Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Something to Remember
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1000
Thanks received:
2702 thanks in 1237 posts

Something to Remember
07-17-2012 3:35 PM

We've all heard a thousand times to let others know that you care and how you feel about them before it's to late, and I can't speak for anyone else, but at least for me it's never really sunk in.

Today I logged in to another forum that I read regularly and found the thread below posted had been posted late night and wanted to share it, cause you really do never know when it might be to late.

I'm going to have to try harder to remember to make sure to tell those that I care about how much and why a little more often, cause to little to late could mean a lifetime of regret.

Quote:This is the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius

I don't exactly remember when it was, but at some point a member Aquarius1 had made me her friend. I noticed she had been a member since 2004 and I felt sort of honored that she felt strongly enough about my posts to make me a friend. Some time after that, I don't remember when, she started sending me U2U's. Usually just brief messages showing support for this post or that, but as time went on we began to let down our guards and actually start talking to each other like friends do. At some point, I am not exactly sure when, we exchanged email addresses and would write lengthy letters to each other.

She would ask a thousand questions of me as if she were doing an interview and I would do my best to answer her questions, slinging a few questions back at her. At some point, I'm not exactly sure when, I began to love her. I love her for many reasons, She was the peaceful calm to my violent storm. She was the amused observer to my pointed outrage. She was my friend, my confidant, and a part of my extended family. When times got tough for me she would pick up on this and would do little things to help. She sent me a Starbucks card once when she realized I was using that place for an office, and would periodically reload it when she knew work was work was slow for me. I never asked her for help, she just would do it.

About a year ago I stopped hearing from her for a period of time, and concerned, I wrote and told her I missed her. Still no reply. Then a few months later she finally wrote me and told me she had been struggling with cancer, but was in remission and believed the worst was over. I was relieved and for a time we wrote each other often, but as times got harder for me, and as I began to feel the pressures of life closing in on me, I was reticent to write her has often for fear I would piss and moan too much and bitch about things that in the perspective of her own battle surely must seem petty. She would be patient with me but my emails became increasingly fewer as I dug in deep and did my best to fight my own battles. I didn't want her to think she had to worry about me what with her own worries.

For the last week she had been on my mind daily, several times throughout the day. I knew I had waited too long to send her my love and let her know I was thinking of her and how much she meant to me. A week and a half ago I had my lap top stolen from my "office", but as life would have it, many friends showed much concern for how I would continue to work, and in fact, I am typing this post on a friends computer he loans me during the day while he is at work until I can replace my own. Finally, yesterday, deciding I waited too long to contact Aquarius and ironically feeling more positive about life even though the theft of my own computer was a kick in the gut I could have done without. I wrote her a brief email, suspecting that something might be wrong. I noticed she hadn't been in this site for a while. I told her I was thinking about her, how much I missed her and that I wanted to know she was okay before I started yammering on about the continuing adventures of JPZ.

This afternoon I received a reply. It was not, however, from Aquarius, but from her daughter. I know what her daughter looks like because Aquarius often sent me photos of her and her brand new baby, Aquarius' brand new granddaughter. The note was brief and courteous, explaining to me that Aquarius had finally succumbed to the cancer she had struggled with and had passed this last Friday.

I should have, I could have, I wished I would have, but I didn't. I waited too long and when reading the email today I understood why she was in my head these past few days so strongly. I am sure she knows my regrets on not taking more time to let her know how much I care about her...even so...I should have, I could have, I wished I would have.

I will miss her dearly, my sweet Aquarius1, and I look forward to someday seeing her on the other side where we can laugh, where we can drink and dance and enjoy the company of good friends. Above Top Secret was a better site because of her.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

A guilty conscience can be more cruel a judge than any court of law. In the end its not how many toys we had, and all that we ever were is the impressions we left on those we leave behind.

Live life as you want to be remembered when you're gone!
07-17-2012 3:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by CanadianGuy45, shadowknight, fluffygirl12, wiserd, ClintX2

Share This Thread