Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Separate Men's and Women's Reviews
fuzzcat
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 103
Thanks received:
154 thanks in 65 posts

Separate Men's and Women's Reviews
11-18-2013 11:08 AM

I would like to suggest separating the men's and women's reviews in the pheromone company reviews forums. It's hard to find the women's reviews because they get buried under all the men's reviews. Plus, I don't know which reviews to click on because I don't know which members are female and which are not. Sometimes I just guess by the username.
11-18-2013 11:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by NuTrix, MMM

NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3534
Thanks received:
2927 thanks in 1471 posts

RE: Separate Men's and Women's Reviews
11-22-2013 8:01 PM

Oooo! I wonder how difficult that would be? But it's true, as a new person coming in looking for product reviews...unless you know something is for men or for women... I remember wading through the reviews looking for feedback from other women. There just aren't a lot of us girls here and if a successful division could be made, I wonder if that would help new user gals find their way to helpful reviews and products?

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2013 8:15 PM by NuTrix.)
11-22-2013 8:01 PM
Thanks given by MMM, fuzzcat
evitala
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
12 thanks in 8 posts

11-23-2013 9:37 AM

I agree, this would make things a lot easier!
11-23-2013 9:37 AM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 1783
Thanks received:
4521 thanks in 1894 posts

11-23-2013 11:46 AM

Great suggestion and I've pondered it over quite a bit, and while their are merrits to the idea of separate mens and womens product reviews overall I don't think its a good idea, for several reason: 1. Most products are generally intended for use by a single sex anyway. 2. Members are currently free to read and post throughout the forums and oftentimes an opposite sex perspective on gender specific products lends a new perspective and can be very beneficial, while separating reviews would discourage women from commenting in mens review threads and vice versa. 3. It would be a nightmare to go through and read, identify and separate current review threads, then police the forums to enforce such a policy. 4. Members can identify their sex in their profiles and it is displayed in every post for those that do, although many don't or have chosen the "Often Please" option. Smile

I think a better solution might be to remove the "Often Pleae" option from the gender question and make the field mandatory upon registration, which means that at least for every new member registering their sex would be shown in every post, and we could ask that current members update their profiles. Thoughts?

Stop striving for PERFECTION, because the closer you get to achieving it the further away the goalpost moves. Instead, concentrate on PROGRESS, because you that you can meet and surpass every day!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
11-23-2013 11:46 AM
fuzzcat
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 103
Thanks received:
154 thanks in 65 posts

11-25-2013 1:09 PM

I don't think it would discourage the opposite sex from giving their input because they could always start their own threads if an opposite sex product has been useful to them. I think separating reviews would help people that are unfamiliar with a company or with the forum. I had never used pheromone xs before so I didn't know the names of the products and I had to go through a lot of pages to find the users that I knew were female. Someone who has not read the forum very much would have a difficult time knowing who is male and who is female or it might be difficult to identify someone if they haven't posted very much. It does seem like it would be a lot of work so I understand it might not be practical. I think it would make it easier for female newbies though.
11-25-2013 1:09 PM

mike007
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 14
Thanks received:
85 thanks in 50 posts

11-25-2013 1:46 PM

(11-23-2013 11:46 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  I think a better solution might be to remove the "Often Pleae" option from the gender question and make the field mandatory upon registration, which means that at least for every new member registering their sex would be shown in every post, and we could ask that current members update their profiles. Thoughts?

No to separate men's and women's review for the many reasons provided.

What would be very cool would be the ability to specify sex=female when creating search queries. And perhaps a prominent "Today's Posts by Women" link to a pre-built query for people to use.
11-25-2013 1:46 PM
Thanks given by fuzzcat, PhoenixOnFyre119
twnn
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
0 thanks in 0 posts

11-26-2013 2:19 PM