Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

hi everybody!
alonaxis
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 15
Thanks received:
5 thanks in 5 posts

hi everybody!
10-09-2012 5:30 AM

Hello,

I'm a new pheromone user with little knowledge about this realm.
I've started my journey using ammo by Androitics, I cannot stand the smell of this product and after testing if for a while, I think that it has no apparent effect so far.
Can anyone recommend other products? (by companys who back up their products by science and not by marketing bull****).
I'm 26m, picking up women mainly in daytime - streets/beach, nightclubs.

Please advise,
Alon
10-09-2012 5:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 871
Thanks received:
2291 thanks in 1096 posts

RE: hi everybody!
10-09-2012 6:16 AM

Hey Alon, welcome to PheroTruth! You might give us a little more information on yourself, like your personality and style, so member can make better suggestions.

But, if you're looking for companies backing their products with science, rather than real world results and user reviews, then I'm sorry to say that you'll probabky be dissappointed.

Very few actual scientific studies have been done on human pheromones and much of the scientific community still believes them to be pixie dust.

[Image: flying_dragon.gif]
10-09-2012 6:16 AM
alonaxis
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
5 thanks in 5 posts

10-09-2012 9:59 AM

(10-09-2012 6:16 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Hey Alon, welcome to PheroTruth! You might give us a little more information on yourself, like your personality and style, so member can make better suggestions.

But, if you're looking for companies backing their products with science, rather than real world results and user reviews, then I'm sorry to say that you'll probabky be dissappointed.

Very few actual scientific studies have been done on human pheromones and much of the scientific community still believes them to be pixie dust.

I'm a very friendly guy, with outgoing and sociable personality.
I do mostly cold approach pickups in daytime.. at the streets... and at nights at nightclubs.

I think that everyone in this forum should have some interest in science...
we should spend money on products that works... so unless there's some scientific support, we might waste our time using pheromones.
Moreover, the human psyche is misled easily.
Our expectations of the product, whether it has some effect or not may influence the perceived effect, known as 'placebo effect'.
Since there are many variables at work, how do we know if the pheromone has an effect?
Considering that, 'real world results' are very likely to be biased.
10-09-2012 9:59 AM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Rep Post

Thanks received:

10-09-2012 10:55 AM

(10-09-2012 9:59 AM)alonaxis Wrote:  I think that everyone in this forum should have some interest in science...
we should spend money on products that works... so unless there's some scientific support, we might waste our time using pheromones.
Moreover, the human psyche is misled easily.
Our expectations of the product, whether it has some effect or not may influence the perceived effect, known as 'placebo effect'.
Since there are many variables at work, how do we know if the pheromone has an effect?
Considering that, 'real world results' are very likely to be biased.

I didn't say we didn't have an interest in science, its more like science has little interest in pheromones.

All of us here are well aware of the placebo effect that advance expectations can have and how easily our brains can mislead us, but, does it really matter whether the effects are placebo or not, if you're getting the results you're looking for?

And, as far as placebo effects go, we've done blind testing here as well as some of our members doing it on their own, and when multiple people get the SAME or very similar effects, without knowing what they are using and without being able to see anybody else's reports or results, that pretty well rules out expectations and placebo effects. Then again, most of us here aren't scientists and it sounds to me like our OPINIONS don't mean a lot to you.

Considering your attitude though, I'd say you may vary well be out of luck here though.

Oh, and your first purchase was of a product that many of us got little or no results with and from a company that is more like a cult.

10-09-2012 10:55 AM
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1199
Thanks received:
2264 thanks in 1125 posts

10-09-2012 11:30 AM

Welcome to the forum! Pixie dust, my ass!
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 11:31 AM by halo0073.)
10-09-2012 11:30 AM

alonaxis
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
5 thanks in 5 posts

10-09-2012 1:34 PM

(10-09-2012 10:55 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  I didn't say we didn't have an interest in science, its more like science has little interest in pheromones.

All of us here are well aware of the placebo effect that advance expectations can have and how easily our brains can mislead us, but, does it really matter whether the effects are placebo or not, if you're getting the results you're looking for?

And, as far as placebo effects go, we've done blind testing here as well as some of our members doing it on their own, and when multiple people get the SAME or very similar effects, without knowing what they are using and without being able to see anybody else's reports or results, that pretty well rules out expectations and placebo effects. Then again, most of us here aren't scientists and it sounds to me like our OPINIONS don't mean a lot to you.

Considering your attitude though, I'd say you may vary well be out of luck here though.

Oh, and your first purchase was of a product that many of us got little or no results with and from a company that is more like a cult.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry if my comments insulted you.
If the effects are placebo, and you pay for a certain product then I think you should care...
I don't have any problem with people's opinions, I do have a problem with companys who claim their products do something they don't do.

Don't take my comments personally, I'm just a skeptical person and I think we should all be.
I appreciate the work of the people in this forum, and this is why I came here. I felt that I was being misled in pheromonetalk.com....

-Alon
10-09-2012 1:34 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Rep Post

Thanks received:

10-09-2012 3:42 PM

(10-09-2012 1:34 PM)alonaxis Wrote:  Don't take my comments personally, I'm just a skeptical person and I think we should all be.
I appreciate the work of the people in this forum, and this is why I came here. I felt that I was being misled in pheromonetalk.com....

-Alon

You were! That's why we created this forum and why we have such intelligent members.

10-09-2012 3:42 PM
Thanks given by zerosix85, AlternativeGirl
bored4life
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1506
Thanks received:
1168 thanks in 470 posts

10-09-2012 4:18 PM

Alon,

Coming into this I was the same way about you as pheromones, very skeptical, and very cautious. As time went on, and as you see consistent results, same type of hits and activities going on around you while wearing a certain product, you come to find out that it is taking effect.

A lot of us are in an expensive hobby, but it's also about self-discovery. Theres so much information on the forum apart from pheromones.

Research around, and read journals. Vendors back their products with guarantees, so you're not wasting your money. I'd recommend Acqua Vitae from Liquid Alchemy Labs to start Wink

The Journal

Arsenal:
Alpha Dream:Glace, FB Glace Silicone, Androstadienone, LIIK v1, LIIK v2, Corporativo
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Wolf, Nude Alpha, Acqua Vitae
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive
PheromoneXS: AscendXS, CohesionXS, EvolveXS

Samples:
Alpha Dream: FB Glace Alcohol
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Nude, Primitive, Hypnotica Social, Possess
PheromoneXS: BlissXS
10-09-2012 4:18 PM
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas
alonaxis
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
5 thanks in 5 posts

10-09-2012 5:31 PM

Ok... I think that AV gonna be my second try based on the info I read in the forum.
Still choosing between scented or unscented, I'm gonna check Aqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani at the perfume shop as it smells similar to AV.
I've also noticed many comments of ppl recommending a dropper top and not the roller... any more suggestions on that one?

Many thanks,
Alon
10-09-2012 5:31 PM

AlternativeGirl
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2105
Thanks received:
1280 thanks in 531 posts

10-09-2012 6:21 PM

Welcome to Pherotruth, alon...

You'll just have to see for yourself the difference between effective pheromones and placebo. Start a journal. It will help you see things you might otherwise have missed. experiment with different products/ ratios/ situations and record the variables and results. Oh, and have fun Big Grin

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
10-09-2012 6:21 PM
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas, halo0073

Share This Thread