race? Someone who would bring dignity back to this country; someone smart and savvy, worldly and dignified.

Diane

I couldn't agree more! The last president I truly respected was Ronnie, and he did not have my respect going into office. He earned it by proving that he actually cared about the country and respected his position.

Diane Wrote:Makes it kinda hard to store your flag (that you can't hang outdoors anymore because of local ordinances preventing it). How do you store your flag? Is it somehow suspended in mid air when not in use?

Diane

Once the flag is properly folded it is ok to lie it down and store it. I believe that the intent is not to disrespect the flag when it is open and in all it's glory.

As to local ordinances preventing display of the flag, I am at least glad that the federal government has not intruded that far into "States Rights".

Diane Wrote:Yes, and you are never to hang the flag upside down unless it is a symbol of extreme distress. Yet that is exactly what our boys in uniform did when draping Saddam Hussein's statue. That doesn't mean our boys were feeling disrespectful. They were just being stupid.

True, but I don't think that soldiers who enlist in the miltiary should be held to the same standards and accountability as politicians and those who run the country, or want to.

(11-18-2009 8:09 PM)Diane999 Wrote:  Now take a look at this photo, below. This is intentionally disrespectful. Compare the two. Do you see a difference here? In this country intention means a lot. It is what a lot of our endangered freedoms are based on.
Etc.

Clearly! Well, I'm sure that someone will take offense to the picture and step on him! I wonder how much he'll appreciate that?

11-19-2009 8:35 AM

Share This Thread