Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toxicology
Gone with the Wind
Pheromone Wraith

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Toxicology
11-14-2009 12:07 PM

(11-13-2009 11:04 AM)Diane999 Wrote:  ...I laugh about that... if it will effect people in a 10-20 foot radius from you... it had better also have effect on the person at ground zero. If it doesn't, it is just hype.

And if the majority of users don't get any self effects, that to me means that the majority of others exposed to those molecules, ipso facto, also won't be effected...

An information-focused model readily explains lack of self effects while effects on others still remain, while a purely pharmaceutical model makes such phenomena difficult to understand, as noted above.

Experiments with vision have been done which show the brain readily filters out constant or not useful stiumlus. For instance, someone can be given tinted goggles, and after a time will no longer perceive the tint. Colors look normal. The brain reinterprets the stimulus and no longer reports or consciously registers the tint. Similar experiments can be done with goggles that invert the visual image. After an adaptation period the brain reinterprets the image and everything seems normal.

I suspect that the lack of self effects in most users applying pheromone products, or the more commonly reported brief self effects which dissappear after repeated use, is due to the brain learning to interpret and disregard the information being fed to it. The person wearing the pheromone product is continually exposed to an unchanging background stimulus providing little useful information, whereas others get brief and intermittent exposures, that provide apparently useful information about the source of the stimulus.

Gone with the Wind

<p align="center">Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate. Bodhi svaha!</p>
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2009 12:17 PM by Gone with the Wind.)
11-14-2009 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Diane999
Banned for Violations

11-14-2009 12:31 PM

(11-14-2009 12:07 PM)Gone with the Wind Wrote:  An information-focused model readily explains lack of self effects while effects on others still remain, while a purely pharmaceutical model makes such phenomena difficult to understand, as noted above.

Experiments with vision have been done which show the brain readily filters out constant or not useful stiumlus. For instance, someone can be given tinted goggles, and after a time will no longer perceive the tint. Colors look normal. The brain reinterprets the stimulus and no longer reports or consciously registers the tint. Similar experiments can be done with goggles that invert the visual image. After an adaptation period the brain reinterprets the image and everything seems normal.

I suspect that the lack of self effects in most users applying pheromone products, or the more commonly reported brief self effects which dissappear after repeated use, is due to the brain learning to interpret and disregard the information being fed to it. The person wearing the pheromone product is continually exposed to an unchanging background stimulus providing little useful information, whereas others get brief and intermittent exposures, that provide apparently useful information about the source of the stimulus.

Both visual and pheromonal changes can also be explained physiologically. Adaptation, including rapid adaptation, is a well known phenomena. But both of these are a change from the ground state.

Pheromonally, that means you responded at one time to it... and then the response lessened and stopped.

But in adaptation, even visually, when you stop the stimulus for long enough for the ground state to re-establish itself, the effects are fresh again to the stimulus. The same holds true for pheromones.

When I talk about lack of effects, I'm talking about zero effects from spray one on... not adaptation.

Diane
11-14-2009 12:31 PM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

01-15-2010 2:15 PM

In keeping with your toxicology topic. I would like to pose the question. Why are there no warnings about pheromone usage combined with alcohol? I've dabbled with Realm since 2003, then really began using pheromones last year. In my experience with any pheromone combination, the effects of alcohol have been amplified. To the point where I experienced a 'black out' drunk episode. I've since learned that I can drink small- to moderate amounts of alcohol. Which makes for a cheap date for my husband, when we go out. Anyone else experienced this ? If so, do you think pheromone sites should have a disclaimer for the general public?
01-15-2010 2:15 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

01-15-2010 2:35 PM

Pheromones do not carry warnings about interactions with alcohol or drugs because the scientific studies of effects of interactions of pheromones with these has not been done. Most, but not all, of the scientific community holds the belief that pheromones do not exist in the human spectrum. So, they have no research dollars allotted to this and no real reason to pursue it.

The FDA has no jurisdiction on requiring labeling of any kind because there are no studies to point to a need for it.

What pheromones have caused black out for you with alcohol consumption?

Diane
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2010 2:39 PM by Diane999.)
01-15-2010 2:35 PM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

01-15-2010 4:33 PM

<p>
(01-15-2010 2:35 PM)Diane999 Wrote:  Pheromones do not carry warnings about interactions with alcohol or drugs because the scientific studies of effects of interactions of pheromones with these has not been done. Most, but not all, of the scientific community holds the belief that pheromones do not exist in the human spectrum. So, they have no research dollars allotted to this and no real reason to pursue it. The FDA has no jurisdiction on requiring labeling of any kind because there are no studies to point to a need for it. What pheromones have caused black out for you with alcohol consumption? Diane
<br /><br />It was the full strength Ail's Heart &amp; Soul blend from LP. I do get nice effects when I'm not drinking. I just a drank a normal amount ( for when I go out). To be fair I would have been intoxicated regardless ( 4-1oz shots of vodka). That was the most extreme example. To a lesser extent I've experienced an increased intoxication level with every blend I wear. I'll list them individually:<br /><br />1. Heart &amp; Soul<br />2. Popularity Potion (Pharmacon)<br />3. Stone Cougar<br />4. P86<br />5.P74,P83 combo ( got a boosted sale bottle @ LP).<br />6.Like A Magnet<br />7.Dominance<br /><br />I know that they aren't FDA regulated, but they do affect brain function. I just want to get out there that there is a possibility of interaction.</p>
01-15-2010 4:33 PM

Share This Thread