Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Yes, it's me, finally

Unregistered

Lightbulb Yes, it's me, finally
11-01-2009 9:32 AM

Yes it's me. The same Rbt from Love-Scent and the Androtics forums. Stumbled across markindallas' post on another forum mentioning this forum while Googling for some info.

I have to admit that I too got weary of some of the stuff going on with the Androtics forums. Too much repitition, too much crap. Plus I just plain had too many "unfortunate events" happening in my life over the past year (let's just say part of it was dealing with 6 funerals). Plus at the place I have been working the bosses/owners are getting closer to deciding to retire, have pulled back on what they do there, and my part-time job seems to have expanded to near full-time. Not exactly what I wanted when I signed on. This in addition to some caregiving duties that seem to be increasing as well. A lot of time pressure.

Got myself involved with some other things, other forums, but slowly have been working my way back. First renewing my activity at Love-Scent forums, and considering taking the plunge back at Androtics. But then when I discovered this forum I figured it was what I needed more to get back into the swing of things.

For those who don't know, I've experimented with pheromones for quite a few years, can't exactly remember when I started. I'm also certainly in the Baby Boomer catagory age-wise, so what I may lack in vigor I may have in insight and experience. I hope.

Anyway, I'm going to try to spend some time here on and off in the future. Hopefully I will be able to contribute something, learn something. We shall see.
[Image: blank.gif]
11-01-2009 9:32 AM
Quote this message in a reply
renny
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Yes, it's me, finally
11-01-2009 10:08 AM

RBT, Ya just made my day! Thanks for dropping in. Pherotruth is developing a great mix of Love Scent veterans, Pherotalk stalwarts, and new users from across the spectrum...and I mustn't forget our friends from Love Potions. It's great to know we are showing up in searches. Take some time to look around. We are still very new and experience the occasional glitch, so please bear with us. I look forward to seeing you around here!

The Androstenone Discussion
11-01-2009 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

11-01-2009 11:00 AM

Hey Rbt, welcome to PheroTruth!

Glad you found us! I ran over and grabbed your reps for you, so you'll not skip a beat here. I know you've already seen a familiar face or 2 here and we're slowly but surely picking up new members here and there and expect to continue to grow, as we're a little more open and hopefully more relaxed than the other forum and our members are free to talk about just about anything.

So, look around, make yourself at home, and contribute when and if the mood hits you.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
11-01-2009 11:00 AM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

11-01-2009 11:13 AM

Hi RBT

Welcome to the group. I am so glad you found us. Make your self at home.

Here you can chat about any pheromone company or product you wish and you wont have to deal with those pressing questions like we did at on pherotalk like .................Do you wipe your ass front to back or back to front ? Yes this was a real recent question LOL Place is going downhill fast LOL

Tisha [Image: tongue.gif]
11-01-2009 11:13 AM

Unregistered

11-01-2009 1:43 PM

(11-01-2009 11:13 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Here you can chat about any pheromone company or product you wish and you wont have to deal with those pressing questions like we did at on pherotalk like .................Do you wipe your ass front to back or back to front ? Yes this was a real recent question LOL Place is going downhill fast LOL

Tisha [Image: tongue.gif]

Actually that sounds like a very interesting question that really really needs an answer...

No, really!

Haven't you all been dying to know?
[Image: huh.gif]

Renny reminded me I never did get around to signing up at LPmP forums... maybe someday...

My only gripe here so far as I try to catch up on posts is that loading time is danged slow on my dial-up system here at home. When I get to work and the DSL connection maybe I'll be able to make better progress.
11-01-2009 1:43 PM

mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

11-01-2009 1:52 PM

(11-01-2009 1:43 PM)Rbt Wrote:  My only gripe here so far as I try to catch up on posts is that loading time is danged slow on my dial-up system here at home. When I get to work and the DSL connection maybe I'll be able to make better progress.

I've just optimized the database, hopefully this will help if our site has loaded more slowly than is normal for you or than other sites load.

Aside from threads that contain images or videos called from other websites, whcih are dependent on the other sites load time, pages should load pretty quick. Is the forum actually loading much slower than would be normal for you?

11-01-2009 1:52 PM

Unregistered

11-01-2009 2:41 PM

(11-01-2009 1:52 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  I've just optimized the database, hopefully this will help if our site has loaded more slowly than is normal for you or than other sites load.

Aside from threads that contain images or videos called from other websites, whcih are dependent on the other sites load time, pages should load pretty quick. Is the forum actually loading much slower than would be normal for you?

Part of the problem may have been that I also had a tab open to Yahoo to check on my freecycle.org posts and Yahoo seems to drag everything down now.

The thread about inserting videos was "spinning" for 10 minutes before I gave up.

As an experiment I logged off all tabs, closed the browser, restarted. Went to Love Scent forum and it popped up relatively fast (about usual) as a test then came here. I had to face the "sucessfully logged in" message/dialog box for at least two full minutes before I was returned to the forum page so I could check things.

You may just have too many goodies active here for my poor connection.
11-01-2009 2:41 PM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

11-01-2009 4:03 PM

On those type of page loads there is usually a link that says "Click Here If You Don't Want To Wait Anymore", and If you click that link the page will usually load right away.

If the pages are still loading really slow, you can go to the bottom of the page and click the link for "Lite (Archive) Mode". That's intended for cell phones and eliminates virtually all the formatting and extras, but should let you zip right through the forum.

11-01-2009 4:03 PM

Unregistered

11-01-2009 5:48 PM

I've tried clicking the "load now" link but it doesn't appear to be "active" for me. I get no response. Will try the "lite" option on this system and see what happens. I just did a reload on this page, and I was able to go off to another forum, which also crawled as it was probably fighting with this one for "attention" but I still got on, checked new post list, and read new posts in one thread before this one even loaded.

Yeah I know, new kid and he's complaining already...
11-01-2009 5:48 PM
esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Sex: Female

Rep Post

11-01-2009 6:22 PM

Hey rbt! Welcome to the forum sweetie!! Glad you made it! Smile

(11-01-2009 11:13 AM)Tisha Wrote:  .................Do you wipe your ass front to back or back to front ? Yes this was a real recent question LOL Place is going downhill fast LOL

*gag*... ugh... when I read that over there, I couldn't believe my eyes lol
11-01-2009 6:22 PM

Share This Thread