Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
mens sampler set
james mathers
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

mens sampler set
07-19-2017 9:22 PM

Hi there,

So i recently received a discounted custom made sampler set for men, as per my request. I specifically requested ones i wanted to try, as i wasn't too keen on some of the selections in the Pherotine set [half were unisex] and the Men's sampler set. They are 1.5 ml oil samples and you can combine as many of the phero scented or scented perfumes as you like to get your 10 samples. You get two freebie samples in exchange for being a reporting PT member. Terrific value for money, though custom-made sets are 1.5ml samples instead of 1.75ml if you stick to there pre-made sets. Still, amazing value with there current discount.

So the 12 i requested were pretty much all the classics i've read about over the years. Mostly phero-scented with a few phero-free scents. I chose samples to get a selection mix of spicy, greens/pine/forest, sweet/tobacco and sweet/vanilla themed. I am trying to develop my sense of smell with guidance from there forum reviews and Snoopy's, so it will be a while before i write a thorough review of there scents.

My main fear was that these scents would be too strong or overwhelming, particularly the sweet ones like Voracious, PB Super and LP Homme. But all seem to settle down within a few mins of application. I've been wearing Woodland for Men out for years, a very strong unique scent [woodsy with burnt maple syrup?] with a lot of success in the seduction sphere, and no strange looks.

These are the 12 samples i purchased with the aim of trying out most of there male phero blends:

Pashazade - heart throb [smooth operator another option].
Rebel - wanted man
Xavier - ss4m
Kingmaker- charisma [Teekayoh also looks good]
Pheroboy super - ss4m [there famous sweet/tobacco/maple scent]
Connect - teddy boy 2 [teddy man scent looks good, but i have a walnut allergy].
Edmund - swimming with sharks
Marks cat nip - perfect match [snoopys creation]
Heavy metal - hunter trapper [Libertine also looks good]
Voracious - wanted man [Alaric also seems interesting].

My last 2 samples requested were phero free. Tonka Musk and Love Potion Homme. On initial impressions with what i've tried so far, Tonka musk is extremely stimulating, the smell takes some getting used to, but great selfies and a nice confidence boost and rush of energy. LP Homme and Voracious, as described by many, are both delicious Unisexy sweet scents, but not too overwhelming or feminine. Heavy Metal seems nice, starts off greenish and morphs into something sweeter, fruitier. Kingmaker is the only dissapointment so far, a rather generic, classic 80's cologne scent. Edmund is subtle to my nose, polite and acceptable, but doesn't stand out.

I would have also purchased Merlins Blend, [another of there classic woodsy scents similiar to Excalibur but with some Rose notes], but Mara is re-brewing it so should be in stock down the track. I've had an Excalibur sample for years and its a great cover for say TUH. Any Androtics, Neroli scented sprays are subtle enough to spray underneath one of these LP scents.
07-19-2017 9:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kocik2000
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: mens sampler set
07-20-2017 12:19 AM

(07-19-2017 9:22 PM)james mathers Wrote:  Hi there,

So i recently received a discounted custom made sampler set for men, as per my request. I specifically requested ones i wanted to try, as i wasn't too keen on some of the selections in the Pherotine set [half were unisex] and the Men's sampler set. They are 1.5 ml oil samples and you can combine as many of the phero scented or scented perfumes as you like to get your 10 samples. You get two freebie samples in exchange for being a reporting PT member. Terrific value for money, though custom-made sets are 1.5ml samples instead of 1.75ml if you stick to there pre-made sets. Still, amazing value with there current discount.

So the 12 i requested were pretty much all the classics i've read about over the years. Mostly phero-scented with a few phero-free scents. I chose samples to get a selection mix of spicy, greens/pine/forest, sweet/tobacco and sweet/vanilla themed. I am trying to develop my sense of smell with guidance from there forum reviews and Snoopy's, so it will be a while before i write a thorough review of there scents.

My main fear was that these scents would be too strong or overwhelming, particularly the sweet ones like Voracious, PB Super and Love Potion Homme. But all seem to settle down within a few mins of application. I've been wearing Woodland for Men out for years, a very strong unique scent [woodsy with burnt maple syrup?] with a lot of success in the seduction sphere, and no strange looks.

These are the 12 samples i purchased with the aim of trying out most of there male phero blends:

Pashazade - heart throb [smooth operator another option].
Rebel - wanted man
Xavier - ss4m
Kingmaker- charisma [Teekayoh also looks good]
Pheroboy super - ss4m [there famous sweet/tobacco/maple scent]
Connect - teddy boy 2 [teddy man scent looks good, but i have a walnut allergy].
Edmund - swimming with sharks
Marks cat nip - perfect match [snoopys creation]
Heavy metal - hunter trapper [Libertine also looks good]
Voracious - wanted man [Alaric also seems interesting].

My last 2 samples requested were phero free. Tonka Musk and Love Potion Homme. On initial impressions with what i've tried so far, Tonka musk is extremely stimulating, the smell takes some getting used to, but great selfies and a nice confidence boost and rush of energy. Love Potion Homme and Voracious, as described by many, are both delicious Unisexy sweet scents, but not too overwhelming or feminine. Heavy Metal seems nice, starts off greenish and morphs into something sweeter, fruitier. Kingmaker is the only dissapointment so far, a rather generic, classic 80's cologne scent. Edmund is subtle to my nose, polite and acceptable, but doesn't stand out.

I would have also purchased Merlins Blend, [another of there classic woodsy scents similiar to Excalibur but with some Rose notes], but Mara is re-brewing it so should be in stock down the track. I've had an Excalibur sample for years and its a great cover for say TUH. Any Androtics, Neroli scented sprays are subtle enough to spray underneath one of these Love Potion scents.

