Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Suggestion: Annual Awards/Ranking
Xero
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks received:
15 thanks in 12 posts

Suggestion: Annual Awards/Ranking
06-01-2014 10:35 PM

I think that it would be helpful if the forum held an annual poll to put together some awards (or an annual ranking), like the top 3 mones in certain categories.

For example, the top 3 socials or top 3 sexuals for the year.

The people that could vote on them would only be the most experienced and committed members of the forum (ie long time requirement/posting requirement)

I was curious as to people's thoughts on the matter. Please let me know.

Cheers!

Friends

LAL: Wolf, AV, DP
PheroXS: Cohesion
AD: FB Glace Alcohol
06-01-2014 10:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Blade
Pheromone Hero

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 215
Thanks received:
660 thanks in 310 posts

RE: Suggestion: Annual Awards/Ranking
06-04-2014 10:37 AM

It's been discussed a few times, but the idea never really took off.

If it does ever take off, I think not letting newbies vote would be a big mistake because I don't see why their opinions are any less valuable then more advanced users.
06-04-2014 10:37 AM
V-nice

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1529
Thanks received:
1893 thanks in 678 posts

06-04-2014 5:58 PM

(06-04-2014 10:37 AM)Blade Wrote:  It's been discussed a few times, but the idea never really took off.

If it does ever take off, I think not letting newbies vote would be a big mistake because I don't see why their opinions are any less valuable then more advanced users.

And also, keep in mind that "newbies" here aren't necessarily newbies to pheromones. So being new here wouldn't validate their pheromone acumen.

"The man that knows he doesn't know, is a wise man."
06-04-2014 5:58 PM
Paradox
Pheromone Tester, PUA/PUG

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 372
Thanks received:
2003 thanks in 759 posts

06-05-2014 7:57 AM

(06-04-2014 10:37 AM)Blade Wrote:  It's been discussed a few times, but the idea never really took off.

You don't see why a newbie's opinion is less valuable? A newbie is just that ....a newbie. They do not have the extensive experience and knowledge that a Veteran has. A newbie would think that MX297 is the ultimate attraction/seduction pheromone mix. A Veteran would realize that it is an estrogenic based mix and that the attraction is for friendship only.

Who votes for the Baseball Hall of Fame candidates...professional sportswriters. Who votes for the Grammys...voting members of the Recording Academy - these are members who have been credited on at least six commercially released songs. Who votes for the Oscars......not the general public...it is the 6,000 Academy members who are the entertainment industry's preeminent filmmakers.

A general vote would only be a popularity contest.

The idea never took off because it was never formulated, structured or properly proposed.

There are 23+ pheromone vendors on this site. Where would you get fair minded people from? On this site (Pherotruth) a company like Androtics that has the largest pheromone forum online and may be the largest vendor is relegated to the "other vendors" category instead of being a featured vendor. Meanwhile, one of the featured vendors can no longer post to his forum here. Another of the featured vendors has not been heard from since last year.

We are living in a special time and place in the pheromone world. We are the George Washington Carver's and the Thomas Edison's. We are discovering a brand new science. Giving out awards should not be an unplanned lackadaisical exercise.

Awards should be given in a way that promotes legitimacy through out time. Academy Award winning movies Like "Ben-Hur" and "Gone With The Wind" show that the awarding process was fair and legitimate even from the start.

Grammar, spelling and punctuation errors were made for your amusement.
06-05-2014 7:57 AM
Thanks given by Pheroman, D_Darko, dsouza, NikkiReloaded
KonichiwaChitsu
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 18
Thanks received:
104 thanks in 39 posts

06-06-2014 6:43 PM

I like the idea, I'm not going to lie though, I AM actually relatively new to pheromones, but since I've joined this forum I have learned a lot. I think awards for certain mones would be beneficial to a lot of people, especially people like me. Seeing as I could listen to the wisdom coming from people with many years of experience and get pheromones that are really good, as opposed to getting something with inconsistent reviews, just for the sake of trying it.
06-06-2014 6:43 PM

wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1626
Thanks received:
1427 thanks in 731 posts

06-09-2014 3:12 AM

As far as newbies voting, it seems reasonable to require a strong enough reputation that sock puppetry is prevented.

[Image: Example.jpg]
06-09-2014 3:12 AM
dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 405
Thanks received:
715 thanks in 337 posts

06-09-2014 10:06 AM

I think that simple posting might be worth more than voting. A good objective post on pheromones experience will mean more to me than a vote, but why not do both?

