Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

2 users browsing this thread: (0 members, and 2 guests).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Solstice Scents...
Snoopyace

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 421
Thanks received:
1091 thanks in 520 posts

Big Grin Solstice Scents...
06-07-2010 10:36 AM

Has anyone here tried Solstice Scents? I stumbled upon them while browsing google for Artisan colognes/perfumes. The scents are definitely not for people who want to blend in. They tend to be a bit heavier and strong on amber and frankincense. She also has soaps, body butters, bath salts, etc.

I ordered a 10ml bottle of Spellbound Woods and one of Travelers and really like them both.

Spellbound Woods is very vanilla, amber and sandalwood and I absolutely love the smell of this one right away. It doesn't really evolve much (in this case linear is a good thing) and lasts a while on the skin. As in, I put it on at 4pm and was still smelling whiff's of it the next morning. None of the scents I've tried seem to really reach out and grab anyone in a 10' radius. They seem to hang closer to the skin and someone could get within a few feet and suddenly they are trying to get closer to have a nice sniff of you. I see this with Excalibur from Love Potion.

Travelers starts out smelling like an Easter ham (heavy clove and citrus) and evolves (this is a good thing here) into a more resinous scent. After about the first 20 minutes when the clove fades, this turns VERY nice. Longevity seems to be a common trait with their scents because this one also lasts quite a while. This scent isn't one that you'd necessarily wear for daytime unless you work in the mataphysical community (hey, I'm in luck!)

They also gave me three little sample vials similar to the 'sniffee' size from Love Potion. Two of the scents weren't really ones I'd wear but I could appreciate how they'd smell on someone else. The third one, Old Cedar Magus that I'm thinking about trying a big bottle of. I've already sprung for a bottle of Anubis and another Spellbound Woods so that will have to wait.

It only took a few days for everything to arrive and so far the customer service has been very good. I am also impressed with the quality of the scents and find it fascinating that they use 'Wildcrafted Rice Bran Oil' as the carrier for the scents. Seems to work well so who am I to say anything. For the amount of care that appears to go into their scents (can't really speak for the other products) the prices seem very reasonable to me.

Please post here if anyone else has tried/or tries any of their products. I am curious to see what others think.

Do our experiences determine our beliefs or do our beliefs determine our experiences?
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2010 11:21 AM by Snoopyace.)
06-07-2010 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread

Messages In This Thread
Solstice Scents... - Snoopyace - 06-07-2010 10:36 AM
RE: Solstice Scents... - Beccah - 06-07-2010, 11:49 AM
RE: Solstice Scents... - Snoopyace - 06-07-2010, 2:05 PM
RE: Solstice Scents... - Beccah - 06-07-2010, 11:04 PM
RE: Solstice Scents... - ladybegood1 - 07-27-2010, 9:22 PM