Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

The Power of Suggestion
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

The Power of Suggestion
01-08-2010 5:19 AM

"Suggestion is the name given to the psychological process by which one person may guide the thoughts, feelings or behaviors of another." (1) Imbedded in this definition is a power dynamic-one person explicitly moving or controlling the thoughts and feelings of another. These power dynamics are not inherently positive or negative, they are both. The controlling of someone's behavior allows for enjoyable and non-enjoyable aspects to be born. The best example of that is culture. Also imbedded in this is the idea that mode of thinking such as those exhibited by culture are all based on things and opinions that are pretty much arbitrary."

Makes me wonder about the reading of reports by others before people actually test molecules for themselves. I think it's much more difficult to render truly unbiased results and to discover what a molecule can personally do for you and how it effects others...when you already have someone else's assessment implanted in your brain. We all know how placebo works. 

I know my mileage will vary no matter what's been reported but it's hard not to be influenced by others reports. Even if you think you can remain unbiased, it's food for thought the next time you hear about what's suppose to be a killer molecule/mix or you're blown away by someone's fabulous report. ;) 

Bella

01-08-2010 5:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Sex: Male

RE: The Power of Suggestion
01-08-2010 11:03 AM

Yup.

This is exactly the reason why actual studies use double blind controls, because even the attitudes of the researchers can influence the outcome when human behavior is being studied.

Diane
01-08-2010 11:03 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-08-2010 11:24 AM

Very good point. When I first started using Pheromones I would buy whatever got a glowing report on Pherotalk but I figured out very quickly that I was better off trying to avoid the reports before I tried it for myself. Now I try (not always successfully) to ignore anything I'd read and just experience for my self the effects (or lack of).

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
01-08-2010 11:24 AM
mark-in-dallas
Dumb Guy That Pays The Bills

01-08-2010 11:47 AM

Yep! Reminds me of the original MX292. When it was first released everyone was reporting that it sorta social but not at all sexual and suggesting that it did not have any Androstenone in it.

Steve and I were about the only ones getting blatant sexual hits and swearing that it had to be high in Androstenone and that it was the most sexual mix we had tried.

Shortly after that the tide turned and everyone switched gears and started reporting how great a mix it was.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
01-08-2010 11:47 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-08-2010 1:43 PM

(01-08-2010 11:47 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Yep! Reminds me of the original MX292. When it was first released everyone was reporting that it sorta social but not at all sexual and suggesting that it did not have any Androstenone in it. Steve and I were about the only ones getting blatant sexual hits and swearing that it had to be high in Androstenone and that it was the most sexual mix we had tried. Shortly after that the tide turned and everyone switched gears and started reporting how great a mix it was.

I've noticed that with a lot of the mixes as well as the 'P' series there (yeah, partially my fault because if I really like something I am enthusiastic about it and I know this).  I wonder if their is still any P119 in stock or if it sold out now.  I really liked MX292/MX353 but it was a bit inconsistent for me.  When it hit, it hit like a freight train.  I was almost frightened by my ex's reaction to MX353 yet certain other women didn't seem to find it all that and a bag of chips like she did.  Guys always seemed to go out of there way to be polite and helpful while I was wearing it, however. 

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
01-08-2010 1:43 PM

Share This Thread