Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Well, that was rude of Steve to do but funny.
mikotorocks714
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 62
Thanks received:
18 thanks in 15 posts

RE: Well, that was rude of Steve to do but funny.
05-14-2010 2:00 AM

OK, I really didn't want to post again, but this will be my last post. I just wanted to say that again (just to make it clear) this had nothing to do with the negative rep he gave me, as I mentioned in earlier posts I could care less about his negative rep. Sure the title of this thread makes it seem like it's just about the negative rep but it isn't. That's also why I typed "funny" in the subject line because it is funny.

What it was about (and what hurt) was that I couldn't believe he thought that I was "encouraging" a guy to SPAM. We already went through this in the beginning of this thread so there's no reason why we should mention it again as I already mentioned that it was just a misunderstanding on my part as well as my fault for not wording it differently. Unfortunately I didn't realize that until it was too late and this thread was already created. Thankfully Mark explained to me how it would look bad for them and then that's when I PM Steve with an apology as well as editing my post to make it better.

So that's that, I haven't talked to Steve but I have talked to Jasmin so all is good now. I'm not sure what Steve may feel for me now, but I sure don't hate him or am angry. Probably just a little hurt for not giving me the benefit of a doubt and for thinking that I was trying to encourage others to SPAM. However, that's that and I know that I wasn't trying to encourage SPAM. It was just a stupid phrase that I posted without first thinking about it, but since I didn't think it sounded bad (at the time) that's why I didn't think to rephrase it. So as mentioned, this has nothing to do with reps or getting my "panties in a bunch" for being neg repped.

As long as I know I said sorry, apologized to Steve and Jasmin, and know that Jasmin still likes me and is still cool with me that's all that matters. So sorry pherotruth.com, sorry for making this thread into what it became.

The end.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2010 2:06 AM by mikotorocks714.)
05-14-2010 2:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

WildFlower
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
8 thanks in 7 posts

05-14-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:Wait a minute that neg rep is unsigned, are you saying that Steve told you who the neg repper was. That is highly unethical and a vilolation of there own privacy act. You gotta be kidding me.

No Steve didn't tell me. He's far to professional to do that.

I'll talk through what happened:

Mid way through April (before Steve neg repped Mikoto) I noticed I was getting repeated neg reps of an anonymous poster - I knew that all the reps had to come from the same poster as they all left the same comment, either "---", "---fag" or something similar. It concerned me I was getting repeatedly neg repped by the same person - clearly I had done something to upset someone and I took it personally. I checked the posts I was getting repped for to see if they could be interoperated as offensive but I couldn't find anything. I changed my avatar so it was no longer a picture of myself and went through editing all of my old posts to make them as impersonal as possible to try and avoid this stream of neg reps.

I was still getting the neg reps after I had done that so I sent Steve a PM about it (again before Steve neg repped Mikoto). This PM was sent on the 9th May:

Quote:Hi Steve, I know your the moderator here so I thought you'd be the best person to raise this issue with.

I'm not concerned with reps either positive or negative, but one thing that has caught my eye recently is that I'm continually being neg repped. I've read the posts I'm being neg repped for and I can't see how they would be offensive to anyone. It is also the same person neg repping me as they leave the same "---" comment each time. It's happened to random old posts in my journal and really old thread I started years back when I first joined here. I'm a little uncomfortable about an anonymous person clearly with a grudge against me, but without an indication on why they have a grudge against me.

Essentially I've kept a journal primarily for me so I can learn and monitor my own pheromone progress. If it is a benefit to others as well, then that is great too. I've tried to de-personalise my posts as much as possible but there are still some pretty personal things in my journal about my life and the lives of others. This is what is making me uncomfortable. I don't know what can be done about this; whether my journal can be taken off line like what happened to Catlord's Liquid Lust thread. but the fact there is an anonymous person trawling through my journal and neg repping me is making me very uncomfortable.

Steve responded by giving me a call. He said he knew who was doing the neg repping but that he couldn't tell me who. He said not to take it personally though as the same person had also been neg repping in bulk the majority of posters on PheroTalk with the same --- comment. He was surprised and upset that the person doing the neg repping was a main contributor to the forum, had received a $1000 dollar gift certificate or two from Androtics, had recieved tons of free gifts, and Steve had even helped them out by raising money for him when in a time of need. I suspected I knew who it was but it didn't bother me anymore as I knew it wasn't personal. But, yeah, Steve never told me directly who it was, and the clues he gave me where accidental.

After reading between the lines on what Steve had said on the phone and in this next post that I knew it was Mikoto who had been neg repping everyone :

Quote:Its pretty funny I got a neg rep the other day from a post that I helped someone, that needed Customer Service. What makes it so funny is that, as a party host here on PheroTalk, I get to see who it was that neg repped me with "---fag".

