Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Poll: Now it´s on you to decide
This poll is closed.
it´s good like it is 25.00% 3 25.00%
please, get rid of it! 75.00% 9 75.00%
Total 12 votes 100%
* You voted for this selection. [Show Results]

Slipped posts / technical thing / your opinion needed !
Forum Staff
Administration Account

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks received:
441 thanks in 65 posts

Slipped posts / technical thing / your opinion needed !
01-11-2012 11:06 AM

Guy's and Gal's ,

Most of you will surely have noticed that once you're replying to a post in a thread and whilst you've been typing has been one or more replies from other members been posted, something happens that can be a bit confusing.

The post that has been made by the other member ( or more ) will show up and you'll be notified that whilst you've been typing there were other replies made !

Your post will not be posted and will still show up below and you can change something .. and choose to post or not.

The intention behind this is that you could modify your reply if it was affected by the post ( or posts ) that has been made whilst you've been typing.

In order to post you have to hit the "Post Thread" button again and then what you have posted will show up.

Now the question is :

should it stay as it is or would you find it easier to add your post wether there have been replies or not ?

Please share your thoughts on this and vote !
01-11-2012 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1632
Thanks received:
3372 thanks in 1534 posts

RE: Slipped posts / technical thing / your opinion needed !
01-11-2012 1:32 PM

I would much prefer to be able to just post what I had just written. For me, when it happens I lose what I have written. It does not remain in the reply text box. This is the most frustrating aspect of this whole forum IMO. The only frustrating thing really ;)
01-11-2012 1:32 PM
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas, shadowknight, Deja Vu
chypre
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks received:
10 thanks in 5 posts

01-11-2012 1:41 PM

(01-11-2012 1:32 PM)halo0073 Wrote:  I would much prefer to be able to just post what I had just written. For me, when it happens I lose what I have written. It does not remain in the reply text box. This is the most frustrating aspect of this whole forum IMO. The only frustrating thing really ;)

If you use Firefox, there is an add-on called Lazarus which keeps a database of all forms you enter (such as posting boxes). You just right click and recover text whenever a forum glitches. I've lost enough huge posts to know having this is a great thing.
01-11-2012 1:41 PM
Thanks given by Pagodeiro, baant, shadowknight
baant
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 433
Thanks received:
79 thanks in 33 posts

01-11-2012 4:07 PM

Lazarus rules, you can get it for Google Chrome also. I actually think it works smoother in Chrome.
Beware though that if you ever write sensitive information into a browser, this gets saved in Lazarus too. If someone gets hold of your comp even for a limited time they could theoretically copy the Lazarus database and sift through it. Of course, they might as well install a software or hardware keylogger in that case, so Lazarus isn't more insecure than computers in general.
There are some security settings in Lazarus that can be worth a look. I think that Lazarus by default refuses to save anything that may be a credit card number and also info from password fields.

'Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others.' - Edward Abbey
01-11-2012 4:07 PM
txi0m
American PUA, Japanese Targets

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 209
Thanks received:
435 thanks in 132 posts

01-11-2012 6:30 PM

(01-11-2012 1:32 PM)halo0073 Wrote:  It does not remain in the reply text box. This is the most frustrating aspect of this whole forum IMO.
I absolutely hate when that happens, and as some may have realized here, my posts tend to be detailed and lengthly -_-. Try using Lazarus as others have suggested. Dunno why I haven't reinstalled it yet...

I personally don't run into that problem though. In my experience, this forum feature has performed the way I would have expected it to-- no loss of content, and if someone posts something that addresses the same thing I was about to address, I can revise and finalize my post.

My opinion: I feel like it's a feature that should be kept (esp. considering things like Lazarus are out there).

I don't always use pheromone colognes, but when I do... I prefer Dos Equis.

My Arsenal (favs = ☆):
L-S: A7 (s), AE, C7 (s), LT☆, NPA☆, TE Trust, SoE☆ (s/un)

TP: TA☆, TChar, TComm, TI☆, TJ, TL☆, TO, TR☆, TT, XXX (spr)

A-Dream: AM, Certo, Glace

Out of Commission:
AD: IG, IH, IO, IS
01-11-2012 6:30 PM

idontknow
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3815
Thanks received:
2302 thanks in 674 posts

01-12-2012 3:28 AM

I hit ctrl+A and ctrl+C to select all text and copy it. Before i ever post something, happened way too often to me, to lose bigger posts.
Other than that i really like the "while you were typing" feature and would like it to stay. On the other hand, if my response was posted before, i can still edit my reply afterwards. Not a big deal either.

Journal --- Spring Sale --- Work, First-Date, Club mixes
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 3:28 AM by idontknow.)
01-12-2012 3:28 AM
Thanks given by Pagodeiro, txi0m
Deja Vu
The Asian Tester

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1232
Thanks received:
938 thanks in 259 posts

01-12-2012 5:05 AM

I don't like it. It's a cool feature right now, but when our forum gets bigger in the foreseeable future, this will be a really annoying as 10 or more people might be participating in the thread at the same time and it will just get redundant.

My 3 asian cents.

[Image: iJpJNZDYVJqTY.png]

dé·jà vu/ˌdāZHä ˈvo͞o/Noun
The Awesome Asian swimming in Pheromones
01-12-2012 5:05 AM
Thanks given by Pagodeiro, idontknow
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1824
Thanks received:
4769 thanks in 1971 posts

01-13-2012 2:15 PM

OK, 10 votes so far, 7 to get rid of it nd 3 to keep it. We'll leave the poll up until Sunday when the admin poll also closes, then do whatever you folks decided on. Big Grin

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
01-13-2012 2:15 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1824
Thanks received:
4769 thanks in 1971 posts

01-15-2012 1:07 PM

And if seems that 3 times as many people didn't like it and wanted it gone. And so it is! Smile

Thank you for taking the time to vote and express your opinion.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
01-15-2012 1:07 PM

Share This Thread