Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Vapers check in!
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Vapers check in!
09-25-2009 5:48 AM

Is it bad that my first "content" post here isn't about Pheromones?

A few of us from the old digs-- myself, SillyKitty, and Denec (is he here?), among others are/were former smokers who turned to electronic cigarettes, or "personal vaporizers" as a replacement to satisfy the nicotine without all the garbage in regular cigarettes. We had a nice long thread going where we shared our experiences with various e-cigs and nicotine liquids, so I thought I'd carry it over here. Maybe if there's a smoker or two out there who might be interested in a safer, odor-free, cleaner alternative that feels almost like smoking, we can pass on a little ejumacation about these babies.

The act of using a personal vaporizer or "e-cig" is known as "vaping", since the smoke-like substance produced by the device is actually a liquid vapor produced by a liquid compound that contains nicotine, flavoring, and glycerine or propylene glycol. This liquid is also referred to as "smoke juice" or just "juice". There is a community online that's got everything you've ever wanted to know about these devices and more at .

Anyway, I've been using an e-cig for over 4 months now and love it to death! If anyone out there is into this or if you're interested in finding out more, post away!

-D4
09-25-2009 5:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Vapers check in!
09-30-2009 3:35 AM

Hi Data

I remember that thread. So how is that going for you, Did it really work ? Can you stop doing the vaporizing now or do you need that forever ?

I wish I could get my husband to do it but he just looked at me like I was nuttier then normal when I mentioned it.

Sillykitty is a member but I know she has been a little busy lately. Denec isnt yet but I am sure he will find us eventually.

Tisha
09-30-2009 3:35 AM
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Rep Post

09-30-2009 5:03 AM

(09-25-2009 5:48 AM)Data4 Wrote:  Is it bad that my first "content" post here isn't about Pheromones?

No, it's not bad...lol. You're smokin' no matter what you post!

I know you want the nicotine w/o the rest of the poisons they add to cigs. So it must be the behavior of smoking you like or you'd be chewing nicotine gum, right? You'd still get the nicotine high though not the pleasure of puffing. Can you say...oral fixation? Hey, I'm not knocking it! It's a great alternative. I'm not sure but I think it's gotta be a lot cheaper than buying cigarettes. Another incentive to try it.

So, were you breast or bottle fed? [Image: 23.gif] [Image: 13.gif]

...and do you see others vaping or do you vape alone? What I really wanna know is, aside from the fact that it's safer than smoking cigs...is it worth the ritual preparation and maintenance?

Bella
09-30-2009 5:03 AM
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-04-2009 8:14 PM

Tisha- It's going good! I've got my mother interested in it, so I'm trying out a few models to see what would be best for her. I took it with me on a trip home back in June and she tried and liked it. As for me, I haven't had a real cigarette since April, with the exception of 2 mishaps when I let my battery die. Doh! Interestingly enough, the real cigarettes tasted horrible to me. Check your local mall to see if there's a kiosk set up selling them. They generally offer a sample to try out. Maybe if your hubby actually tried it, he'd change his tune.

Bella- It's the total package that I'm addicted to, I suppose. The oral fixation, the smoke, etc. I tried patches and gum, but they didn't work for me. I still missed the other actions associated with smoking. With an e-cig, my actions haven't change, just the tools in which to perform them. I see it as a smoking alternative rather than a quitting aid, as I enjoy the effects of nicotine. My only reason for ever wanting to quit smoking was the health aspects and to not smell like an ashtray, because I otherwise enjoyed them.

And no... I wasn't breastfed. That's probably why I'm such a sucker for breasts (pun most definitely intended). Gotta make up for it somewhere, right? Big Grin

There are a few people out in my local wilds that vape. On my flight home from Georgia in June, I found out the guy sitting next to me was a vaper, but he was too paranoid to use it on the plane. He noticed me sneaking it about 30 minutes from Seattle and was all "Dude! You can use that on here?" I told him I didn't know, but since no fire or smoke is involved and the vapor dissipates in your lungs if you hold it in, it was no harm, no foul.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2009 8:16 PM by Data4.)
10-04-2009 8:14 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

10-05-2009 4:28 AM

Does the vapor have nicotine in it ? I am not sure but I dont think its the actual action of smoking that has my hubby addicted but the nicotine. He tried quiting a few times and turned into a lunatic. He mentioned trying to quit again because in CT the tax has gone up 3 times in the last year. Its something like $8 a pack here which is a lot when you think about it. Is using vapor more expensive then that ?

1 pack a day = $8
weekly = $56
yearly = $2688.00

Holy crap, Thats more then I thought. [Image: eek.gif]

Tisha
10-05-2009 4:28 AM

Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-06-2009 4:00 AM

(10-05-2009 4:28 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Does the vapor have nicotine in it ? I am not sure but I dont think its the actual action of smoking that has my hubby addicted but the nicotine. He tried quiting a few times and turned into a lunatic. He mentioned trying to quit again because in CT the tax has gone up 3 times in the last year. Its something like $8 a pack here which is a lot when you think about it. Is using vapor more expensive then that ?

1 pack a day = $8
weekly = $56
yearly = $2688.00

Holy crap, Thats more then I thought. [Image: eek.gif]

Tisha

Yeah, it adds up for sure. I've got a banner in my signature over at the e-cig forum that tabulates how much I've saved since quitting. I'm up to almost $800. I've spent maybe $400 on ecigs and supplies, but the bulk of that is finding the right one for me. I think I've got it, so the recurring costs will just be in replacing the liquid. I use up about $20 worth every two weeks or so, so the savings is pretty drastic.

The liquids do contain nicotine in various levels. They range from 36mg nicotine per milliliter, which is equivalent to a strong filterless cigarette, on down to 0 nicotine. I use 24mg liquid which is roughly equal to a full flavor filtered cigarette, i.e. Marlboro red. If you want to read up on it, check out for just about everything you could possibly want to know about them, including reviews (both video demos and text writeups) of models, various liquids, and accessories.

As of the time of this post, they're doing a server move and the forum is down, but it should be back up by Tuesday afternoon or so. Of course, if you want to just ask me, I can try my best to answer any questions you might have, but the e-cigarette forum is a lot like Pherotalk in it's heyday with the massive amounts of information available.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2009 4:00 AM by Data4.)
10-06-2009 4:00 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Check out this 'mones book I bought! SuperJoy 2 2,343 06-05-2015 6:28 PM
Last Post: SuperJoy
  Check Out This Awesome Magician MagicMan 9 6,155 02-28-2012 12:08 AM
Last Post: MagicMan