Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
"To Go" Bottle Strategies
DarkLord1
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 11
Thanks received:
69 thanks in 23 posts

"To Go" Bottle Strategies
10-13-2012 12:08 PM

I've seen the sprayers, euro drop, and roll on bottles used to hold "To Go" amounts and special mixes.

1. I like the small 1ml vials (LAL sends them out). What is the best way to transfer product from the main bottle to one of these sample vials? Do you throw them out after using or is there a way to clean them?

2. Anyone have a favorite supplier?

3. Any general thoughts or suggestions you might have on "To Go" bottle strategies would be appreciated. I wondered about color coding to avoid labeling the bottles, for instance.

Background: I go to an all day work offsite and need to refresh my application points late in the day, but bringing an entire bottle won't work. Also, I go on a small business trip and would rather not pack the products, but have a few small 1ml vials with me. I also would carry witch hazel and other products in small vials to remove the product.
10-13-2012 12:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Goodlife
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 112
Thanks received:
100 thanks in 35 posts

RE: "To Go" Bottle Strategies
10-13-2012 12:51 PM

I'm not sure about #'s 2 and 3....i'm still new to this, but couldn't you just fill your dropper and use that to transfer it in the empty 1ml vial?
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2012 12:54 PM by Goodlife.)
10-13-2012 12:51 PM
Eeyore
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 41
Thanks received:
230 thanks in 72 posts

10-13-2012 7:46 PM

1. You can transfer by spraying one straight into the other, use a pipit or an eye dropper.

I clean and reuse. Fill with witch hazel, reassemble and spray, let sit for awhile. disassemble and soak in dish washing soap, rinse thoroughly.

2. I bought a bag of 3 mils. from SKS. that work well and use 1 mil. sample bottles from SteveO. that I clean and reuse

3. I use red tape for sexual, green tape for comfort, yellow tape for social. If scented I add a letter like A for Aventus.
10-13-2012 7:46 PM
Thanks given by DarkLord1
DarkLord1
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks received:
69 thanks in 23 posts

10-13-2012 8:39 PM

(10-13-2012 7:46 PM)Eeyore Wrote:  1. You can transfer by spraying one straight into the other, use a pipit or an eye dropper.

I clean and reuse. Fill with witch hazel, reassemble and spray, let sit for awhile. disassemble and soak in dish washing soap, rinse thoroughly.

2. I bought a bag of 3 mils. from SKS. that work well and use 1 mil. sample bottles from SteveO. that I clean and reuse

3. I use red tape for sexual, green tape for comfort, yellow tape for social. If scented I add a letter like A for Aventus.

Thanks, Eeyore...Do you use the small ziplock baggies too? If so, where do you get them? So you use a pipit to get the product in to the 1mil sample bottles?
(10-13-2012 12:51 PM)Goodlife Wrote:  I'm not sure about #'s 2 and 3....i'm still new to this, but couldn't you just fill your dropper and use that to transfer it in the empty 1ml vial?

The 1mil bottle openings are very small....Not sure how to do it with a dropper without spills.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2012 8:40 PM by DarkLord1.)
10-13-2012 8:39 PM
Eeyore
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 41
Thanks received:
230 thanks in 72 posts

10-13-2012 8:50 PM

I use the little ziplocks that came with my samples from Phero-XS, LA. and fragrance vendors in case of leaks.

A pipit is the only way I can get into a 1 mil. spray bottle without spilling and wasting product.
10-13-2012 8:50 PM

DarkLord1
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks received:
69 thanks in 23 posts

10-13-2012 9:04 PM

(10-13-2012 8:50 PM)Eeyore Wrote:  I use the little ziplocks that came with my samples from Phero-XS, LA. and fragrance vendors in case of leaks.

A pipit is the only way I can get into a 1 mil. spray bottle without spilling and wasting product.

Thanks, Eeyore...I like your strategy!
10-13-2012 9:04 PM
extraballislit
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1110
Thanks received:
317 thanks in 162 posts

10-14-2012 3:57 PM

Yes, definitelly you need a Pipette to transfer products into smaller vials.

I got myself a box of 50 2ml glas vials to keep my oils handy; transfer the oil using a platic pipette (lable the pipette so that you don´t use it with different products). I use them for Wolf, AV, NA and the like.

Also have ordered 10 sprayers (4 ml) for alcohol products, but are a bit too big for my like. They are like the ones Chris uses for samples, or the ones True uses as to go bottles. They are smaller than the usual 5 ml sprayers from Androtics, but still too big. So...

I have 5 x2ml sprayers on its way. I hope they are like the ones SteveO uses for saples, as seem very durable and accurate.

I prefer smaller sizes, so i can carry a bunch of them around and reapply as needed, or don´t waste product if i´m driving my bike and have to wear a helmet.

For lables, i use regular paper lables, with abreviated names for products. For wolf i write "W", "AV" for AV, CHS for Cohesion... and so and so.

I keep mu collection stocked in the basement, into plastic containers, and all the smaller vials in a couple of metal boxes that i keep at hand in a drawer.
10-14-2012 3:57 PM
DarkLord1
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks received:
69 thanks in 23 posts

10-14-2012 4:25 PM

(10-14-2012 3:57 PM)extraballislit Wrote:  Yes, definitelly you need a Pipette to transfer products into smaller vials.

I got myself a box of 50 2ml glas vials to keep my oils handy; transfer the oil using a platic pipette (lable the pipette so that you don´t use it with different products). I use them for Wolf, AV, NA and the like.

Also have ordered 10 sprayers (4 ml) for alcohol products, but are a bit too big for my like. They are like the ones Chris uses for samples, or the ones True uses as to go bottles. They are smaller than the usual 5 ml sprayers from Androtics, but still too big. So...

I have 5 x2ml sprayers on its way. I hope they are like the ones SteveO uses for saples, as seem very durable and accurate.

I prefer smaller sizes, so i can carry a bunch of them around and reapply as needed, or don´t waste product if i´m driving my bike and have to wear a helmet.

For lables, i use regular paper lables, with abreviated names for products. For wolf i write "W", "AV" for AV, CHS for Cohesion... and so and so.

I keep mu collection stocked in the basement, into plastic containers, and all the smaller vials in a couple of metal boxes that i keep at hand in a drawer.

Thanks, Extraballislit!
10-14-2012 4:25 PM

Share This Thread