Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Some cool features
renny
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Information Some cool features
08-14-2009 11:06 AM

Hey Folks, I wanted to share a few of the great features of the MyBB platform that may go overlooked. Take a moment to look through your User Control Panel (User CP underneath the word HOME near the top of the page). Alongside the left hand of the screen is the Menu Box.

The first section is your messenger system with customizable folders. You'll also note that message tracking is enabled so you can see when your message is received. You can enable/disable this feature on each message with the checkbox at the bottom of the message window.

The next section is Your Profile section which allows you to change avatars and signatures ect. Click on the Edit Options button to see and edit your options ranging from privacy and notification to the number of threads per page to display and even some nice forum themes listed in the box called Board Style.

Back on the left hand Menu as you continue down you'll find options for your Buddy list, thread and forum subscriptions and a neat little feature called Personal Pad which will be good for jotting down those secret pheromone recipes you just can't bring yourself to share yet! LOL.

I realize that most of you have got a lot of forum experience and probably know most of this already, but there were several times when I first joined a forum that I wished someone had pointed some of these features out. Lastly, kudos to Mark for choosing this platform and these great little features.

The Androstenone Discussion
08-14-2009 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

RE: Some cool features
08-14-2009 1:21 PM

Yes, I am not familiar with all the software options Mark could have used, but so far I like this one. It is pretty quick and responsive.
08-14-2009 1:21 PM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

08-19-2009 12:13 PM

(08-14-2009 11:06 AM)renny Wrote:  Lastly, kudos to Mark for choosing this platform and these great little features.

Why thank you Renny. This really is a great forum application, with lots of add ons that are really easy to incorporate, like the ability to display youtube videos in your posts, which I added on yesterday and gave provided instructions on how to do in the Club House. There's also a post on using "mycode" in the Help area.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
08-19-2009 12:13 PM
esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Sex: Female

Rep Post

08-19-2009 5:16 PM

Thank you for sharing that info renny!! ^_^
08-19-2009 5:16 PM
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Buddy List
09-01-2009 8:33 PM

Someone asked me to tell them how the Buddy List worked. I'll go ahead and post it here for anyone who is interested. You can accessed your Buddy List by clicking on "Buddy List" beneath the Pherotruth Logo at the top of the page. The window that opens will allow you to see when your buddies were last online and allow you send a PM right from their listing.

To add people to your buddy list click on your "User CP" beneath the pink and blue symbol in the logo. Your Buddy List is located in the menu box on the left side of the screen. Scroll down and you'll see it next to the heart symbol. You could also edit your Ignore List here.

Clicking the heart will bring you to the Buddy and Ignore lists manger. Just type the username you wish to add in the box and click the "Add to Buddies" button. Separate multiple usernames with a comma. It might help if you are adding several members at once to open the members list in a separate tab so you don't forget anyone. Smile

09-01-2009 8:33 PM

Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

09-03-2009 3:20 AM

I don't know if y'all noticed but we also have a nice feature enabling us to save drafts!

To save a draft thread or post:

1. Proceed to the normal posting pages for the action you wish to perform (post a new thread or reply to an existing one).

2. Fill in as much or as little as you want on the posting page.

3. Click the 'Save as Draft' button below the posting area.

Then when you want to retrieve a draft, click on your User CP and on the left...under Miscellaneous, see Saved Drafts. Click on it and it will take you to your list of drafts. Under Draft Options click on Edit Drafts and you can continue right where you left off. Smile

Well, everyone who's here is on my Buddy List. Big Grin...but when I try to access it by clicking on it at the top of the screen, the little pop up comes up but there is no list there...it's blank. Undecided

Bella
09-03-2009 3:20 AM
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

09-03-2009 8:17 AM

There's a large blank space at the top of the box. Scroll down to see the list, then you have to scroll within the list to see everyone. Thanks for pointing it out Bella, I don't think it was like that a few days ago. LOL, if you maximize the pop-up and then unmaximize it it goes to normal.

09-03-2009 8:17 AM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

09-03-2009 8:44 AM

(09-03-2009 8:17 AM)renny Wrote:  There's a large blank space at the top of the box. Scroll down to see the list, then you have to scroll within the list to see everyone.

There shouldn't be any blank space, at least there isn't when I open my Buddy list or the Test Account, and I've looked at it in Firefox and I.E 7 and 8.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
09-03-2009 8:44 AM

Share This Thread