Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Reps and nominations?
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Reps and nominations?
11-11-2012 10:56 AM

My apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place. Move to where ever best suited by the powers here that be Blush

Can someone point me in the direction of where I can learn more about what Reps and nominations are? I've used the reps and I'm wondering how the amount is increased? I've been giving the highest number allowed me...I think..but it's tiny compared to the generosity of others. Is there I way to increase that amount? (I haven't given a negative and am having trouble even imagining using them lol) Also, some have been very generous with their reps. Is there a way to thank them like the "Thank" at the bottom of a posting? And what does being nominated for something mean, what is it for, how does one go about it and is there a way to thank for that too? This is only the 2nd forum I have been on EVER so if this is all elementary I'm very sorry Redface Could someone please humor me?

Thanks in advance!

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
11-11-2012 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Reps and nominations?
11-11-2012 11:44 AM

OK lets see:

The rep system is based on a percentage of each perrsons reputation, the more reps you have the more you can award. This is a cue we took from the other pt, because that's where a lot of our earliest members came from, and many still do.

For every hundred reps you have, you have a rep power of 1, which means that if you have 100 reps you can add or subrtract 1 point from the number of reps they have. If you have 1,000 reps you have a rep power of 10, etc.

Reps are usually awarded for posts that are very helpful or informative. Neg reps are generally reserved to show extreme disappointment toward a post that someone has made, and few of us ever use them, except for spammers, then sometimes it's funny to see how far in the red they end up. Smile

Thanks are generally used to show appreciation for a post that doesn't rise to the level of reaching a level of above and beyond.

The Nominations are used to nominate a post that you feel is deserving of being considerred for the best post of the month. In the past we had put together awards for the member who won the best post of the month, which were sponsored by vendors, but we haven't done so in awhile because we don't have that many vendors that are active and participate in the forum and we didn't want to keep asking the same few vendors month in and month out to sponser them.

However, it would be great to get them started up again, or at least on an occasional basis.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
11-11-2012 11:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread