Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Sniff this
jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

Sniff this
05-26-2010 7:18 AM

Nasal delivery of oxytocin led marketers to make the ridiculous claim that oxytocin is a pheromone. With this news on breathable chocolate, we can expect marketers to claim chocolate is a pheromone.

James V. Kohl
05-26-2010 7:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 216
Thanks received:
146 thanks in 98 posts

RE: Sniff this
05-26-2010 3:36 PM

Le Whif? Mon dieu, people will buy anything, lol. Yep, I've also seen "aromatherapy" nasal inhalers of chocolate and other flavors available on the market that are suppose to do the same thing to control cravings. Though I don't think they actually contain particles that deposit a coating of chocolate in the nasal passages.
* cough * Either way, I think I'll skip it. Rolleyes A moderate amount (1 oz) of dark chocolate everyday ain't gonna make you a two-ton and you can reap the delicious health benefits.

Eating by breathing? I don't think so. James, would you please pass the M&M's? Big Grin That is until they regulate chocolate.

Bella
05-26-2010 3:36 PM
jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

RE: Sniff this
05-26-2010 4:39 PM

Alan Hirsch had some press releases on how smelling the equivalent of corn chips satiated the brain pathways responsible for ingestion and led to claims of remarkable weight loss. I don't know if the study results were published in a peer-reviewed journal, because I didn't bother to follow up on the press release.

James

(05-26-2010 3:36 PM)Bella Wrote:  Le Whif? Mon dieu, people will buy anything, lol. Yep, I've also seen "aromatherapy" nasal inhalers of chocolate and other flavors available on the market that are suppose to do the same thing to control cravings. Though I don't think they actually contain particles that deposit a coating of chocolate in the nasal passages.
* cough * Either way, I think I'll skip it. Rolleyes A moderate amount (1 oz) of dark chocolate everyday ain't gonna make you a two-ton and you can reap the delicious health benefits.

Eating by breathing? I don't think so. James, would you please pass the M&M's? Big Grin That is until they regulate chocolate.

Bella
05-26-2010 4:39 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Doctor dogs sniff out breast cancer (WTOL 11 Toledo) Forum Staff 1 1,260 11-24-2009 1:32 PM
Last Post: Willow