I see a downfall of the vote might possibly be the shills that will be cast by the vendors themselves, as they all have multiple accounts for that purpose.

A good insightful post is a much better contribution to this site, as it will last longer, so why not have a vote just to give Mark some work to do, but a unanimous vote would be pointless, I'd like to see who votes, and their reputation numbers next to their vote, to give it some meaning.

There are so many categories between men, women, single, married, social, sexual, alpha, confidence, disinhibition, mood, perception, self-effects.... on and on. If everyone agrees that 'mones need to be personally matched to the user & situation... I guess a vote is just a vote.... we might as well vote on the best of the best... and have a new vote everyday. It seems that posts will be what I go by, but votes... by newbies and idiots.... mixed in with the wise... you know where that will get you.

dexter
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." -Jesus, Matthew 10:34
AD-Glace, Certo, DHEAS, single mols
AD-a314,P74,5,6,8,9,P80,1,3,P93,5,6,7,P100,​1,2,3,4,9,12,23,25,IFM,
IG,IH,IJ,IO,IS,ISA,ISB,TUTH,TAA,C,F,H,K,​L,NONE,ANOL,AMMO,MX297,391-5UF
LS-LIQTRUST,NOL,NONE,RONE,A1,PERCEPTION,AE,​SOE
P7-ATJ,FTL,DG!,MAP,GG,PURSUIT,SB,TJ
TP-TLOVE,EST,MEO-EST,TJERK,TALPHA,A1,ATRIONE,COPS
HM-ETRIONE
HOMEBREW-D3,DHEA,PEA,ETRIONE,NENO,MEL
06-09-2014 10:06 AM
Thanks given by wiserd, Xero
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1783
Thanks received:
4521 thanks in 1894 posts

06-09-2014 12:07 PM

Another downside is that newbies would likely read the voting/awards threads and only buy those products, which would leave out many great products, vendors, and newer products that weren't available the previous year. Beyond those downsides, a voting system created by PheroTruth and/or sponsored by the forum could be construed as biased or showing vendor favoritism, even if all votes were cast by members.

Yeah it takes more effort to read through the forums, ask questions, and figure out what might work best for different scenarios and who likes what the best, but isn't that half the fun, and part of the social community aspect?

I wouldn't mind doing the work to set it up, but wouldn't want to bear the potential consequences. Smile

Stop striving for PERFECTION, because the closer you get to achieving it the further away the goalpost moves. Instead, concentrate on PROGRESS, because you that you can meet and surpass every day!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
06-09-2014 12:07 PM
Thanks given by dexter, wiserd, Xero
dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 405
Thanks received:
715 thanks in 337 posts

06-09-2014 4:16 PM

It is ironic that we are talking about newbies so much when Xero who started the thread has 19 posts and a rep of 102. I guess we should be talking about how to steer newbies to the search button, and the basics of 'mones more easily.

Maybe that is the question he was searching for when he asked for the a vote on the best 'MONES

dexter
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." -Jesus, Matthew 10:34
AD-Glace, Certo, DHEAS, single mols
AD-a314,P74,5,6,8,9,P80,1,3,P93,5,6,7,P100,​1,2,3,4,9,12,23,25,IFM,
IG,IH,IJ,IO,IS,ISA,ISB,TUTH,TAA,C,F,H,K,​L,NONE,ANOL,AMMO,MX297,391-5UF
LS-LIQTRUST,NOL,NONE,RONE,A1,PERCEPTION,AE,​SOE
P7-ATJ,FTL,DG!,MAP,GG,PURSUIT,SB,TJ
TP-TLOVE,EST,MEO-EST,TJERK,TALPHA,A1,ATRIONE,COPS
HM-ETRIONE
HOMEBREW-D3,DHEA,PEA,ETRIONE,NENO,MEL
06-09-2014 4:16 PM
Thanks given by wiserd

wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1626
Thanks received:
1427 thanks in 731 posts

06-09-2014 9:18 PM

Yeah, honestly I'm sick of 'lets vote on the best' suggestions. The idea is perennial, as if it were a stage people go through when starting out. It's like a bunch of people walking into Home Depot saying "I've never used tools. Could you recommend your three best?"

umm.....

[Image: Example.jpg]
06-09-2014 9:18 PM
Thanks given by dexter, dsouza

Share This Thread