Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
base: cyclomethicone, alcohol [4:1]
idle
In the Club

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 59
Thanks received:
114 thanks in 54 posts

05-22-2011 3:43 PM

I just looked at the products from Alpha Dream and the thing that got me most is the base !
was this the same 1 year ago?
And how does no one else noticed and comment this.

Right now i am experimenting with cyclomethicone NF and its really good alternative to the alcohol.
Fast evaporation but still slower then alcohol and the scent last much longer than the alcohol based ones.
So i think of cyclomethicone as the middle between oil and alcohol.
My current formula is making the cyclometicon a little more like an oil based but still to be sprayable with Isopropyl Myristate, fractionated Coconut oil and small amount of Silk Powder.

ammm back to the topic... Smile
So this really got my attention and i will start testing the Social products they are offering.
Expect to see some reviews in the upcoming months Wink

A314 vs CORPORATIVO
and GLACE vs hmmm... Instant Openness + Instant Honesty

but i think the winner will be A314 + a couple of GLACE sprays
(yeahh i am an A314 junky)

ps. if someone from alfa dreams read this:
is it possible to make a custom base mix with cyclomethicone and Isopropyl Myristate [10:1] or something else? Smile

05-22-2011 3:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Fly So Hi, Pheroquirk
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1950
Thanks received:
1940 thanks in 813 posts

RE: base: cyclomethicone, alcohol [4:1]
05-22-2011 3:51 PM

Interesting stuff, Idle. Are you a perfumer?

Glace is good stuff... much more depth to it than the Androtics socials, in my experience. I bet it would actually be very nice with A314. Should turn the vibe very warm. I'll have to give that a try soon!
05-22-2011 3:51 PM
Thanks given by Pheroquirk
idle
In the Club

Rep Post

Thanks received:
114 thanks in 54 posts

05-22-2011 4:23 PM

(05-22-2011 3:51 PM)dbot Wrote:  Interesting stuff, Idle. Are you a perfumer?

Glace is good stuff... much more depth to it than the Androtics socials, in my experience. I bet it would actually be very nice with A314. Should turn the vibe very warm. I'll have to give that a try soon!

Not quite Smile
but i have studied 3 years chemistry in the College and i am a scent freak Smile
aaand since i stopped using pheromones last year(when my son was born) i had to find a replacement. so i started experimenting with EO's and FO's.
Then i needed a base for them and DPG was not my favorite. sweet almond oil is very nice but shelf life is not so long. Pure fractionated coconut oil is the best alternative to DPG(my opinion) and when used with cyclomethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Silk Powder, Menthol Crystals, Vitamin E and small portion of Mango Butter to change its consistency and texture it becomes really great. It may be not the best base but i like it Smile also it gives very nice feel to the skin.
Now i am thinking of starting business with those fragrances here in my country.
I have one wholesale supplier but i needed to ask if someone else knows a better one http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fragrance-o...granceshop

Back to Glace.
It looks interesting and Estratetraenol + cyclomethicone is the thing that got me most.

05-22-2011 4:23 PM
Thanks given by Pheroquirk
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1950
Thanks received:
1940 thanks in 813 posts

05-22-2011 4:28 PM

Ah, I see. Yeah, I'm also a fan of FCO; it's what I've been using as the base for all my pheromone concentrates. I use FCO & monolaurin (10% each) in alcohol to make sprays, and this combination fixes the pheromones pretty well.

Next time I mix up a batch, though I think I'll go for a mix that will dry down faster. I'm not sure if I'll go for 5-6% each of FCO and monolaurin, or maybe just straight alcohol with 15% monolaurin.
05-22-2011 4:28 PM
idle
In the Club

Rep Post

Thanks received:
114 thanks in 54 posts

05-22-2011 4:37 PM

(05-22-2011 4:28 PM)dbot Wrote:  Ah, I see. Yeah, I'm also a fan of FCO; it's what I've been using as the base for all my pheromone concentrates. I use FCO & monolaurin (10% each) in alcohol to make sprays, and this combination fixes the pheromones pretty well.

Next time I mix up a batch, though I think I'll go for a mix that will dry down faster. I'm not sure if I'll go for 5-6% each of FCO and monolaurin, or maybe just straight alcohol with 15% monolaurin.
never experimented with monolaurin before.
But i suggest you forget about alcohol and start using cyclomethicone !
It dries quickly and it feel very nice on the skin.
and its totally sprayable.

