Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vitamin E may be new boon for liver disease
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks received:
36 thanks in 26 posts

Vitamin E may be new boon for liver disease
04-28-2010 8:24 PM

People with a common, obesity-related liver disease that has no known treatment got a surprising benefit from vitamin E pills,

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
04-28-2010 8:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

PapaWolf
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks received:
65 thanks in 44 posts

RE: Vitamin E may be new boon for liver disease
04-28-2010 11:10 PM

Hmmm.... that's odd.... Since I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes my doctor has been keeping a very close eye on my vitamin e because he said it can cause a potasium build up that will destroy my liver...

I have decided to change my lifestyle. I will now live my life in such a way that when I roll out of bed every morning, the second my feet hit the ground, God and Satan will both say "Oh shit, he's awake!!!"
04-28-2010 11:10 PM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
282 thanks in 363 posts

04-28-2010 11:18 PM

(04-28-2010 11:10 PM)PapaWolf Wrote:  Hmmm.... that's odd.... Since I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes my doctor has been keeping a very close eye on my vitamin e because he said it can cause a potasium build up that will destroy my liver...

Diabetes causes your body to metabolize things differently ( even from people who have liver diseases). I think it just really throws your system out of wack, when your body is in a position where it might have to dump sugar out thru your urinery tract.
04-28-2010 11:18 PM
PapaWolf
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks received:
65 thanks in 44 posts

04-29-2010 7:06 AM

(04-28-2010 11:18 PM)Beccah1 Wrote:  Diabetes causes your body to metabolize things differently ( even from people who have liver diseases). I think it just really throws your system out of wack, when your body is in a position where it might have to dump sugar out thru your urinery tract.

Yeah... I knew that hehe for some reason my full post didn't get posted LOL.... I might have cut part of it by mistake before I hit the post button... The rest of my post was this:

I read this part of the article:

"The vitamin and drug were tested because earlier research suggested liver cell deterioration and insulin resistance might be involved in the development of the disease."

And wonder if they've even thought to look at whether diabetes might be a factor in this disease. They mention insulin resistance but not diabetes specifically....

I have decided to change my lifestyle. I will now live my life in such a way that when I roll out of bed every morning, the second my feet hit the ground, God and Satan will both say "Oh shit, he's awake!!!"
04-29-2010 7:06 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cure For Almost Any Blood Borne Disease? mark-in-dallas 1 968 06-20-2010 2:02 PM
Last Post: zeph