Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the deal with A-1 in soap?
HappyGoSkillfully
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 36
Thanks received:
857 thanks in 368 posts

What's the deal with A-1 in soap?
01-23-2015 1:07 PM

Okay so I am staying at my brother's as I am snow-birding this Winter. I use his shower and I notice he has a bottle of Zest 'pheromone enhanced" body wash. I read the ingredients as I shower. It has Androstadienone in it.

There are so many conflicting 'directions' on Pheromones and how to remove them. Then you have people asking how long they last, etc.

It really is one big mosh pit of information. Why, if they only last a certain amount of time, do we have to wash them off in the first place. Conflicting points of view. If they only have a life of 6-10 hours of effectiveness, no need to wash them off then, right?

Then there is the whole buildup take on things. If the buildup does in fact work, then Pheromones have a longer life of effectiveness than what they are advertised to have.

Then I come across the phero enhanced soap. Now wait, wouldn't the A-1 just rinse off with the rest of the soap product? Pheromones in soap doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I also cannot imagine that they are dumping too much A-1 into this body wash soap either. That would make it pricey, no? Gimmick?- more likely.

If a scientist on this forum can comment, that would be much appreciated. Otherwise I am afraid there will be several "I suppose this" or "I suppose that" posts about this. If there are any concrete answers, please respond to any and all questions/ponderings above.
01-23-2015 1:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Paul Mytool, kingtut savage

kingtut savage
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 440
Thanks received:
120 thanks in 64 posts

RE: What's the deal with A-1 in soap?
07-20-2017 10:26 PM

I actually started my phero life with Androstadienone soaps. If they did indeed wash off in the shower and didn't work, then I would have never started researching more and stumbled across this site.
07-20-2017 10:26 PM
Paradox
Pheromone Tester, PUA/PUG

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 417
Thanks received:
2140 thanks in 812 posts

07-21-2017 7:27 AM

Bar soaps are made by combining liquid fats (like vegetable oils or animal fat) with an alkali like sodium hydroxide (also called lye). The process is called “saponification”; the definition of “saponify” is literally “to turn fat or oil into soap by reaction with an alkali.” Liquid soap is made similarly, but with potassium hydroxide instead of sodium hydroxide. Even though “lye” or “sodium hydroxide” might sound scary, don’t worry. “During the curing process, the sodium hydroxide and water evaporate out of the product, leaving behind just awesome soap,” explains Dubuque. When you see an ingredient like “saponified coconut oil,” that means it’s coconut oil that’s been turned into soap. The structure of the ingredient has changed, so it’s safe for your skin. A good rule of thumb: the sudsier the soap, the less cured it probably is.

You’ll see a little variation in different products designed for specific purposes. “Superfatting,” which refers to the process of adding liquid fats to soap after saponification, is popular for its rich, moisturizing effect. Clear soaps will add glycerin and sorbitol (a sugar alcohol with emollient properties), and products labeled “antibacterial” usually rely on triclosan, a substance that kills bacteria and helps prevent fungus growth.

Shower gels, on the other hand, generally contain the same basic ingredients: water, a foaming ingredient (often sodium laureth sulfate, or SLS), and betaines, the chemical components that help it all stick together.

This doesn't answer the question but it does give some insight into Soap

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader"--- John Quincy Adams
07-21-2017 7:27 AM
Thanks given by BigDickBandit420, DrChocolate, kingtut savage, Mars82
Spider-mone
Stalker Dummy

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 496
Thanks received:
1390 thanks in 579 posts

07-21-2017 8:21 AM

I have several bottles of dial magnetic. I love the smell of it and I do get lethargic when I use it so I think there is something to it. and the girl I'm seeing right now does seem to be more crushy when I use it.

Correct a fool and he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you
07-21-2017 8:21 AM
Thanks given by BigDickBandit420, SeekingSuccess, DrChocolate, Mars82, TrojanMagician
kingtut savage
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 440
Thanks received:
120 thanks in 64 posts

07-21-2017 9:31 PM

(07-21-2017 8:21 AM)Spider-mone Wrote:  I have several bottles of dial magnetic. I love the smell of it and I do get lethargic when I use it so I think there is something to it. and the girl I'm seeing right now does seem to be more crushy when I use it.

Androstadienone is listed as one of the ingredients in both dial magnetic and zest high intensity. If you like what you see out of dial magnetic, try zest and I promise you won't be disappointed. I originally start using zest because it was cheaper and I thought it was a little weaker. With the results I was getting from constant use of dial, I thought maybe something a little weaker would be more work appropriate. Androstadienone is listed further down in the ingredients list on zest then it is on dial. So anyways I started using zest and actually found that it was a good deal stronger than dial. The scent is intoxicating and it lingers for a while. I typically use zeat as a base for my phero usage.not always but typically
07-21-2017 9:31 PM
Thanks given by Mars82, Spider-mone, Muad'Dib, DrChocolate

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Soap kingtut savage 29 6,697 07-20-2017 10:21 PM
Last Post: kingtut savage
  Can hunter soap ruin mones? jb20 5 1,364 05-19-2016 7:17 AM
Last Post: stefdude
  Beaux Gest Androstenone Soap dorfmeister 18 3,919 08-14-2015 3:48 PM
Last Post: NP17