Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Wedding Registry
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1000
Thanks received:
2703 thanks in 1237 posts

The Wedding Registry
07-24-2012 8:16 AM

OK, this went to far. I don't know that I could think of anything more arrogant selfish and greedy than asking a young couple just getting started in life to ask their family and Friends to donate to a presidential campaign and show their support on their big day, in lieu of receiving gifts.

And, apparently I'm not alone, as the New York Times says the request was a total failure.

I didn't like Bush and the way he flaunted not giving a shit about what the American people or our elected Congress wanted, and thought he was an arrogant self absorbed prick, but in my opinion Obama's latest stunt in asking young couples to forgo things to help them get a start on their lives together was extremely arrogant and selfish!

In todays economy, which both Bush and Obama manged to FUBAR, it's hard enough for most newly married couple, asking them to give up gifts that can help make it a bit easier went way to far.

Quote:Register with Obama 2012
Got a special milestone or event coming up?

Instead of another gift card you’ll forget to use, ask your friends and family for something that will go a little further: a donation to Obama for America. Register your next celebration—whether it’s a birthday, bar or bat mitzvah, wedding, or anniversary—with the Obama campaign. It’s a great way to show your support for a cause that’s important to you on your big day.

Just log in or sign up to build and customize your page—and congratulations!

Link to Obama's website and request:

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

A guilty conscience can be more cruel a judge than any court of law. In the end its not how many toys we had, and all that we ever were is the impressions we left on those we leave behind.

Live life as you want to be remembered when you're gone!
07-24-2012 8:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What's a good wedding present? JAYCEE 12 804 03-05-2012 3:30 PM
Last Post: tascov