Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A New Bottle of Wolf with a different scent
misery94
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

A New Bottle of Wolf with a different scent
11-28-2019 5:37 PM

I’ve used several bottles of Wolf over time, so I am well acquainted with the scented version. I have a hard time describing it in detail other than it reminds me of vanilla with a bit of musk. It isn’t the type of scent I’ve picked in a cologne before, but I really do like it.

I just bought a new bottle of Wolf from Aroma Fero along with a tester of Bad Wolf to finally try alongside it. I wore Wolf today for the first time, but I was immediately taken aback by the smell. It isn’t bad by any means, but it definitely isn’t the same. I am not familiar with Bad Wolf and haven’t worn it yet, so I don’t know if that’s it. The only other LAL scent I know is Aqua Vitae and it isn’t citrusy like that.

What are the chances that I got a bottle of Wolf with a different scent from this vendor? I know others here have done business with Aroma Fero, because this is where I heard about them. I’m just wondering how I need to press the issue with them. Also, is there any chance that this bottle of Wolf just smells drastically different? Have other LAL buyers noticed anything like this in recent orders?
11-28-2019 5:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stefdude

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: A New Bottle of Wolf with a different scent
11-29-2019 5:07 AM

My last bottle of Wolf definitely had a different scent.It looked like a much milder concentration actually of probably the same scent.You can ask Garry.

They've done studies you know...60% of the time, it works every time
11-29-2019 5:07 AM
misery94
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

11-29-2019 10:42 PM

(11-29-2019 5:07 AM)stefdude Wrote:  My last bottle of Wolf definitely had a different scent.It looked like a much milder concentration actually of probably the same scent.You can ask Garry.

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I reached out to Aroma Fero and they said they would reach out to Garry and check on this. They wanted to assure me the product wasn’t fake. I let them know they have a good rep here and that I’m not automatically assuming that. But if there was a mixup, I would like what I ordered since it set me back over $70.

Thanks again.
11-29-2019 10:42 PM
stefdude

Rep Post

12-02-2019 6:02 AM

(11-29-2019 10:42 PM)misery94 Wrote:  Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I reached out to Aroma Fero and they said they would reach out to Garry and check on this. They wanted to assure me the product wasn’t fake. I let them know they have a good rep here and that I’m not automatically assuming that. But if there was a mixup, I would like what I ordered since it set me back over $70.

Thanks again.

Yeah your reaction is justified but I have only good things to say about aromafero, all products were exactly as expected and Paulius is very professional.Wolf seems indeed different in scent but not in effects.

12-02-2019 6:02 AM

Aroma Fero
Contributes Regularly

12-02-2019 7:07 AM

Hello,

I wrote email to Garry and added Customer CC.

I will put his answer here. If you got WOLF bottle, then there are no mixups from our side. We send the same bottle, as we get from LAL and they send us products the same they send to other Customers.

This is not the first time, when we get compliant about gentle scent of WOLF. I think it was third time. 2 months ago we got complaint from French Customer, and couple years ago from Italian Customer.

French customer sent the bottle back to test, but seems it was lost in transit.

I cannot find Garry's email now, but as I remember he wrote - that he have never changed anything in formula and scent. He explained me that it is possible when you get 'fresh' bottle ow Wolf it has light scent, but with time it becomes mature, and some pheromonal scent becomes more rich. So he thinks that customers remembers last sprays of 'mature' wolf nad when he gets fresh again thinks that there is a difference.

Let's wait for Garry's email. He should answer me in couple days.

Paulius Samenas
Founder - Europe
[Image: aroma-fero-best-pheromones-1.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019 7:17 AM by Aroma Fero.)
12-02-2019 7:07 AM
Aroma Fero
Contributes Regularly

12-02-2019 7:19 AM

About 'fresh and mature' scents I noticed the same with some single molecules we work.

Paulius Samenas
Founder - Europe
12-02-2019 7:19 AM
WereWolf666
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

12-03-2019 3:26 AM

I personally noticed a change in Wolf scent, it felt less sweet, less vanilla than the sample I had tested from a long time ago, other stuff felt the same. It seems to me the sweet touch of Wolf disappears over time. It actually feel more like Bad Wolf over time. It's not a complete change for me though, it's just one note.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 3:27 AM by WereWolf666.)
12-03-2019 3:26 AM
Aroma Fero
Contributes Regularly

12-04-2019 5:20 AM

Hey, guys here is the answer from Garry:

Hello,

Because of the last order that you had a problem with. I have taken a good look at Wolf and Bad wolf, both contain some of the same oils. My invoices all show that I have been purchasing and using the exact same oils that I always have, but I believe that possibly we were sent a mislabeled oil and have been using that from late 2018 through all of 2019. I have reformulated to get back to the original scent as close as I can. Though I only have old aged bottles of the product to compare scent with. I have had to switch to a new oil supplier as well for the oils I needed to use for this, as my original supplier also insists that they are sending me what I have always ordered.

I think this may be why you have had so much trouble with these products for the entire time you have been doing business with me. We are now in a position where we will have two different scents for Wolf and Bad Wolf. The original and the 2019 version. We will have clients that will want one or the other. I would like to do away with the incorrect one, but I doubt that is a possibility now.

------

Hello,

Yes, you can post it. I plan on sending the explanation to my entire email list as well.

Paulius Samenas
Founder - Europe
12-04-2019 5:20 AM

misery94
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

12-04-2019 9:01 AM

This definitely makes sense. Thank you very much for your help with this and for getting an explanation. I knew I wasn’t crazy, as I still had an empty bottle of Wolf that you could smell the residual scent in. It’s quite different. But again, this all makes perfect sense and it’s a great example of why it’s good to do business with people who are honest and stand behind their products.
12-04-2019 9:01 AM
stefdude

Rep Post

12-05-2019 6:37 AM

Yeah the first explanation didn't fit what I saw.The difference was from a sample vial of wolf I had in 2016-2017 to the spray I ordered this year and a second one I ordered for a friend.I noticed the difference in the 1st bottle right away and asked Paulius but Garry didn't respond if I remember correctly.

Wolf and BW definitely have common oils, too bad BW scent is different, i really liked the old.I hate to say it but all these look shady considering the past of sudden and unadmitted chages, but it shouldn't be a big deal if it's only about scent.I say that because Garry supposedly sources some rare plants for the oils and he may not be able to source them anymore.I don't want to start a rumor, we know how rumors spread through this forum when any old member makes a hypothesis.What I have to say about Wolf and I know that with certainty is that the products' effects are as I remember them, my friend insists on that too.Unfortunately I rarely use it so a 10-20% difference could easily go unnoticed with me, although my friend only uses Wolf and he is very observant.Also we have no reason to believe it's less effective just because there was a change in scent.

12-05-2019 6:37 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wolf Blue Bottle gman 3 1,464 11-30-2017 11:12 AM
Last Post: Saiyanprince
  Wolf vs. AV Scent xtraspecial 0 1,393 12-05-2014 2:48 PM
Last Post: xtraspecial