Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Poll: Who will be your third Administrator
Deja Vu
JonJon
terry0400-40
txiOm
[Show Results]

The Members Have Spoken - Round 2 Begins
dbot
Street Psychologist

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1955
Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

RE: The Members Have Spoken - Round 2 Begins
01-16-2012 6:53 PM

How are you taking credit for the blind testing project that you were furious about when it was first announced?

That was Chris' idea, not yours.

My site is no more your business than your site is mine. And I'm certainly not the only one with monetization. Why don't you share how much this little passion project earns you each month, without ever writing a review?

One last point -- this site is not uncensored. That was the whole reason I quit as admin.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2012 6:55 PM by dbot.)
01-16-2012 6:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1824
Thanks received:
4769 thanks in 1971 posts

01-16-2012 7:13 PM

OK, first off you are a liar, the post in question remians, as well as every post you made calling Beccah and I out. Where's the censorship?

As to, how much this little passion projects earns, in November it finally covered the costs of the server with a bit of excess, and in December and this month it's all going back to the members.

Now shall we discuss all the money that I've put into it out of my pocket and never asked or expected to get back?

Convenient you refer to the LAST blind molecule testing poject announced, but ignore the first one, that I put together with Chris!

As to your site not being my business, well that's true. But lets lay EVERYTHING on the line! You want to make challanges and allegations about me, go ahead and tell everyone EXACTLY what your intentions are with your site!

I used to write reviews and I actually enjoy doing so. I stopped doing so because vendors started accusing me of being biased and showing favoritism toward other companies. Can you say you'd do the same?

That you're even still welcome to post freely and haven't been placed in moderation or banned, should be proof enough that the forum is uncensored. If I let personal feelings get in the way, I'd have kicked your ass to the curb a long time ago!

(01-16-2012 6:53 PM)dbot Wrote:  How are you taking credit for the blind testing project that you were furious about when it was first announced?

That was Chris' idea, not yours.

My site is no more your business than your site is mine. And I'm certainly not the only one with monetization. Why don't you share how much this little passion project earns you each month, without ever writing a review?

One last point -- this site is not uncensored. That was the whole reason I quit as admin.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
01-16-2012 7:13 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

01-16-2012 7:17 PM

And still, you failed to answer the questions I asked. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE?

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
01-16-2012 7:17 PM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

01-16-2012 7:28 PM

1) By closing the thread in question, you effectively censored the conversation that was ongoing. That is censorship.

2) My intel strongly contradicts your claims to not be making any money with this site.

3) Ah, the first blind molecule test that you organized -- you mean the one that still hasn't been finished after six months? sideLol

I'm really not sure what you mean when you imply that my intentions for my site are somehow nefarious. My intentions are to create a high quality private community site with a lot of great features and no bullshit. What else would my intentions be? I've published all of my intentions right on the front page of the site; it's not like there's a lot of mystery about what I'm planning.

Back to the issue at hand, I'm just pointing out that for all your posturing about other admins having "every bit as much" authority over the site as you do, it is simply not the case. It's your site and you have every right to run it however you want, but I'm really not sure why it's so important for you to make people believe that other admins have any real authority. It's your site and in the end your opinion is all that has mattered and all that will matter.
(01-16-2012 7:17 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  And still, you failed to answer the questions I asked. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE?

Haha dude I really don't have any idea what you're talking about. What am I trying to hide?
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2012 7:29 PM by dbot.)
01-16-2012 7:28 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

01-16-2012 8:00 PM

The thread was closed because It was vindictive, vengeful, should not have been posted in the first place and violated posting policy, and only after you were asked by the admin team to correct it yourself and refused to do so.

Your intel? So now you're James Bond huh? I don't care what you think, you're wrong. But, maybe you'd like to take over the forum and all expenses, past and present, then see how far ahead you are?

The first blind molecule project was finally completed, but the delay was not due to the forum preventing it from doing so.

As to your intentions for the site, maybe you don't realize it but I've been around for a long time, know most everyone in the industry and most of them trust me and share tidbits of information that they think I'd be interested in. And, without rehashing those things again, I've already shared 3 of the tidbits I've heard.

All my postering? I've resigned, only to be reinstated the next day by another admin and I've offered to step down if the members didn't want me around anymore. What more can I do to show that I have I don't want complete authority over the forum?

01-16-2012 8:00 PM

Fly So Hi
Jr. Researcher

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1547
Thanks received:
856 thanks in 435 posts

01-16-2012 8:05 PM

I know maybe my words won't count in here. Writing things to a digital board may not express the real feelings behind them...

That said, i heartly & sincerely wish you'd stop the conflict. Mutual aggressions and lack of mutual respect are things that really hurt me.

I have already said to dbot on HTH that i miss the good times were everyone were friends. I wish you could see there's no real necessity for all this.

All of this started exactly because both you guys felt disrespected by each other. And in my experience, you don't put out a fire with more fire. And ironically enough, the thread name is bla bla bla - Round 2.

Please, i say from the heart: It's sad and disapointing what is happening here again.

Fly
01-16-2012 8:05 PM
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas, txi0m, Pagodeiro, Rattlesnake, idontknow, JohnnyHard, Beccah
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

01-16-2012 8:26 PM

I couldn't agree more. For the record, I've tried to let bygones by bygones and even admitted repeatedly dbot was the lessor of 2 wrongs in the Ail incident. I'll not attack without provocation, but if I'm attacked I will defend myself, and I will state things that I know, which I otherwise wouldn't.

Once again, I'll extend an olive branch to dbot, but it's up to him to accept it or not.

01-16-2012 8:26 PM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

01-16-2012 8:32 PM

By "olive branch," I wonder if you mean an apology for calling me a childish vindictive liar?
01-16-2012 8:32 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

01-16-2012 9:47 PM

If you're willing to apologize to me for the things you said, then I'll apologize to you. Otherwise we can forget the past and move on with neither one apologizing to the other, or you can continue on this path and I'll do the same.

I did not start this, but I am willing to let it go.

01-16-2012 9:47 PM

dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

01-16-2012 10:58 PM

What did I say that you feel you're owed an apology for?
01-16-2012 10:58 PM

Share This Thread