Am i really surprised how no one else noticed this in the description of Alpha Dream.
I am not sure that cyclomethicone is better then alcohol for pheromones but for fragrance oils is perfect Smile i will need to make some tests

05-22-2011 4:37 PM
Thanks given by dbot
JAYCEE
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 238
Thanks received:
384 thanks in 194 posts

05-22-2011 5:15 PM

I've never noticed the base on the AD products. I have used cyclopentasiloxane as a base and I don't like it. The mixture falls out of solution and it needs constant shaking to keep it mixed.

I think cyclomethicone contains some cyclopentasiloxane.

ETOH suits my taste. lol.
05-22-2011 5:15 PM
Alpha Dream
Vendor

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 422
Thanks received:
2548 thanks in 534 posts

05-22-2011 5:16 PM

(05-22-2011 3:43 PM)idle Wrote:  I just looked at the products from Alpha Dream and the thing that got me most is the base !
was this the same 1 year ago?
And how does no one else noticed and comment this.

Right now i am experimenting with cyclomethicone NF and its really good alternative to the alcohol.
Fast evaporation but still slower then alcohol and the scent last much longer than the alcohol based ones.
So i think of cyclomethicone as the middle between oil and alcohol.
My current formula is making the cyclometicon a little more like an oil based but still to be sprayable with Isopropyl Myristate, fractionated Coconut oil and small amount of Silk Powder.

ps. if someone from alfa dreams read this:
is it possible to make a custom base mix with cyclomethicone and Isopropyl Myristate [10:1] or something else? Smile

Hi Idle!

Yes I have found cyclomethicone to be a very good medium for our pheromone products - it evaporates a little bit slower than alcohol (as you mentioned), but does not dry out the skin and in fact moisturizes the skin.

We have always used cyclomethicone in our products going back three years since we started.

I have not experimented with isopropyl myristate, but I think it might work. We add 1 part alcohol to 4 parts cyclomethicone as the pheromones are difficult to dissolve in pure cyclomethicone, so they are dissolved in alcohol first and then cyclomethicone is added. 25% alcohol also helps the formula to maintain its volatility.

As for the fixative, we use 3% dimethicone and find this works very well. Dimethicone is the silicone equivalant of DPG, as DPG will not mix with cyclomethicone.

25% alcohol, 72% cyclomethicone, and 3% dimethicone works very well, sprays easily, moisturizes the skin, and lasts a long time.

P.S. Glace is a very good formula, and to be honest I like it a bit more than corporativo.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011 10:04 PM by Alpha Dream.)
05-22-2011 5:16 PM
Thanks given by JesseJester, Pheroquirk
idle
In the Club

Rep Post

Thanks received:
114 thanks in 54 posts

05-23-2011 2:57 PM

(05-22-2011 5:16 PM)Alpha Dream Wrote:  Hi Idle!

Yes I have found cyclomethicone to be a very good medium for our pheromone products - it evaporates a little bit slower than alcohol (as you mentioned), but does not dry out the skin and in fact moisturizes the skin.

We have always used cyclomethicone in our products going back three years since we started.

I have not experimented with isopropyl myristate, but I think it might work. We add 1 part alcohol to 4 parts cyclomethicone as the pheromones are difficult to dissolve in pure cyclomethicone, so they are dissolved in alcohol first and then cyclomethicone is added. 25% alcohol also helps the formula to maintain its volatility.

As for the fixative, we use 3% dimethicone and find this works very well. Dimethicone is the silicone equivalant of DPG, as DPG will not mix with cyclomethicone.

25% alcohol, 72% cyclomethicone, and 3% dimethicone works very well, sprays easily, moisturizes the skin, and lasts a long time.

P.S. Glace is a very good formula, and to be honest I like it a bit more than corporativo.

never tried mixing cyclomethicone with a powder before but i had really hard time mixing it with everything else Smile
especially with some of the fragrance oils.. all the time it gets cloudy or separates.

I am impressed by the variety of concentrates that you are offering. you will be hearing from me in the upcoming weeks Wink

05-23-2011 2:57 PM
Alpha Dream
Vendor

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 422
Thanks received:
2548 thanks in 534 posts

05-26-2011 12:28 AM

(05-23-2011 2:57 PM)idle Wrote:  I am impressed by the variety of concentrates that you are offering. you will be hearing from me in the upcoming weeks Wink

Cool man! I look forward to hearing from you and supplying you. The concentrates are all ethanol (pure alcohol) base by the way, but we supply DPG with the pure alcohol concentrates, to add if you wish, to create a mix ready to be sprayed or dabbed onto the skin.

Cheers,

Alpha Dream
05-26-2011 12:28 AM

Share This Thread