Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Ratings.
gentlmentlemen
RED SPY IS IN THE BASE

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 128
Thanks received:
37 thanks in 25 posts

Thread Ratings.
03-13-2012 2:04 PM

This is a question and potentially a suggestion.

Do the threads' ratings from other users show up? Because all I see are my own ratings...

I thought the rating system would be a sort of voting system used by all the members and displayed for all the members. Is it just for personal use and rating?

If so then I would suggest that it be changed to show up for all the users so they can quickly see what other users thought of threads.

If it is already set up that way... why doesn't anyone rate the threads?

My Journal [Image: 120px-Intel_red_idle.png]
03-13-2012 2:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

jla734
jla734

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks received:
20 thanks in 14 posts

RE: Thread Ratings.
03-20-2012 12:59 PM

(03-13-2012 2:04 PM)gentlmentlemen Wrote:  This is a question and potentially a suggestion.

Do the threads' ratings from other users show up? Because all I see are my own ratings...

I thought the rating system would be a sort of voting system used by all the members and displayed for all the members. Is it just for personal use and rating?

If so then I would suggest that it be changed to show up for all the users so they can quickly see what other users thought of threads.

If it is already set up that way... why doesn't anyone rate the threads?
Too funny I was just wondering the same thing.For example I am interested in the Spellboundrx so I ranked the thread high as I felt that I would be able to follow the topic better that way?
03-20-2012 12:59 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1822
Thanks received:
4760 thanks in 1968 posts

03-20-2012 5:43 PM

Ratings shouild be averaged and displayed to everryone, but personally I never rate threads, and I'm guessing most others don't eitrher.

To follow threads it's best to subscribe to them and follow them in your user CP, or get email notifications when new replies are posted.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
03-20-2012 5:43 PM
Thanks given by gentlmentlemen
gentlmentlemen
RED SPY IS IN THE BASE

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 128
Thanks received:
37 thanks in 25 posts

03-23-2012 10:19 PM

(03-20-2012 5:43 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Ratings shouild be averaged and displayed to everryone, but personally I never rate threads, and I'm guessing most others don't eitrher.

To follow threads it's best to subscribe to them and follow them in your user CP, or get email notifications when new replies are posted.

Ya I wasn't so much using them to follow them, but I figured it would be a good way to differentiate between the threads. Especially between hot threads. That way one can tell if they're hot just because, if they are hot because of bad or off-topic conversation, or most importantly if the threads are amazing works in the "must-read" category. To me I feel they could be more useful/more used, but then again if they are only rarely used I suppose it increases their value when many users do actually rate things, so either way I guess.

Thanks for clearing it up Mark.

My Journal [Image: 120px-Intel_red_idle.png]
03-23-2012 10:19 PM

Share This Thread