Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Serrapeptase and Nattokinase - Heart Health
DarkLord1

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Serrapeptase and Nattokinase - Heart Health
10-15-2017 2:36 AM

Can't say enough about these two great enzymes. Started taking them for heart health because a friend recently had a heart attack. This guy is (was) a runner and he had major blockages and had to have surgery.

So I did some research and started taking these two enzymes and I'm impressed. Definitely feel improvement in my health.

Didn't know how it helps prostate health, but I saw improvement in that category. Even the dead skin off my feet improved quite a bit.

Apparently, the enzymes eat the dead things in your body. Think blood clots, fibrin (accumulates in your organs, etc)....Really helps with hardening of the arteries and blockages.

If you haven't guessed, I like preventative, natural therapies and I'm always looking for an advantage.

I don't want to have a heart attack. I want to learn about someone else's attack and then find something that could possibly prevent it.

Enzymes do a lot more than I wrote here....Multiple advantages with one thing is always the goal.
10-15-2017 2:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

RE: Serrapeptase and Nattokinase - Heart Health
10-15-2017 2:55 AM

Considering that my father, all 3 of his brothers and my sister have all had heart attacks, this caught my attention. Thanks for the post!

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
10-15-2017 2:55 AM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

10-15-2017 6:59 AM

Hi Listmates!

The idea of the anti-inflammatory enzymes is great...as chronic inflammation is the real culprit of not just heart disease, but also many others '-itis' diseases (though not 'oneitis'P). Cholesterol and calcium deposits are guilty more so by association rather than cause. A toxic byproduct of metabolism called Homocysteine which forms in the methylation cycle is thought to be the real culprit. Homocysteine as well as free radicals can cause the inner walls of arteries/veins to have wounds and if the body doesn't have the quality building blocks (from a healthy diet with omega 3s) to repair such wounds, the body is forced to use cholesterol and calcium to 'patch up' the wounds. After many years of accumulation, blockages at said wounds can occur thus narrowing the blood vessels and thus, setting the stage for heart attack/stroke usually via thrombosis (blood clots).

In addition to the prudent move of taking anti-inflammatory enzymes, one can take many steps to minimize the risks:

1)anti inflammatory diet which includes omega-3s to help balance out the excess of omega 6's in the western diet. The omega 3's should be sourced from low risk renewable sources i.e., low to no heavy metals ...something like calamari (squid) DHA or algae/plant based DHA.

2) good quality CoQ10 (good for the heart and antioxidant improving hemodynamics) preferably water soluble like Qgel perhaps, rotating on a monthly basis with Idebenone (synthetic analog of CoQ10)
;

3)minimizing homocysteine by improving its clearance...getting adequate vit B6, folic acid and bit b12 as well as TMG (trimethylglycine) help to do this by either remethylating homocysteine or changing it to the conditionally necessary amino acid, cysteine. Since all of us are different genetically, it would help to get a genetic panel for certain single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) done for example to determine whether one has inborn variations in folate metabolism (MTHFr) or other SNPs which could adversely affect homocysteine clearance. If one has some SNPs, it could also pinpoint which vitamins are ideal e.g., for MTHFr regular folic acid could be harmful and one's body would be better served to take a methylated form like 5-MTHF which effectively bypasses an MTHFr polymorphism. These genetic panels are getting more common and they have gotten cheaper since the last 10 years or so. The branch of EPIGENETICS/Nutrigenomics has gained more attention/popularity over time. What we eat can and will influence our gene expression. For example, is just one example...there are many others which offer tests like these usually just requires a finger prick of blood or cheek swab.

Other risk points which may raise homocysteine - excess coffee consumption and excess protein consumption. With the former, one either can cut down and/or increase aforementioned B vitamins/TMG while with the latter decrease protein. Granted I am a fan of ketogenic diets/hi protein-hi fat, but in some individuals the excess protein WILL increase homocysteine. Why? Since proteins are made up of chains of amino acids with methionine being one, the addition of excess methionine (the starting point of the methyl cycle) can increase homocysteine. While the body can accomodate this in most healthy people who have a good diet rich in b vitamins, certain people may have problems particularly if they have cystathione beta synthase polymorphism (cbs upregulation). With this situation, excess protein will not only increase the homocysteine but also increase ammonia. Individuals like this also should not take vitamin B6 as it catalyzes and speeds up the CBS reaction further.

I think that everyone should personally get the genetic panel done as it can reveal if you have increased risks. Subsequently, one can supplement the key nutrients in the context of one's genetics. One can also follow up with serum diagnostic tests (blood and urine) for the actual levels of homocysteine, methionine, SAMe etc....so as to see the baseline and upon precision supplementation, do follow ups with these to gauge progress. The genetics (currently) are fixed, but the serum tests can be made to change through targeted supplementation.

4) effective exercise...I am sure many guys here are keenly aware of the importance of physical exercise so it should come as no surprise. With aerobic forms helping to strengthen and maintain heart/lungs, but also anabolic exercise to build/maintain lean muscle. More specifically, short duration instantaneous power lifts (low rep, high weight) rather than long drawn out high rep/low weight lifts have been effective in increasing the healthy cholesterol (High density lipoprotein HDL) levels. Particularly important in individuals who have a family history of high cholesterol. However as mentioned above, cholesterol is guilty only through association...real culprit is inflammation namely through homocysteine. One particular lab which I have found helpful for testing:

...genova diagnostics...but ya have to find a medical practitioner who offers tests like these. Unfortunately, most mainstream doctors are not aware of the importance of diagnostics and unfortunately, insurance will in many cases not cover the costs.

Just the tip of the iceberg on a very complex topic, but it should help kickstart those who are at risk or worried about not only heart problems, but also many other chronic diseases e.g., Alzheimer's, Parkinson's etc.

Very helpful website which details the importance of the methyl cycle:

with the dynamics of the methyl cycle conveniently pictured here:

wealth of info here.

Sorry gang for the long complicated post, but I feel that it can help those who are concerned. If you got this far, I hope that this helps!

ancillary links to topics mentioned:

...can adversely affect folate metabolism

----DISCLOSURE-----

I am not affiliated nor related to any of the websites listed. I only list certain websites purely for informational purpose for listmates here. There are plenty of other laboratories which now offer tests and plenty of quality supplement makers who offer good products. I have listed these only because they have been very informative for me.
10-15-2017 6:59 AM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

10-15-2017 4:33 PM

(10-15-2017 2:55 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Considering that my father, all 3 of his brothers and my sister have all had heart attacks, this caught my attention. Thanks for the post!

No problem, Mark. Always trying to improve.
10-15-2017 4:33 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vitamin K for heart health... and weight loss? wiserd 2 2,125 03-11-2013 1:39 AM
Last Post: Jamie