Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The End of Men
okyoureabeast
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 17
Thanks received:
246 thanks in 113 posts

The End of Men
09-25-2012 9:52 AM

You know, it is statements like this that really trouble me. I absolutely adore women and appreciate their company, but when I was in school I had the distinct pleasure of taking a gender studies class titled, "Women's Lives" and it was really just a die hard feminist talking about her view of the world.

I had a great time talking with her since I tend to play the devil's advocate from a standpoint of equality. It probably helped that I was experimenting with a314 at this time which while not being congruent enough was still taken at face value.

I am all for the empowerment of women, but when I hear stuff like this where it is actively being suggested that women are better at men it just irks me. They're different with a different skill set and when I took that gender studies class, I really tried to drill that point home.

I even got the teacher to admit to a problem of the "nice guy" syndrome which every girl agreed with me was annoying. The irony is, I asked them what their solutions were to fix it and ended up convincing them that they want men with backbones.

And how do you help men get backbones?

By empowering them, the same way we did women. Which is something I think we can do for both sexes.
09-25-2012 9:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl, thundr, zerosix85, solidprice

Pheroquirk
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1538
Thanks received:
460 thanks in 198 posts

RE: The End of Men
09-25-2012 6:10 PM

I don't think it is the end of men. It is more like the beginning of a revival in masculinity. The signs are there to be seen in every direction one turns.
09-25-2012 6:10 PM
Thanks given by LL21, solidprice
LL21
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 486
Thanks received:
437 thanks in 193 posts

09-25-2012 8:08 PM

The title of the book is silly. That woman is silly. I can say this because part of it is a mind frame some man tells a woman you can't do xyz or maybe a male counterpart was promoted when she in fact had better qualifications. Now she holds a grudge forever. Its just like with some black people, they just had to be racially discriminated once or twice and now they view the world as US vs Them mentality. Its not!! Life is what you make it, even if you are being discriminated against you just have to push further and make something work or find a place that will work

The equality is a good thing and people will adapt and change as time goes on. Men will find ways to have a family and make things work,and women will do the same.
09-25-2012 8:08 PM
Thanks given by solidprice
solidprice
doing research!

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1025
Thanks received:
144 thanks in 83 posts

10-03-2012 2:15 PM

All the posts are so true!

Great post tc,you put it better than i could.

PSN : solidprice
^^^
Forgive any typos in advance i type most of my posts on a touch phone.
And one moaaarrr thing!
Journal > http://pherotruth.com/Thread-the-journeys-of-solidprice
10-03-2012 2:15 PM

Share This Thread