Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Unbiased News Source?
metaltree

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Unbiased News Source?
03-14-2022 9:33 PM

I've been searching for a non-political news source out there but I can't find one. Every single news source in the entire world that I can find either has a pro-Trump bias or an anti-Trump bias. There is not a single news source in the entire world that can't report the news without showing an obvious love or hate for the former president.

If anyone knows of any news source anywhere in the world that reports straight news without political bias, please post here! Don't post a link to one of the websites that lists "unbiases" news source. All the new sources they list are biased one way or another!

I miss the good old days when Reuters and Associated Press could be counted on for news instead of opinion. Those days are long gone. Sad
03-14-2022 9:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
metaltree

Rep Post

RE: Unbiased News Source?
03-14-2022 9:45 PM

I might have found one. I looked through the news on this site quickly and I could not find anything political!
03-14-2022 9:45 PM
metaltree

Rep Post

03-14-2022 10:25 PM

Slashdot has a separate subdomain for politics.

Their regular site seems to be free of politics but I didn't dig deep enough to know for sure. Hopefully no assholes will try to post political content in the non-political section.
03-14-2022 10:25 PM
metaltree

Rep Post

04-06-2022 9:21 AM

So, I've been looking for a couple of weeks.

Conclusion
There is no news source anywhere in the world that is politically neutral anymore. Every single news source I have looked at has been corrupted by left wing or right wing politics.
04-06-2022 9:21 AM
RussianWolf

Rep Post

04-06-2022 11:30 AM

Yes you're right. When is the last time you heard any news about Libya, Syria, Yemen, Iraq or the Palestinians?

Or about anything that truly matters?

You want to know the truth, but then when it's given to you; you don't know what to do with it.
04-06-2022 11:30 AM

metaltree

Rep Post

04-06-2022 12:13 PM

(04-06-2022 11:30 AM)RussianWolf Wrote:  Yes you're right. When is the last time you heard any news about Libya, Syria, Yemen, Iraq or the Palestinians?

Or about anything that truly matters?

Rarely.

I would think if someone started a politically neutral news outlet or newspaper that focused on reporting news, it would become very popular. But how to stop it from being corrupted?
04-06-2022 12:13 PM
WereWolf666
Serious Poster

Rep Post

04-06-2022 4:40 PM

Believe me or not but the most neutral source of information I found was russian, called RTFrance but I think they have news in most language, though recently they got censored, VPN needed. Neutral source are usualy censored or bashed because they appear out of order with the new norm. Neutral source of information are disapearing, people don't even know what neutral means anymore.
But to think about it, purely neutral doesn't really exist in my opinion, we all have a bit of opinion getting in the way. I was watching a french channel today, the host is great but was trying hard to be nice to guys who favors vaccination a bit too much so in the end not being neutral toward guys who has the opposite views, all of that because our nations are heavily pro vaccination, so there is a big non neutral approach just because people fear to be judge if they are neutral because some views are considered not "OK" to have. And to think about it, the Russian news system was leaning toward western opinion a bit too much, so not 100% neutral either, I think they do that to not appear too pro Russia and in the end losing a bit of neutrality, but they had to follow the law of the country, so maybe that was the reason why, if the the law isn't neutral they can't do anything about it (here it was France law)
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2022 4:45 PM by WereWolf666.)
04-06-2022 4:40 PM
metaltree

Rep Post

04-06-2022 6:51 PM

Yup. I guess ideological echo chambers will be here for the foreseeable future.

Fewer and fewer people have the capacity to think for themselves. It will only get worse.
04-06-2022 6:51 PM

Share This Thread