Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vetiver Type by The Fragrance Shop
Snoopyace
The Love God

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thumbs Up Vetiver Type by The Fragrance Shop
06-09-2017 8:06 AM

I'd gotten a sample of Vetiver type from The Fragrance shop a month or so ago, stuck it in a drawer and promptly forgot I'd ever received it. Last night I found it back and decided to give it a go with my unscented The Hookup. Being that this is a free sample vial it is even smaller than the normal 14 day trial vials that they sell. These tiny samples seem to be much more concentrated than the normal oils they sell because I used three swipes from the tiny wand on one hand and then spread the oil to the other and the sides of my neck. I can still smell the Vetiver scent about 13+ hours later.

I've owned (I believe) 3 bottles of Original Vetiver since it came out so I am familiar with the green soapiness that is OV. This reproduction comes very close. It isn't quite as soapy on the drydown but it is slightly more spicy. Very enjoyable scent that I could also see being very work safe. I used to work in a very office cubical farm meerkat type environment and got many compliments on the original scent.

Starts out very green with a hint of ambergris (likely ambroxan) and dries down to a slightly woody, more spicy green scent with a hint of soapiness. I plan on getting a regular oil bottle of this because I think it could be an excellent scent for when I want to smell great but I don't want all noses pointed in my direction.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
06-09-2017 8:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: Vetiver Type by The Fragrance Shop
06-09-2017 9:56 AM

Thanks for the description on the TFS version. Good to know in the future. I have heard that both OV and Mugler cologne are practically duplicates of one another:

On the topic of sexy, one popular perfume blog that I follow says that he has worn a whole plethora of different frags at work...but, the only time that women really gave him overt compliments was when he wore OV. Check it his blog:

As always thanks for the informative posts.
06-09-2017 9:56 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

06-09-2017 10:02 AM

Awesome review site! Thanks! Just to keep things on topic: I bet that Mugler would make a great The Hookup cover scent. I know that OV sure is! Party

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
06-09-2017 10:02 AM
HappyGoSkillfully
Serious Poster

Rep Post

06-30-2017 9:42 AM

I'M guessing the OV you are talking about is Creed. When I bought my GIT and Bois du Portugal in Paris last Summer, I milked those little hotties working there for as many samples as I could get. OV was one of them and yes it is very nice.

I will say this though. TFS's Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford is really nice. I've not smelled Ford's original version, but TFS's smells fantastically clean.
06-30-2017 9:42 AM

Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

06-30-2017 9:48 AM

(06-30-2017 9:42 AM)HappyGoSkillfully Wrote:  I'M guessing the OV you are talking about is Creed. When I bought my GIT and Bois du Portugal in Paris last Summer, I milked those little hotties working there for as many samples as I could get. OV was one of them and yes it is very nice.

I will say this though. TFS's Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford is really nice. I've not smelled Ford's original version, but TFS's smells fantastically clean.

Yes, talking about Creed. I agree with your assessment of Grey Vetiver. I have a TFS bottle in my car that I have for times I want to stink pretty and left the house stink free. Even sitting in the hot car, it has kept its fragrance qualities. Also, women really seem to enjoy it's clean, green, soapiness.

06-30-2017 9:48 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Fragrance Shop - Sillage KIMBA 24 10,559 11-13-2018 11:56 PM
Last Post: Snoopyace
Thumbs Up The Fragrance Shop- Bois du Portugal type Snoopyace 10 2,255 09-23-2018 6:25 AM
Last Post: TheManInTheFedora
  The Fragrance Shop dorfmeister 33 12,854 05-07-2018 9:27 PM
Last Post: HappyGoSkillfully
  The Fragrance Shop- Molecule 01 Snoopyace 17 3,960 09-28-2017 2:41 PM
Last Post: Snoopyace
  The Fragrance Shop Body Spritz... Snoopyace 59 19,757 07-19-2017 1:26 PM
Last Post: metaltree