Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Product testing
Fiedler
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Product testing
08-07-2019 4:08 PM

Hi all,

In my corporate job, very often I’m taking part in different projects, trials, testing rounds and remote discussion about introduction of new IT products and solutions that should simplify our corporate tasks and make life easier.

Some new tools are successful, some are disasters that require replacement after only few years.

During one of these boring teleconferences, I thought, that pheromones like any other products should go thru testing periods before being introduced on the market.

Does anybody know, how the new products are tested? Are there here any vendors or befriended/associated people? On which statistical sample/group are run the tests? How they are designated?

When the product recipe is being improved, how the vendors make sure that the new version is tested in the same enviroment?

Just being curious. I think we all here believe, that buying a product that doesn’t work or works completely accidentally is like throwing your money thru the window.

All statements from people closer to the matter, vendors etc. are welcome.
08-07-2019 4:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Product testing
08-07-2019 4:22 PM

The majority of the vendors here have a vendor's account and operate under pretty close scrutiny, with varying degrees of interaction.

That being said, most vendors, when they create or improve a product, send it out to evaluation groups to use and report upon. Exactly how they recruit the participants in their focus groups varies. I've seen some open calls here and there on this site and others, but a lot of the vendors source their groups from their own forums, or by other arbitrary means.

Once a consensus of effects and/ or potency is established the vendor will either market the product (more than likely named by the testers or because of their reports) or tweak it more until it is right, and sometimes just not market it.

As most to all of these companies are small, there just isn't the budget for laboratory studies, independent researching, etc. Overall though, the community tends to be self-policing, self-supporting, and there is a type of symbiosis between the vendors and the users; as the one relies upon the other.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
08-07-2019 4:22 PM
Fiedler
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

08-25-2019 1:33 PM

(08-07-2019 4:22 PM)Gladen Wrote:  Most vendors, when they create or improve a product, send it out to evaluation groups to use and report upon. Exactly how they recruit the participants in their focus groups varies.
I've seen some open calls here and there on this site and others, but a lot of the vendors source their groups from their own forums, or by other arbitrary means.

Could someone, who was directly involved in testing, was in these evaluation groups, elaborate more on the topic ?
08-25-2019 1:33 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

08-25-2019 8:03 PM

(08-25-2019 1:33 PM)Fiedler Wrote:  Could someone, who was directly involved in testing, was in these evaluation groups, elaborate more on the topic ?

What would you like to know?

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of differing perspectives?" If not, there's no point in arguing.
08-25-2019 8:03 PM

Fiedler
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

09-01-2019 2:57 PM

(08-25-2019 8:03 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  What would you like to know?

Everything, step by step.

1) How do you prepare the testing ground / testing group?
2) Once you run multiple tests - how you ensure, that the targets and results are comparable?
3) How you receive an objective feedback?
4) How long are you running tests of one product - 1 week, 1 month, 6 months - to ensure the results are good enough? etc.

Please provide as many details as you can. Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019 2:57 PM by Fiedler.)
09-01-2019 2:57 PM
Fiedler
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

09-26-2019 1:35 PM

Hi Snoopy,

any news here? Would you please provide me some details?

If you wish, you drop me a PM.
09-26-2019 1:35 PM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

09-26-2019 4:08 PM

(09-01-2019 2:57 PM)Fiedler Wrote:  Everything, step by step.

1) How do you prepare the testing ground / testing group?
2) Once you run multiple tests - how you ensure, that the targets and results are comparable?
3) How you receive an objective feedback?
4) How long are you running tests of one product - 1 week, 1 month, 6 months - to ensure the results are good enough? etc.

Please provide as many details as you can. Thanks in advance.

Hiya Fiedler!

I see where you're headed but your answer to 1-3 can be summed up with "not at all possible" ; 4a can be answered by "depends on how long the volunteer continues to test and report", and part b, again, gets the answer of "not possible".

While it would be amazing and wonderful to be able to quantify measured and weighed results for any product, such clinical trial stringencies are not possible due to the human factor, which you alluded to in your second question (so I don't need to elaborate on that).

Because of myriad plethora of variables, pheromones are impossible to measure in a sanitized and replicable fashion.

Not even considering the logistics and expense of attempting to govern a scientific trial (which would be doomed to fail anyway as it would require all subjects and all targets to be exactly alike) pheromones just don't create a reaction in that fashion. How they mix with my chemistry and personal aura and yours, or that next person's (but not that guy over there), and how any random person will respond depends on a multitude of factors and contingencies that is simply immeasurable.

On the plus side, the inability to measure them, apart from niche groups, such as here at the Truth, that are dedicated to objective self-policing reviews to arrive at a consensus, is a huge blessing for pheromone enthusiasts.

If everyone knew that they are, indeed, quite effective, then they would be commonplace and used by everyone. and when everyone has the advantage, nobody does. Pheromones are like the quote from Buddy Pine "Because when everyone is Super, no one is."

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
09-26-2019 4:08 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

09-26-2019 4:48 PM

What Gladen said. Thanks Gladen for the excellent reply!

(09-26-2019 4:08 PM)Gladen Wrote:  Hiya Fiedler!

I see where you're headed but your answer to 1-3 can be summed up with "not at all possible" ; 4a can be answered by "depends on how long the volunteer continues to test and report", and part b, again, gets the answer of "not possible".

While it would be amazing and wonderful to be able to quantify measured and weighed results for any product, such clinical trial stringencies are not possible due to the human factor, which you alluded to in your second question (so I don't need to elaborate on that).

Because of myriad plethora of variables, pheromones are impossible to measure in a sanitized and replicable fashion.

Not even considering the logistics and expense of attempting to govern a scientific trial (which would be doomed to fail anyway as it would require all subjects and all targets to be exactly alike) pheromones just don't create a reaction in that fashion. How they mix with my chemistry and personal aura and yours, or that next person's (but not that guy over there), and how any random person will respond depends on a multitude of factors and contingencies that is simply immeasurable.

On the plus side, the inability to measure them, apart from niche groups, such as here at the Truth, that are dedicated to objective self-policing reviews to arrive at a consensus, is a huge blessing for pheromone enthusiasts.

If everyone knew that they are, indeed, quite effective, then they would be commonplace and used by everyone. and when everyone has the advantage, nobody does. Pheromones are like the quote from Buddy Pine "Because when everyone is Super, no one is."

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of differing perspectives?" If not, there's no point in arguing.
09-26-2019 4:48 PM

Share This Thread