They took 19 points from me with their anti-social behavior. For what I don't know? I didn't make a public spectacle out of the person, I just ignored it and chalked it up to whatever. Out of the 30 or so PM's asking me the same question of who keeps neg repping everybody "---fag" I was actually quite surprised and could easily answer them all now. I care very much about this community and most everybody here. I could easily call the person out on it and really disgrace and discredit them, but it's one of those things. I have certain responsibilities and as much as I despise that type of behavior, its an anonymous system and will remain as such.

It's actually quite sad coming from this person who goes around acting like a friend to everyone and yet at the same time behind their backs calls them derogatory comments. My point is most of us don't go around neg repping for the hell of it calling people derogatory names and not having the balls to sign it. Most of us when we get neg repped chalk it up and let it slide.

Yes I neg repped you Miko and I signed mine. You encouraged a member to harm this company and it was deserved in my opinion. Not only that but then you went and posted all about it on another site. How is that showing your love for AD? Encouraging another member to SPAM our forum and steal our customers? The same company that sends out thousands of dollars worth of free gifts to you and others. The same company that conducted an auction for you to help offset the cost of a family tragedy.

Frustration is one thing, but you crossed the line in that instance and as such I neg repped you for it.

So Androtics is going through something and I would love nothing more than to tell you what, but I can't. This is my job and while you may not care about yours I do mine.

Steve works for Andortics. He got over 30 PM's from long-term, frequent customers stating frustration about the persistent neg repping. He then sees the same guy who's been doing the repping referring people to other sites and he neg reps Mikoto for it. And Mikoto think's that was harsh on him? Sarcastic hand Even in the above post where Steve dose expose Mikto, he's clearly biting his tongue.

After Mikoto got his neg rep he then makes it look as if Steve - and by implication Androtics - rules with an iron fist, coming down strong on anyone who mildly steps out of line. Truth is he's been niggling away subtlety until finally Steve does something about it, he then comes here and goes "I love that company, I was only trying to help, look what big mean Steve did to me, blah blah blah Cry" It's very sly. I wish he'd man up and admit to whatever he was trying to achieve with his neg repping rather than play the dumb, nice guy all the time. He clearly must've had some agenda behind the constant neg reps but so far he's just avoiding it and playing dumb. Whatever, the guy can swivel.

Quote:I am disturbed that Pherotruth is somehow seen as the place to come and complain about Pherotalk. I understand why people do so.

I'm sorry about that Renny and I understand that it looks like I only come here for a fight. That isn't the case - I requested my Pherotalk account be disabled because of Mikoto's constant neg reps so I just thought I raise it with him face to face. With the exception of Mikoto I think you guys here are great and I apologise for brining the tone down for the second time now. I'll leave it now. Sorry.
05-14-2010 10:50 AM
Thanks given by Pagodeiro
Gegogi
Yikes! Cupcakes 'n Bondage

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 26
Thanks received:
94 thanks in 51 posts

05-14-2010 11:00 AM

Damn! You guys need some sunlight!

Ah don't wanna pickle...just wanna ride mah motosickle! Twisted
05-14-2010 11:00 AM
Thanks given by Snoopyace, renny, Sillykitty, Bella
Alphonse
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
6 thanks in 3 posts

05-14-2010 11:39 AM

(05-14-2010 10:50 AM)WildFlower Wrote:  ... had received a $1000 dollar gift certificate or two from Androtics ...

OK, who do I have to sleep with to get me some of those?

A.
05-14-2010 11:39 AM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 29
Thanks received:
94 thanks in 62 posts

05-14-2010 1:22 PM

Take this shit to PMs guys. Really, there's nothing important about forum reputations. Give it a rest. Personally, I don't think any higher or lower of either of you because of this thread, so save your energy and put it towards something productive/that makes you happier.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
05-14-2010 1:22 PM
Thanks given by mikotorocks714, Bella, esmeralda

Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
219 thanks in 162 posts

05-14-2010 2:19 PM

Thank you for the explaination but I agree its done and over lets not repeat it.

In the middle of all this we missed the post with snoop pointing out the announcement Jasmin made.

It explains a lot of what has been going on and what to expect and it really is a breath of fresh air even though its not exactly good news. It will give people more of a understanding as to why all the delays and out of stock items. I was happy that she shared what she could.
05-14-2010 2:19 PM
Thanks given by renny, mikotorocks714
yetis
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks received:
6 thanks in 4 posts

05-18-2010 2:07 PM

Well, Steve phoned me and we talked to each other. It's all ok, and i am very pleased.
Best service! Five Stars ***** :good3:

My Arsenal:
- A314, Instant Openness 2x, IH 4x, IS 4x, Ammunition 1x, Tuth, IG, IJ,CTTM2, Molecule A & C
- Wolf, Aqua Vitae un, Nude un, Possess, Passion
- Chikara, 3x NPA 10ml, SOE, Alter Ego, Perception, EoW-Copulins, Liquid Trust, Pheromax, P6, Contact18, Manesty's, Legend
- A-none, A-rone, B-rone, A-stanone, A-nol, B-nol, A-1, Est, Estradiol, DHEA-s
05-18-2010 2:07 PM

Share This Thread