Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Why PheroTruth was offline for so long
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

RE: Why PheroTruth was offline for so long
10-10-2017 8:29 AM

I never really mentioned it but when I refer to the server, it's a server that I lease through a datacenter and located within their facility in Montreal, so when I'm attempting to troubleshoot an issue it's not like I can walk over to the box and start digging around, unplug it or reboot a router. It's all done over the internet and if the server becomes unresponsive the only thing I can really do is attempt a remote reboot to see if that will at least bring the server back online and I can start trying to figure out what the problem is, and if a reboot doesn't help then I've got to call the datacenter.

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
10-10-2017 8:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pherouser
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

10-18-2017 10:20 AM

That sucks, I tried logging on and there was an error connecting to the website. So this site has a history of being ddos?
10-18-2017 10:20 AM

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

10-19-2017 6:34 AM

We've been hit by DDoS attacks 3 times in the 9+ years this forum has existed, and the first time each of the other pheromone forums were hit too. So, no I wouldn't say that we have a history of being DDoS'd

An error connecting doesn't necessarily mean a site is being hit by a DDoS, although as best we can tell it looks like the last time the server went down was due to Google and Bing spiders both hammering on PheroTruth at the same time.

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
10-19-2017 6:34 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Please accept my sincerest apologies for PheroTruth being offline! mark-in-dallas 30 12,360 07-26-2013 11:55 AM
Last Post: mark-in-dallas