Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Server Change-Over
SteveO
Vendor

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 880
Thanks received:
980 thanks in 321 posts

Server Change-Over
10-01-2012 2:12 PM

I've been using a shared hosting account for about 7 years now and its been great to a point. They're usually pretty quick to help me when I needed it but recently there has been some changes with them. I discovered that many of my emails weren't getting through because someone on my shared server had been spamming thus blacklisting the entire IP. Yeah just wonderful. As the business grows I had to make a decision and as such have just leased my very own server. Its the same server company that Mark uses so I know I can depend on them.

My contract with my shared hosting ends 10/8 so over the course of the next week there will be a big move that will take place. First thing we are doing is bombarding it with attacks to ensure not just PCI compliance can be met, but to absolutely ensure everyone's data is secure. The other site met muster when it came to security but this one exceeds it.

The move might cause some slowdowns initially and some non-responsive pages but its in the best interest of the company and everyone involves agrees its the only way to progress. The server will allow the company to continue to grow and will suffice for about a solid year or two at the current growth level.

Once we are in our new server home everything will be so much faster, especially for my friends in Europe which has had to put up with slow response times.

Basically I'm saying please excuse our virtual dust as I continue to read your valuable and honored feedback and make the changes to better serve you.

Be Happy and laugh often
Steve O
enthusiast, hobbyist, founder.

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such, I don't check PM's very often. Please send me an email which will find me wherever I am:
10-01-2012 2:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by idontknow, D_Darko, Akelah, extraballislit, 2Soon2Care, Bliss

mark-in-dallas
Nobody Special

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 772
Thanks received:
1941 thanks in 928 posts

RE: Server Change-Over
10-01-2012 6:28 PM

One to two years? That server will probably more than suffice for you for the next 10 to 20 years, unless there's some radical change in web standards, programming and requirements.

And even then, unless there's some strangely new incompatable hardware requirements, it's your server and you can install a new operating system and any needed modules. Smile

[Image: flying_dragon.gif]
10-01-2012 6:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by SteveO

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Server Change Over SteveO 1 51 10-06-2012 4:53 AM
Last Post: idle