Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Wow..is it the pheromones?
BeautifulEnigma
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1345
Thanks received:
743 thanks in 377 posts

Wow..is it the pheromones?
06-02-2015 3:44 PM

I just wanna rant about it, and not sure where to put it. But as of late I've noticed my parents have been extra caring since I started wearing pheromones around them. I've exposed them to different products (unintentionally), such as vibe, cohesion, connections, Instant Sexiness/A, Primal Women, and now they seem more thoughtful. I haven't seen them this "nurturing" since I was in my early teens, and I've pretty much been independent (paying for school, purchasing things I need, paying for gas, food, etc) since I finished HS, and now... a BS and MS degree after..now they're all of a sudden asking me if I'd like for them to get me certain things.. do me a certain favor, etc.

JUST.. WOW. I'm in awe.. Superstition

My parents aren't the touchy feely type. We just go about our business and that's it. And me being the oldest child, I never felt "babied" as much as my other siblings did.

Pretty sure there are other factors involved, but it seems like pheromones gave these behaviors a certain push.. should I say they served as catalysts?

Just sharing!!! Pom Pom

I can create a vibe without saying anything, just by being in the room.

Personality type: ENFP

My journal: True Life Olfactory Vibe
06-02-2015 3:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by shauna, mark-in-dallas, Ekscentra

shauna
Checking out the place

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 21
Thanks received:
7 thanks in 7 posts

RE: Wow..is it the pheromones?
06-10-2015 8:30 AM

Beautiful Enigma:

Thank you for sharing.

That is a very interesting response. IMO, I doubt it is your imagination. Trust your own instincts on this one.

I am glad to hear that they are trying more to relate to you, in a more loving way, too. Sounds as if they were prior a bit detached.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 8:31 AM by shauna.)
06-10-2015 8:30 AM
Thanks given by BeautifulEnigma
HappyGoSkillfully
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 36
Thanks received:
863 thanks in 369 posts

06-10-2015 10:03 AM

Shauna, are you a Psychologist?
You definitely have the Psych-speak down, if you will.

I came close to Majoring in Psych, but Minored instead. I guess I wasn't fucked up enough as my favorite Prof told me haha.
06-10-2015 10:03 AM
BeautifulEnigma
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1345
Thanks received:
743 thanks in 377 posts

06-10-2015 3:09 PM

(06-10-2015 8:30 AM)shauna Wrote:  Beautiful Enigma:

Thank you for sharing.

That is a very interesting response. IMO, I doubt it is your imagination. Trust your own instincts on this one.

I am glad to hear that they are trying more to relate to you, in a more loving way, too. Sounds as if they were prior a bit detached.

Hi Shauna,

For the past few years (should I say 14 yrs? Lol), yes, there was some detachment. A lot of things happened with my parents and my family that somehow posed as life and perspective altering factors to me that made me feel that I should always be ready to fend for myself "just in case." No, I wasnt tortured lol but these events made me into the person I am now, and made me more self determined and disciplined, when I was previously happy-go-lucky and should I say lazy (?) as a kid. These and me being an oldest child I guess affected our dynamics as I was growing up. I was always the child who needed to set an example to my siblings, give up something if my younger sibling wanted it cause I'm the older one, etc. I can't fully think of this as a negative since it made me driven, and resulted in friends telling me they look up to what I've accomplished.

The downside is I find myself trying to remain emotionally detached when getting into relationships. Like I'd be attracted to someone, but as soon as I feel that I'm starting to become vulnerable, I pull back in an effort to have a feeling of leverage and emotional self control.

Anyway, by the time I realized I've been rambling on and on, it was already too late to cut this post short sideLol Hope I didn't sound too melodramatic. But yep, they work! sideLol

I can create a vibe without saying anything, just by being in the room.

Personality type: ENFP

My journal: True Life Olfactory Vibe
06-10-2015 3:09 PM
shauna
Checking out the place

Rep Post

Thanks received:
7 thanks in 7 posts

06-12-2015 10:20 AM

(06-10-2015 3:09 PM)BeautifulEnigma Wrote:  Hi Shauna,

For the past few years (should I say 14 yrs? Lol), yes, there was some detachment. A lot of things happened with my parents and my family that somehow posed as life and perspective altering factors to me that made me feel that I should always be ready to fend for myself "just in case." No, I wasnt tortured lol but these events made me into the person I am now, and made me more self determined and disciplined, when I was previously happy-go-lucky and should I say lazy (?) as a kid. These and me being an oldest child I guess affected our dynamics as I was growing up. I was always the child who needed to set an example to my siblings, give up something if my younger sibling wanted it cause I'm the older one, etc. I can't fully think of this as a negative since it made me driven, and resulted in friends telling me they look up to what I've accomplished.

The downside is I find myself trying to remain emotionally detached when getting into relationships. Like I'd be attracted to someone, but as soon as I feel that I'm starting to become vulnerable, I pull back in an effort to have a feeling of leverage and emotional self control.

Anyway, by the time I realized I've been rambling on and on, it was already too late to cut this post short sideLol Hope I didn't sound too melodramatic. But yep, they work! sideLol

Hi beautiful enigma:

Yes. There is an upside to having detached parents. Some detached parents are that way to teach the child survival skills and independence. They are the school of hard knocks type. They can be either demonstratively affectionate at times or never ever affectionate.

Still, if you project this onto potential boyfriend/mates relationships, it it indicates LIKELY that your parents were not ever very demonstrative about being loving and affectionate toward you. If not, you would not feel the need to shield yourself as you mention.

Counseling can really help a person cope with these types of parents. They are more common than we think. It will also help you be more open to a good relationship and enable you to recognize a person who would be a good fit and will not treat you like your parents.
06-12-2015 10:20 AM

shauna
Checking out the place

Rep Post

Thanks received:
7 thanks in 7 posts

06-12-2015 10:26 AM

(06-10-2015 10:03 AM)HappyGoSkillfully Wrote:  Shauna, are you a Psychologist?
You definitely have the Psych-speak down, if you will.

I came close to Majoring in Psych, but Minored instead. I guess I wasn't fucked up enough as my favorite Prof told me haha.

Hmmm! HGS: Smile

That was the opposite of what I was told at University. At my school, those who were mentally or emotionally screwed up, or self described as such, were weeded out for the psychiatrist career track.

With that said, IMO, most psych pros are just as screwed up as their patients, they just hide it better and appear to hold it together better, at least publicly. Wink
06-12-2015 10:26 AM

Share This Thread