Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Women Love: The smell of coffee.
mammoth
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Tongue Women Love: The smell of coffee.
12-18-2012 12:40 PM

In the (UK) Sun Newspaper today, there is an interesting article about the power of the smell of Coffee and its effect on women. It suggests if men run out of aftershave, you should splash some coffee onto yourself.
I can not find a link so I shall type up a bit here and let make you up your minds.

It says that scientists measured the heart rate and sweat levels of women aged 18 to 57 as they looked at pictures of men while smelling different aromas.

28% of men were seen as more attractive with a whiff of coffee than no smell at all.
What made me sceptical is that the claims come from coffee machine maker De Longhi.

However, what was said next made me think of pheromones.

Psychologist Dr David Lewis said "Smell has such an impact on our perception of people and it can influence our visual senses".

Worth a try?

I still prefer decaffeinated, so maybe I will only attract hobbit ladies!
12-18-2012 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Androaura
Walking Pheromone Cloud

Rep Post

RE: Women Love: The smell of coffee.
12-18-2012 12:48 PM

(12-18-2012 12:40 PM)mammoth Wrote:  Psychologist Dr David Lewis said "Smell has such an impact on our perception of people and it can influence our visual senses".

This statement alone shows how much one sense can have a synergistic connection to another, in this case being smell (the olfactory sense) and sight (the visual sense).

And this is why we use pheromones.

Nice thread.

Journal:
The J(ournal) of Aura

Current Pheromone Products Owned:
Alpha Dreams: Alfa Maschio: My Rating - 7/10 & Fast Burn Glace (Light Silicone): My Rating - 8/10
Love Scent: Androstadienone (Full Strength): My Rating - 9/10

Wishlist:
Wolf, Aqua Vitae, L2K, Corporativo, NPA
12-18-2012 12:48 PM
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

12-18-2012 2:50 PM

I love the smell of coffee. Some of my favorite makle fragrances (and female) have coffee as a note.
12-18-2012 2:50 PM
Dafixisin
Serious Poster

Rep Post

12-18-2012 3:36 PM

I'm strongly considering requesting the nobility cover scent from SteveO at XS because of the cinnamon scent it apparently puts off.

A cinnamon/coffee/chocolate scented cologne would be the ultimate foodie cover.
12-18-2012 3:36 PM
AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Sex: Female

Rep Post

12-18-2012 4:06 PM

"Yes. Yes, it would" *giggles AlternativeGirl as she sips on her cinnamon flavored coffee with chocolate almond milk and whipped cream* "I would totally agree" Big Grin

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
12-18-2012 4:06 PM

paradigmshift
Reading is fundamental

Rep Post

12-18-2012 5:12 PM

Whenever I enter a coffee shop, I find the smell of coffee intoxicating.  It is so rich, warm, inviting, relaxing and invigorating all at once that it feels like it must be a drug. There are so many different ways you could describe the wonderful scent of coffee. But what is it about the smell of roasted coffee beans that most of us find so delightful?

Study:
Well, a group of international scientists led by Han-Seok Seo of Seoul National University is shedding some light on how the aroma of coffee might positively affect our brains.  These researchers studied gene and protein expression in the brains of lab rats.  And what they found was quite surprising!  They found that the aroma of coffee did have a beneficial effect on rats brains who were stressed by sleep deprivation. They found that when these rats inhaled the aroma of coffee, there was a change in the levels of activity of 17 genes and in the level of some brain proteins that helped reduce the stress level of the sleep deprived rats and initiated healthy antioxidant activity.

So, what does that mean?
Well, it may mean that you may not have to drink coffee to get health benefits from it.  Just smelling coffee may reduce your stress level by altering the activity of genes in your brain.  Does that mean you should run out and buy a bag of roasted coffee beans and inhale it whenever you are stressed or don't get enough sleep?  Not nec[i]essarily. More research is still needed, especially human studies, but so far the findings of this study are encouraging.  You never know, the aroma of coffee may improve your health!
12-18-2012 5:12 PM
seeusmile
Serious Poster

Rep Post

12-19-2012 3:05 AM

interesting..... I wonder if Lynx has a coffee scent. I've been enjoying the chocolate one so far.

NuTrix- I wouldn’t change a thing in my past because it’s made me who I am, and I LIKE me, but I’ll be damned if I let 1 single thing in my past hold me prisoner there
seeusmile
Serious Poster

Rep Post

interesting..... I wonder if Lynx has a coffee scent. I've been enjoying the chocolate one so far.

NuTrix- I wouldn’t change a thing in my past because it’s made me who I am, and I LIKE me, but I’ll be damned if I let 1 single thing in my past hold me prisoner there
peter piper
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

12-20-2012 6:52 AM

I live in the UK , how can i put this,, the sun newspaper .. talks shit....
12-20-2012 6:52 AM
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

12-20-2012 2:21 PM

(12-18-2012 5:12 PM)paradigmshift Wrote:  

Whenever I enter a coffee shop, I find the smell of coffee intoxicating.  It is so rich, warm, inviting, relaxing and invigorating all at once that it feels like it must be a drug. There are so many different ways you could describe the wonderful scent of coffee. But what is it about the smell of roasted coffee beans that most of us find so delightful?

Study:
Well, a group of international scientists led by Han-Seok Seo of Seoul National University is shedding some light on how the aroma of coffee might positively affect our brains.  These researchers studied gene and protein expression in the brains of lab rats.  And what they found was quite surprising!  They found that the aroma of coffee did have a beneficial effect on rats brains who were stressed by sleep deprivation. They found that when these rats inhaled the aroma of coffee, there was a change in the levels of activity of 17 genes and in the level of some brain proteins that helped reduce the stress level of the sleep deprived rats and initiated healthy antioxidant activity.

So, what does that mean?
Well, it may mean that you may not have to drink coffee to get health benefits from it.  Just smelling coffee may reduce your stress level by altering the activity of genes in your brain.  Does that mean you should run out and buy a bag of roasted coffee beans and inhale it whenever you are stressed or don't get enough sleep?  Not nec[i]essarily. More research is still needed, especially human studies, but so far the findings of this study are encouraging.  You never know, the aroma of coffee may improve your health!

I've actually done this while at work. I don't want the somatic effects of drinking coffee and pouring sugar into my blood while I'm sedentary, but I need to wake up... So I smell the stuff rather than drinking it. It's not quite as strong or long lasting, of course, but it does help.

... Also, the smell of bread is supposed to make people more altruistic. And I believe, IIRC, it raises testosterone levels in men. Odd combo.

[Image: Example.jpg]
12-20-2012 2:21 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  do women love fit or fit fat dad bods warcheese 28 1,892 11-25-2022 5:28 PM
Last Post: Marcus Antonius
  Do women who detect strong piss smell from mones still respond to the mones? monequest74 6 2,136 11-29-2019 5:02 AM
Last Post: stefdude
  women, dopamine and the Smell of Newborn Babies Rcount 10 2,935 06-03-2019 2:08 PM
Last Post: VishRemma
  Men Who Eat More Fruits And Veggies Smell More Attractive To Women lone ranger 13 5,005 08-18-2017 8:24 AM
Last Post: DrChocolate
  Coffee mone flacowww 12 4,221 05-26-2017 5:59 PM
Last Post: Ekscentra