Hey James what did the total run u if u don't mind me asking? Same price as their sample set pre-made? Was curious on doing the same, getting some mini alcohol sprayers and mixing the samplers to test one at a time
If I remember correctly Snoopy had best luck mixing love potion stuff with a cologne and there's a Dr chocolate post stating how to make your own sprayers out of oil mixed with alcohol
07-20-2017 12:19 AM
james mathers
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

07-20-2017 12:34 AM

Hi. yes that would be a great idea to enhance projection and diffusion. I've got many empty to go 5 ml Androtics bottles. Not sure about the ratios, but i guess you could decant a 1.5ml sample oil and fill in 3.5ml of Perfimers alcohol. I read that somewhere on the LP forum. Samples cost 38Usd. 10 plus 2 freebies for PT members. The 30usd Pherotine price is more because half of them are not phero blends. individually, the samples are 5 bucks for perfumes and 6.50 for phero blends with scents. So its quite a saving. I guess the only sticking point is the 1.5ml sample size in the customized set vs 1.75ml in the exisitng sets.
07-20-2017 12:34 AM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

07-20-2017 4:51 AM

Start with 20% Alchohol and 20% ISO E super if ya have'em. And adjust accordingly going upwards. But be careful, if ya go too far, it's hard to undo it.

Usually for me, if I get the dry head ache, that's when I crossed it.

Start with one that ya don't like, that way if ya don't like it, it doesn't matter all that much. But ya know what the exact ratios would be for the ones ya do like.

Have fun. Smile
07-20-2017 4:51 AM

james mathers
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

07-22-2017 1:02 AM

I found Mara's instuctions on LP's website on how to convert there 1/3rd oz oils into sprays:

" You actually CAN try this at home. Turn your 1/3 fl.oz. LP perfume oils into sprays.

Here's what I will send you, and how to use it:
*1 "Pre-Loaded" 1 fl.oz. Spray Bottle filled with 2/3rds of an ounce of perfumers alcohol.
*1 Perfume Pipette
*1 Label (either generic or specific if you know which perfume you'll be adding to this, and it's reasonably available for me to send you).

-------------------------
Instructions:
1) Take your pipette and suck out around 2 ml of alcohol from your pre-loaded bottle. Hold this aside, (rest the pipette in a cup, upside down, so the alcohol won't leak out).
2) Dump entire contents from a 1/3 fl.oz. LP roll-on bottle into the "pre-loaded" spray bottle.
3) Squirt contents of pipette into empty roll-on bottle, and shake it, so that you dilute the rest of what is in the bottle and make it pourable - you don't want to waste it!
4) Pour remainder into 1 oz bottle, which should be full now. Screw the spray top back on - and that's it! Shake to blend it, and you're done! Happy spritzing! Smile "
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2017 1:03 AM by james mathers.)
07-22-2017 1:02 AM
james mathers
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

07-22-2017 1:10 AM

So if approx 10ml of oil [1/3rd oz] is diluted into an approx 30ml bottle of PA [1 oz] then it's approx a 1:3 ratio of oil to perfumers alcohol. So for there 1.5 ml oil samples, you could adjust accordingly in a 5ml to-go.
07-22-2017 1:10 AM
james mathers
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

07-22-2017 1:15 AM

On another note, Snoopyace's gem of a phero-blend Marks Cat Nip is the star of the show in this mens sampler set. Lovely, interesting fragrance. Compliments to the chef! If i was to spring for a bigger bottle, then this may be the fragrance. Mark, any chance you will bring back the Tonka Tobaccum?

For anyone springing for the 1oz bottles, [58usd], this oil/alcohol dilemna is solved as you can now buy these phero scents in 1oz sprays.
07-22-2017 1:15 AM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

07-22-2017 1:36 AM

Thanks heaps Matho. +1
07-22-2017 1:36 AM

Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

07-22-2017 7:08 AM

(07-22-2017 1:15 AM)james mathers Wrote:  On another note, Snoopyace's gem of a phero-blend Marks Girl Nip is the star of the show in this mens sampler set. Lovely, interesting fragrance. Compliments to the chef! If i was to spring for a bigger bottle, then this may be the fragrance. Mark, any chance you will bring back the Tonka Tobaccum?

For anyone springing for the 1oz bottles, [58usd], this oil/alcohol dilemna is solved as you can now buy these phero scents in 1oz sprays.

I think it might be time for a rebrew of Tonka Tobacum. I'll have to talk to Mara about that. It is a phenomenal autumn scent that had monster projection and always got me an incredible amount of compliments.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
07-22-2017 7:08 AM
james mathers
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

07-23-2017 10:59 PM

h
(07-22-2017 7:08 AM)Snoopyace Wrote:  I think it might be time for a rebrew of Tonka Tobacum. I'll have to talk to Mara about that. It is a phenomenal autumn scent that had monster projection and always got me an incredible amount of compliments.
Snoopy how would you describe your Girl Nip? are there tobacco notes in it? Im also loving the super for men, rebel and heavy metal. Pashazade is a Very different scent, not sure if it's my thing, smelling like Arabian teas or coffees, but the projection would be good. Xavier smells like fruity tea. Overall, i like most of the scents sampled, with several stand outs.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2017 11:03 PM by james mathers.)
07-23-2017 10:59 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  LPMP Men's Sampler Set Review raikahoken 20 9,052 12-06-2016 3:30 PM
Last Post: Snoopyace