Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Politicians Hard at Work!
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thumbs Down Politicians Hard at Work!
10-28-2009 9:05 AM

[Image: 42984.jpg]

House Minority Leader Lawrence F. Cafero Jr., R-Norwalk, pictured standing, far right, speaks while colleagues Rep. Barbara Lambert, D-Milford and Rep. Jack F. Hennessy, D-Bridgeport, play solitaire Monday night as the House convened to vote on a new budget. (AP)

The guy sitting in the row in front of these two... he's on Facebook, and the guy behind Hennessy is checking out the baseball scores.

These are the folks that can't get the budget out by Oct. 1, Seriously!!!
So, we've got a 30 day budget extension. Well, guess what, 30 days from now we will be in the same boat. I guess this makes it easy for the news "˜reporters' as all they have to do is recycle the same headlines from this week and from 2 years ago. And these yo-yos will still be playing SOLITAIRE!!!

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
10-28-2009 9:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

RE: Politicians Hard at Work!
10-28-2009 2:45 PM

Anybody looking to run against these guys should take note...I could just see this as the new negative ad...no sound just the cards zipping across the screen as the camera slowly pans back to show the incumbent playing solitaire.

Facebook, baseball stats, these could be justified however lamely...solitaire...nuh uh.

The Androstenone Discussion
10-28-2009 2:45 PM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

RE: Politicians Hard at Work!
10-28-2009 3:47 PM

That's fucking ridiculous. They better not expect to get voted into office again. This is what our taxes go to? Corporations spend time increasing worker productivity, why can't we? This is about as useful as the cops who didn't help me yesterday.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
10-28-2009 3:47 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Congressman Pete Stark, Hard at Work mark-in-dallas 0 1,373 06-30-2010 9:25 AM
Last Post: mark-in-dallas