Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Vit d3 good or bad?
Scissorburst
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Vit d3 good or bad?
02-02-2018 10:41 AM

(02-02-2018 8:34 AM)RTBoss Wrote:  Interesting article. Good for the heart, especially following a myocardial infarction?

thanks for the useful link. reps for you.

I love it when a plan comes together
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 10:42 AM by Scissorburst.)
02-02-2018 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
justintime469
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

02-26-2018 4:30 PM

a few years back when I broke my leg the doctor prescribed D2 50K IU once a week to help speed up the process of the bone healing and he made me do lab tests every so often every week or 2 can`t remember now. Funny thing is that year I did not get sick once in the winter months when wife and kid were sick all the time, and doing some research it is somehow connecting to a lot of things like the immune system.

I switch some of my supplements around from a summer set to more a winter set and the reason is the immune system mainly needs more support during this time and there is not enough light and I wear a long sleeve shirt most of the time to protect my skin, so there is not as much Vitamin D I believe. I take 2000IU in a soft gel once a day with no issues at all. I should have the doctor check how much I have in my system because D along with A and K are fat soluble which means to much is not good for you unlike say C where it is water soluble and your body can easily get rid of the excess.
02-26-2018 4:30 PM
LieutenantMones
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

02-27-2018 3:12 AM

Vitamin D3, as already stated, is involved in many different metabolic processes. Maybe your problem is tha you're not taking other vitamins and minerals that are involved in the same metabolic pathways.

I make hundreds of really tiny kidney stones a month, I take vitamin D alone then after a few days I make a lot more and end up pissing grit for a few days.

However, if I take vitamin K2 and Boron as well, it really reduces my symptoms. This is probably because they're all part of the bone metabolic pathways and have roles in the utilisation of calcium.
02-27-2018 3:12 AM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

02-27-2018 5:19 AM

(02-27-2018 3:12 AM)LieutenantMones Wrote:  Maybe your problem is tha you're not taking other vitamins and minerals that are involved in the same metabolic pathways.

Excellent point. When supplementing vit D3, the most overlooked nutrient is magnesium; the body's need for mag will increase when supplementing vit D3.

This is why many people can experience some heart problems, if they are already deficient in mag. Mag is a necessary nutrient to keep a regular heartbeat as well as maintaining a normal blood pressure. Moreover, magnesium helps keep calcium in suspension rather precipitating out as stones, grit. Magnesium is nature's calcium channel blocker. It is a catalyst for at least 300 chemical reactions in our body including hormone production.

Good forms to take that won't cause loose stools...mag glycinate, mag gluconate, mag lactobionate, mag taurate (the taurine is helpful particularly if someone has heart rhythm problems) as examples, but the only form that directly crosses the blood brain barrier is magnesium threonate....great for relaxation.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2018 5:35 AM by TheManInTheFedora.)
02-27-2018 5:19 AM

Share This Thread