Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time for some new fragrances
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 117
Thanks received:
597 thanks in 229 posts

RE: Time for some new fragrances
05-02-2010 1:30 PM

Still waiting on the samples to arrive from Love Potion, but I've had the chance to try out Acier Aluminum, Himalaya, Bois du Portugal, and Imperial Millesime (All by Creed); Le Male by JPG, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Musc Ravageur by Malle, Paco Rabanne XS, and Chanel Antaeus.

The ones that stand out for me are Imperial Millesime, Himalaya, and XS. They're all of the fresh, citrus or aquatic category that seems well suited to warmer temps. However, I have to also give a nod to the evening wear possibilities of Musc Ravageur, Tobacco Vanille, and Bois du Portugal. I'll probably get a full sized bottle of one of the first three, and some decants of the latter three to have on hand for special evening occasions.

Snoopy, I forgot to get a sample of OV, but you're right about Himalaya. It's definitely a sibling of GIT, but I can see it standing on its own just fine. Now, let me suggest to you to do yourself a favor and get a sample of Imperial Millesime. Of all the ones I've got, this is the one I keep swiping a clean spot on my arm with the vial dipstick and sniffing every few minutes. It opens with an obviously aquatic flavor, with hints of salt air over a blend of citrus and melon, then dries down to a softer base of wood, a little musk, and leather. I've said it in the shoutbox here and over at PT-- the stuff literally smells like money. At first I said "freshly minted", but now I see it as money that's been in circulation, tucked in wallets made of fine Italian leather. There's just something about this scent that gives off a rich and powerful vibe to the wearer. It was supposedly designed for an anonymous monarch, and if that's true, Oliver Creed knocked this one out of the park.
05-02-2010 1:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 117
Thanks received:
597 thanks in 229 posts

05-14-2010 3:17 AM

Finally got my samples from Love Potion. I ordered Boddice Ripper, Legend, Pendragon, and Love Potion#9.

Pendragon smells kind of like a body wash. It's not unpleasant, though not something I can see as a worn fragrance. This is just from sniffing the vial, so I'm not sure how it would bloom on my skin.

Legend is a similar scent, but I think the Charisma blend tweaks it a bit to smell less soapy and it gives it a muskiness. Once again, sniffed from the vial.

Love Potion#9 also has a soapiness to it, but there's some spice, too. Cinnamon, maybe?

Boddice Ripper, however... Oh yes, this one's good. Really good. It's a man's fragrance through and through. I know it's violet, amber, sandalwood, and spice, but the combination of it initially gives off a patchouli vibe. Now, generally, I hate patchouli, but the effect doesn't last long with BR, as it starts to mellow into its component parts. This one is looking like a keeper. The is the only one I've tried on my skin thus far.

Love Potion also through in an assortment of samples that I'll need to go through. I noticed UN and Excalibur, which have been mentioned here before. At the time I sniffed them, my nose was already overloaded, so maybe tomorrow I'll give them a fresh sniff. I'm also going to give the other 3 samples above a fair on-skin test this weekend.
05-14-2010 3:17 AM
Snoopyace

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2809
Thanks received:
3794 thanks in 1613 posts

05-14-2010 6:49 PM

If you like Boddice ripper, you would probably like Black Candy. Sort of a floral take on Licorice that gets me lots of compliments from women. It is actually on clearance right how for $14.95 (I'd thought about picking up another bottle).

I couldn't believe how differently the scents from Love Potion behaved on my skin as opposed to in the bottle. Most of the scents I was really less than thrilled with in the bottle but when I tried them on, wow! Great stuff!

"The bill comes due. Always!" To take umbrage

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Razz
05-14-2010 6:49 PM

JAYCEE
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 252
Thanks received:
415 thanks in 207 posts

06-11-2010 1:10 PM

Aramis Surface is the best summer scent ever IMO. It blows away CW and AdG.

The problem is, it's discontinued and it fetches a high premium when you can find it. 3.4oz bottles list on ebay for over $200.

If you know of a good copycat fragrance seller, see if they have a knock off of Surface. If it's close to the real thing, you'll love it!
06-11-2010 1:10 PM
Vaccine
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks received:
64 thanks in 18 posts

06-18-2010 9:57 PM

Data4, you have selected some nice scents.

Here's my take and a bunch of suggestions I hope you might like.

Himalaya is nice, not my favorite, but nice. Bois du Portugal is fan-fucking-tastic, but I feel that I have to be dressed properly to wear it. Seriously.

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille is top notch and I get a lot of compliments on, as I do Musc Ravageur. Which is somewhat kind of (maybe) similar to Tauer's L'air du Desert Marocain. I suggest you get the sampler of Tauer colognes for $20, shipped. Totally worth it. Get them Since you like one Malle scent, check out French Lover.

Some of these colognes are very expensive, so if you like a sample, but can't commit to buying a $100-$250 bottle, check out where you can buy a decant of these costly fragrances for a lot less. For instance, a Bois du Portugal 10ml decant would cost about $22 plus shipping. Not bad.

I have a good collection going. Check out Montale, they make amazing scents and the sillage of every scent I have tried is among the best. I have their Black Aoud, White Aoud and Red Vetyer.

I also suggest YSL M7. Inexpensive for a bottle and really good.

Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey is not that expensive and also worth trying.

I like Escentric Molecules Molecule 01, it is very simple and reminds me of cedar.

A nice every day is Herrera for Men, by Carolina Herrera.

Tierry Mugler's A-Men is good, but sweet, so I have to be in the mood for it.

Since the list is getting long, I'll end with Amouage. I have samples of most every scent for men and my favorite is Dia, followed by Reflection. Top notch perfumer, top dollar prices.

From this, you'd think I wear cologne all the time. I don't. But when I do, it's something good. I like what I wear and I get lots of compliments and more than a few people commented recently how "I always smell good". With the availability of decants, you can try a lot of expensive scents for cheap.
06-18-2010 9:57 PM
Pheroman
ManSLut

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4814
Thanks received:
3953 thanks in 1469 posts

11-19-2011 8:53 PM

Where is the best online store to buy real Creed products?

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...8#pid36108
11-19-2011 8:53 PM
ohhmygod
Hey Angel U Duh Sexy!

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 837
Thanks received:
520 thanks in 260 posts

11-19-2011 11:28 PM

[Image: 2d3nzo.png]

MY JOURNAL
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-A-Kangaroo-...n=lastpost
11-19-2011 11:28 PM

Pheroman
ManSLut

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4814
Thanks received:
3953 thanks in 1469 posts

11-20-2011 4:50 AM

Much cheaper on Amazon, they are way too expensive.
Those sites themselves sell cheaper on Amazon than their own sites.

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...8#pid36108
11-20-2011 4:50 AM

Share This Thread