Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Soy Protein for Building muscle?
metaltree

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Soy Protein for Building muscle?
04-19-2017 10:56 PM

Mind Blown.

04-19-2017 10:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MMM

Rep Post

RE: Soy Protein for Building muscle?
04-19-2017 11:28 PM

I guess I'm not gonna gain any muscles then! Aggressive

Anything SOY gets TWO WORDS and ONE FINGER from me!

On a more personal note, my son called me at the age of 24 saying he must have had too much sex, because he no longer wanted sex. I said what have you been eating? He explained. And I asked what new have you been consuming. SOY MILK. I said to him, "STOP DRINKING SOY MILK, AND UP YOUR WATER FOR A WEEK OR TWO."

Phone call three weeks later: YOU WERE RIGHT, POPS!

The moral of the story: There is no moral to the story. Nana

PROCEED WITH CAUTION: It's all on tv how good and healthy soy milk is! Help

THE END

I am MORE than a sausage with feet, but you, Miss, since you're sexy, you can treat me as such if you want! ALL NIGHT LONG!! Preved
04-19-2017 11:28 PM
ShadowX114
Serious Poster

Rep Post

04-20-2017 12:37 AM

I didn't read the articles but I've read that soy is very bad for men as it increases estrogen. Looking at the title of the 2nd link, I believe that's what it's saying. Careful with products, such as protein bars, that say "with protein". It's usually soy protein. I always read the ingredients and almost all the time it's soy.....maybe it's cheap?

While I can't say with 100% certainty but I think my body can't tolerate whey or isolate either. In few weeks of consumption, I notice my face starting to acting up. Lately, I've been considering vegetarian/vegan protein that is a mixed of rice and peas protein. Not sure if the bioavailability is good.

Journal ->: HERE

Current Stash

Alpha Dream: Glace
Androtics: TAC (20mcg), P83 (20mcg), P96 (20mcg), P97 (20mcg)
Apex: M3X
LAL: BW, Max T, Wolf
Pheromone XS: Cohesion, Connections
Love Potion: 40 samples
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 12:39 AM by ShadowX114.)
04-20-2017 12:37 AM
BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Rep Post

04-20-2017 10:50 AM

It seems like every new soy article is like every new egg article: good. Bad. good. Bad. good. Bad.

Except that eggs are good and soy is not.

When I think of protein, I think of animals. Tasty tasty animals. When I think of plants and protein, I think of an omelette, not soy. Given a choice between animal protein and plant protein, it's a no-brainer. I'll leave the plant proteins to the plant-eaters out there, and thank them for not consuming the proteins I love.
04-20-2017 10:50 AM

RussianWolf

Rep Post

04-20-2017 11:13 AM

Alfalfa, wheatgrass powder or juice, buckwheat powder, spirulina, chlorella, morninga, spinach, kale - all better resources for Amino acids.

The primates are our closest relatives. They are much stronger and rarely eat meat.

Eating raw, like nature intended is your best bet for a healthy life.

Humans are the only species out of millions that cooks their food, and we are the sickest of them all.

You want to know the truth, but then when it's given; you don't know what to do with it.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 11:14 AM by RussianWolf.)
04-20-2017 11:13 AM
jb20

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

04-26-2017 11:58 PM

Too much Soy is bad.Asians only eat a small amount. Just eat chicken breasts or steak;real food is better than protein powder.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 12:01 AM by jb20.)
04-26-2017 11:58 PM
BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Rep Post

04-27-2017 10:06 AM

Just read an article on this. Soy lacks the critical amino acid leucine in sufficient numbers to trigger Muscle Protein Synthesis (MPS), which means that it's little better than water for muscle building until you consume about 40g of the stuff. I'd rather have 40g of whey protein: it just tastes better, and I've never sampled a tasty soy protein shake.
04-27-2017 10:06 AM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

04-27-2017 10:19 AM

Soy also contains goitrogen which also disrupts thyroid gland hormone synthesis.

Acknowledged that the isoflavones may help block estrogen receptors, since isoflavones have 1/500 the strength of estradiol; acting like weak mimics of full blown est...they can thus block est from binding to target tissues...this can be a good thing in that it will help keep est away from prostate tissue.

Isoflavones in limited sporadic doses can thus block full blown est from binding to target tissues by acting like weak mimics of est. If est cannot bind to target tissue receptors, it cannot affect the target tissue. Thus, any est that is in our bodies is floating around as a free component and it can then bound with something like albumen or sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) where it remains unable to influence target tissues. Diindolylmethane (DIM) (or its precursor Indole 3 carbinol derived from crucifers) can help rid the body of est and simultaneously liberate bound testosterone. DIM helps transform EST to a weaker est form which acts like an antioxidant and its downstream derivatives can then be safely excreted.

Soy is not actually the best source for isoflavones...actually many other legumes (beans) contain isoflavones and the plus is that the beans do not contain goitrogens that will fook with your thyroid like soy does.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 10:22 AM by TheManInTheFedora.)
04-27-2017 10:19 AM

metaltree

Rep Post

04-27-2017 10:22 AM

(04-20-2017 10:50 AM)BarefootOxford Wrote:  Except that eggs are good and soy is not.

I've been reading up on soy and I can't figure out if its good or bad health wise for men so I will mostly avoid it to be on the safe side. I'm sure an occasional serving of tofu at a Chinese restaurant once in a while won't hurt.

Eggs by far are the best tasting protein in my opinion. Scrambled in high quality olive oil with a pinch of Celtic Sea Salt, the taste is out of this world.

I have read that too many eggs are dangerous for some people but perfectly safe for other people. It has to do with your gut bacteria. If you have species of gut bacteria that convert choline into TMAO then eggs can be harmful because of the high choline content. If you don't have gut bacteria species that convert choline into TMAO then eggs are one of the healthiest foods on the planet for you.
04-27-2017 10:22 AM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

04-27-2017 10:32 AM

(04-27-2017 10:22 AM)metaltree Wrote:  I've been reading up on soy and I can't figure out if its good or bad health wise for men so I will mostly avoid it to be on the safe side. I'm sure an occasional serving of tofu at a Chinese restaurant once in a while won't hurt.

Certainly, the occasional use of soy products like soy sauce here and there is okay. Remember that whole nations like Japan, China use these sauces everyday...are their men weak/effeminate??? Well, consider samurai warriors or shaolin monks.

It is important to understand that these people eat FERMENTED soy products; the raw un-fermented products are undesirable. Something like soy sauce is okay. Because of their use of isoflavone containing foods...prostate or breast cancer is almost unheard of in their society. The isoflavones block full blown est from binding to target tissues and since isoflavones have only 1/500 the strength of full blown est they are unable to exert a meaningful estrogenic effect upon target tissues.

BTW: I am caucasian. I wouldn't fear the occasional use of soy sauce in Chinese food, but not overdoing it...like drinking tons of soy milk daily..no way.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 10:34 AM by TheManInTheFedora.)
04-27-2017 10:32 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "Eastern Montana dinosaur now yields protein that's 68 million years old" QuietGuy 6 2,990 12-15-2009 2:07 PM
Last Post: Mtnjim