Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Anybody else find this disrespectful?
renny
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Anybody else find this disrespectful?
11-19-2009 9:06 AM

(11-18-2009 7:51 PM)Diane999 Wrote:  You know what I'd like to see for the next presidential race? Someone who would bring dignity back to this country; someone smart and savvy, worldly and dignified.

(11-18-2009 8:07 PM)Mtnjim Wrote:  Unfortunately, in this day in age, someone like you describe wouldn't want the job.[Image: 22.gif]

Draft Gegogi? [Image: 25.gif]

The Androstenone Discussion
11-19-2009 9:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-19-2009 9:13 AM

To answer the question though, yes. Sarah Palin should have had more respect for the flag than to pose with it displayed in that way. It should not be worn as a lapel pin and it should not be imprinted on napkins. Other side of the coin is that we also give a lot of lip service to freedom of expression. I oppose a flag burning amandment as much as I oppose trampling an American Flag underfoot.

The Androstenone Discussion
11-19-2009 9:13 AM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

11-19-2009 1:36 PM

(11-19-2009 8:35 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  
Diane Wrote:Yes, and you are never to hang the flag upside down unless it is a symbol of extreme distress. Yet that is exactly what our boys in uniform did when draping Saddam Hussein's statue. That doesn't mean our boys were feeling disrespectful. They were just being stupid.

True, but I don't think that soldiers who enlist in the miltiary should be held to the same standards and accountability as politicians and those who run the country, or want to.

Clearly! Well, I'm sure that someone will take offense to the picture and step on him! I wonder how much he'll appreciate that?

Oh, well, here you and I will just have to disagree. Our men and women in uniform should know more than anyone what the symbol of our country means and I'd wager with you that any officer with responsibility over those men and women would agree with me. And any officer with responsibility over someone who disrespected the flag would make that person learn what it is to respect the flag I guarantee it, and it wouldn't be pleasant. But it wouldn't be done in the public eye.

Someone running for public office is only more important in the public's eyes because that is who the media is focusing on.

But she shouldn't have done it. There is a balance between gaining face recognition so you can more easily win a race, and being utterly stupid. And in this she was thoughtless and clumsy.

Does anyone know when this was taken? Was this taken while she was running for office, while she was Governor of Alaska, or was it taken recently after she left office?

She isn't currently running for any office that I know of.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2009 1:39 PM by Diane999.)
11-19-2009 1:36 PM
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

12-19-2009 4:01 PM

A little beat poetry...lol

Bella

12-19-2009 4:01 PM

Share This Thread